250 & 350 ride height

Hey guys I’m trying to decide between 250 and 350 tremor. I know the ride quality is a bit nicer with the 250 but do they have the exact same ride height?
Buddy, they have the exact same everything but the badge. 250=350. 350=250.
All the same suspension parts, ride is same, height is same.
This is for Tremor package only.

Hey guys I’m trying to decide between 250 and 350 tremor. I know the ride quality is a bit nicer with the 250 but do they have the exact same ride height?
F250 rides the same as F350 - both have overload spring on Tremor Package.

If you look real close the shape of the "3" complements the lines of the truck better and makes the F-350 look taller than the F-250.

It does. Look close.
But the 2 is more aerodynamic so you get .01 mpg improvement over the 3

But the 2 is more aerodynamic so you get .01 mpg improvement over the 3
But since the 2 has an open end on each side and the 3 has its open ends on the same side the truck tents to pull to the left (the side with the open ends facing forward) because of the extra drag. Since the result is a constant need to turn right to go straight because of the drag there is an increase in tire wear. The extra cost of the tires negates the fuel savings.

If we're going to give good advice, we have to give all of it.

But since the 2 has an open end on each side and the 3 has its open ends on the same side the truck tents to pull to the left (the side with the open ends facing forward) because of the extra drag. Since the result is a constant need to turn right to go straight because of the drag there is an increase in tire wear. The extra cost of the tires negates the fuel savings.

If we're going to give good advice, we have to give all of it.
Wouldn't that be improved gas mileage AND less tire wear for the f250?

If you look real close the shape of the "3" complements the lines of the truck better and makes the F-350 look taller than the F-250.

It does. Look close.
Don’t forget…resale you may find a buyer that thinks the 350 is superior…like I thought when I bought my 350 Tremor
1636082757755.png

same truck ....unless your in a blue state....buy the 350...so your tow rating will be 700 lbs hiher

Don’t forget…resale you may find a buyer that thinks the 350 is superior…like I thought when I bought my 350 TremorView attachment 38326
The 350 is superior if you want more payload.

same truck ....unless your in a blue state....buy the 350...so your tow rating will be 700 lbs hiher
If you’re in a blue state order with the 11400GVWR de-rate package

If you want to tow heavy without much in the way of payload in the truck, get the 250. Reason: go above 26,000 combined GVWR between the truck and trailer and you get into potentially needing license enhancements - what those enhancements are depend on what you're towing and the state you're in, but the most extreme requirement is a full CDL. With the lower GVWR of the 250, you get more trailer headroom before hitting that magical number.

An example of this is towing equipment solo. You may have some tools in the truck, but it's basically you and your equipment trailer.

If, however, you will be towing heavy with a bunch of payload, the 350 will be better as you will be bumping up against the payload limit before you max out your towing capacity. This also means you likely won't be approaching the 26,000 pound combined GVWR number.

An example of this is towing an RV with your family and the variety of gear that comes along with that in the truck.

It's worth calling out that going over your GVWR is not illegal in and of itself in any state that I'm aware of. Additionally, it's quite possible (definitely possible in WA, your mileage may vary in other states) you can register your truck for a weight greater (or less) than your GVWR. Exceeding your registered weight is illegal, regardless of your GVWR and can directly get you a ticket if you're weighed.

The reason the additional GVWR may be beneficial is because exceeding it could cause you to run into liability issues should you get into an accident. In that case, the fact you were over GVWR could potentially be used to deny insurance coverage or contribute to a negligence or similar ticket.

Of note: I'm not a lawyer, I haven't actually heard of/read of a case where someone was denied insurance coverage for being overweight; however, I also try to not underestimate what insurance company lawyers will come up with to get out of paying money.

/\ /\ /\
Great, clearly explained, informational response! 👍
A respected member that is a true asset to this site!

Back