22 Platinum Ambient Cup Holders

Following… I have a Lariat Ultimate coming eventually and it has ambient lighting… cupholders would be nice.

I read about the mod design and instructions posted by JHForman812 at FTE. He started a thread "What did you do to your Superduty today? 2022 version"

I plan to follow his instructions to add the OEM rings to the bottom of the cup holder. He posted the parts needed for the mod and instructions on how to tap in to the ambient light at the driver's foot well. It looks like a very clean OEM quality type mod. I found all of the new parts he listed on ebay.

I'm going to move forward with the purchase.
ambient cup holder.jpeg
ambient cup holder on.jpeg

My truck "should" be here within the week. This will be a good, inexpensive, first mod while I wait for the PPF/Window Tint/ Ceramic coating guy to free up.

Again, Credit goes to JHForman812 at FTE for the idea and postinf the details.

To save folks from having to do the same digging I did, here's the post with the part numbers:

Unfortunately all of the posts are scattered through the massive thread since it isn't a dedicated thread.

To save folks from having to do the same digging I did, here's the post with the part numbers:

Unfortunately all of the posts are scattered through the massive thread since it isn't a dedicated thread.
Thanks. I wasn't sure if we were allowed to post threads from other forums.

Definitely following this! Could you post the part numbers so they're all in one place? Also, when you do this, would it be possible to make a video?? That would be super helpful.

part numbers
HC3Z-14A318-C cup holder light ring
HC3Z-14A318-E wire assembly with LEDs

Ford pigtail its part number WPT-1103. I ordered two of these. One for use to add the extra wires to the foot well and the other to plug in to the rings.

part numbers
HC3Z-14A318-C cup holder light ring
HC3Z-14A318-E wire assembly with LEDs

Ford pigtail its part number WPT-1103. I ordered two of these. One for use to add the extra wires to the foot well and the other to plug in to the rings.
Do they make a “D” cup holder, asking for a friend?

Post up ur mod! Negative 22 lighting is Not in cuo holders!
Seems like over the last few years all they've done is take stuff away from the platinum to make the limited more special. My 17 had lit doorsills and color changing ambient light, my 20 had no doorsill lights and lost the color change ability. Now my 22 i wont even be able to see where to put my cup:cry:. At least the prices keep going up

I have to do this when I get my tremor just to piss my wife off. We got rid of her 15 durango because I was sick of fixing it for a 4runner. Of course 4runners are dinosaurs and don't have anything fancy including lighted cupholders.

Definitely following this! Could you post the part numbers so they're all in one place? Also, when you do this, would it be possible to make a video?? That would be super helpful.
That would be great, be nice to see someone get it out without breaking it, my dealer couldn't do it

Back