'22 Lariat no wireless charger?

BroncOh

Tremor Development
Founding Member
Tremor R&D 🧰
Reaction Points
Military
USAF
Saw this on FTE forum, so I had to research this for myself to find out if it is true. It appears the Lariat in '22 gets wireless carplay/android auto, but still doesn't include the wireless charger pad for the phone.. based on the information in the order guide, you need a King Ranch to get the wireless charging pad, unless you get the Lariat Ultimate Package. (Note: see my edit below)

Say what? Kinda defeats the purpose if you want to charge while connected to Sync without a cable plugged in. At that specific point there is zero reason to have wireless carplay/android auto in the Lariat.

If you don't need to charge the phone, then yes, it still makes some sense to have wireless carplay/android auto, but we don't need to give Ford the idea that this is ok. :unsure:

Edit: the wireless charging pad is included in the Lariat Ultimate Package 96U actually. My point still stands for the regular Lariat without that package, since there is still Sync 4 with wireless carplay on the base Lariat.

Last edited:
Saw this on FTE forum, so I had to research this for myself to find out if it is true. It appears the Lariat in '22 gets wireless carplay/android auto, but still doesn't include the wireless charger pad for the phone.. based on the information in the order guide, you need a King Ranch to get the wireless charging pad, unless you get the Lariat Ultimate Package. (Note: see my edit below)

Say what? Kinda defeats the purpose if you want to charge while connected to Sync without a cable plugged in. At that specific point there is zero reason to have wireless carplay/android auto in the Lariat.

If you don't need to charge the phone, then yes, it still makes some sense to have wireless carplay/android auto, but we don't need to give Ford the idea that this is ok. :unsure:

Edit: the wireless charging pad is included in the Lariat Ultimate Package 96U actually. My point still stands for the regular Lariat without that package, since there is still Sync 4 with wireless carplay on the base Lariat.
Good find! Well, bad for customers, but good on your part lol.

Fortunately I got the Lariat Ultimate Package, but that really sucks for folks who didn't. And seems really dumb on Ford's part. :(

Seriously though, I think this is fine. For short trips it’s nice to have wireless CarPlay and not take the phone out of your pocket. For longer trips it’s not a big deal to plug the phone in.

But in reality CarPlay integration is really best when you have dual screens anyway. So I use a wireless magnetic dash mount and a wireless CarPlay adapter. I keep the adapter in the little cubby with the poorly placed charging pad and vow to never open that little door.

I mean, does a Lariat without Lariat Ultimate make any sense to begin with?
To me, no, since I ordered the Ultimate 96U, but some peoples' budget may say otherwise since these packages and trucks are grossly overpriced to being with.

Yeah, though I feel like once you crossed into the price territory of a Lariat, you’re not very budget conscious and you may as well get the full features of the Lariat for the small percentage increase in price of Ultimate.

Otherwise go XLT, save a bunch of money, and spare your ass the heat of these uncooled leather seats.

It seems like Ford thinks so too given the weird XLT/Lariat price overlap.

Personally, the wireless charging layout sucks anyway. You get it lined up, hit a bump, it moves and you gotta reach in there and line it up again. Plus with cords plugged in its a PIA. IMO

My wife's 19' Buick has similar issues, its like they put them in the most incovienent place.

Yeah, though I feel like once you crossed into the price territory of a Lariat, you’re not very budget conscious and you may as well get the full features of the Lariat for the small percentage increase in price of Ultimate.

Otherwise go XLT, save a bunch of money, and spare your ass the heat of these uncooled leather seats.

I wish there was a rear window slide delete in the Lariat Tremor TBH. Something I don't want or will ever use. '13 F150 has it and it can leak sometimes and the rear defroster doesn't work anymore due to the crappy finger contact design.

I wish there was a rear window slide delete in the Lariat Tremor TBH. Something I don't want or will ever use. '13 F150 has it and it can leak sometimes and the rear defroster doesn't work anymore due to the crappy finger contact design.
Yeah, my slider leaks. Fortunately it has only seen water when I’m washing it, and it’s pretty great the rest of the time. A pro/con of California the last few years (feels like central Texas in ~2010. ?☀️?)

Personally, the wireless charging layout sucks anyway. You get it lined up, hit a bump, it moves and you gotta reach in there and line it up again. Plus with cords plugged in its a PIA. IMO

My wife's 19' Buick has similar issues, its like they put them in the most incovienent place.

Yep. Same in our other vehicles. Magnetic dash mount is a must.

Yeah, my slider leaks. Fortunately it has only seen water when I’m washing it, and it’s pretty great the rest of the time. A pro/con of California the last few years (feels like central Texas in ~2010. ?☀️?)
I think if mine becomes an issue, I think it would be possible to 'upgrade' to an XLT one piece rear window? Hope the harness is the same.

Not only does the wireless charging pad have issues with devices staying put, it charges so slowly that I personally never use it. I use a cable all the time.

I also don't use CarPlay, so I don't really understand the complaint about needing to plug it in.

Totally Agree ... this option is totally useless ... it is almost impossible to utilize if you have large hands ... very difficult and annoying

Totally Agree ... this option is totally useless ... it is almost impossible to utilize if you have large hands ... very difficult and annoying
x3 on this the wireless charger sucks :(

I cannot stand the wireless charger in my '21 so I am using the Course Motorsports mount while attaching the cable to the phone.

Once my AAWireless device comes in I plan to purchase this and put it on the Course Motorsports ball mount. I will feed the USB cable in the dash and out the air vent into the charger to power it.

You can get the cooled seats on the Value package. I did not get the Ultimate because there is literally nothing in that package that I want. But, I wanted heated and cooled seats(and heated rear seats) and most importantly to me.....memory seats!

Back