23 SD Platty longbed @ Philly Auto

side note, since this is a platinum and it got the fancy headlights, the sensors we are seeing on the arms are also part of the headlight leveling system. not just the scales.

SPE has a bad reputation to begin with.

I don’t trust cat filters. They don’t clearly list the ratings for each filter instead putting them in categories like standard or advanced high efficiency or ultra high efficiency and hiding a range that they fall into.

People think those yellow filters are special because of the equipment cat makes. I rarely see cat filters on cat equipment and NEVER see them on any other equipment. See plenty of Baldwin, Donaldson and fleetguard out there though. Our training site has around 30-40 pieces of cat equipment new and old and none use cat filters. Our site stocks hundreds if not thousands of filters and none are cat.

Their competitors offer better filters with better ratings and they clearly list the specs for each filter.

If SPE really wanted to make a great product they could have gotten filters that were 2 micron and filtered better than oem but they went with cat to “look” flashy and get the fanboys to purchase.

Well I guess we're the odd ball because all we run is Cat filters on our Cat equipment and have for 20 years.

Our "fleet" is small with only 8 pieces of Cat iron out of 12 rolling stock, from 2 - 279D's up to a 325FL. Oldest pieces are 533E, 953C and D5G all 2004 models bought new which have had Cat filters on them their entire lives with a couple of exceptions along the way when other filters were not available. Highest hour engine we have is in a 2014 321DL with 8K+ hours on the clock. Knock on wood we have not had a major component failure.

Cat ELC is an excellent coolant as well. Replaced the water pump on the 953C with 4K hours on the clock and there were zero signs of cavitation in the piping. We changed our non-Cat equipment over to ELC as well. Haven't researched the compatibility using Cat ELC in a 6.7 but if it met spec I wouldn't hesitate to use it.

Now I am not putting Cat oil/fuel filters on my 22 however nothing but Cat filters are going on our equipment.

No it’s not a tremor, yes it’s a 450 but thought y’all might find these real numbers interesting… Truck was just dropped off for display at Houston Rodeo

Attachments

• 574CC94E-14AC-4417-B8E4-BC321B0FE708.jpeg
    574CC94E-14AC-4417-B8E4-BC321B0FE708.jpeg
    318.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 27A28453-B8D5-4190-8173-3DA5EF82D3E9.jpeg
    27A28453-B8D5-4190-8173-3DA5EF82D3E9.jpeg
    385 KB · Views: 81
No it’s not a tremor, yes it’s a 450 but thought y’all might find these real numbers interesting… Truck was just dropped off for display at Houston Rodeo
I thought the numbers would be higher. I don't hate the look, but I think it's because of the flares and wheels. I have always liked these trucks.

Not for me, but I love the look of the new dually.

Back