22 Black Bear šŸ» Build

What's the license plate bracket?

I have the winch and I don't have the tag on the front like I'm supposed to.
According to the Ford Performance page with the winch details, you needā€¦
ā€œOptional part : Front License Bracket LC3Z-17A385-BA in states/provinces requiring. See a Ford Dealer or www.FordParts.com for more information. A Factory Ordered Winch option does include the brackets in a vehicle prep kit.ā€

Looks like you can buy it online here:

According to the Ford Performance page with the winch details, you needā€¦
ā€œOptional part : Front License Bracket LC3Z-17A385-BA in states/provinces requiring. See a Ford Dealer or www.FordParts.com for more information. A Factory Ordered Winch option does include the brackets in a vehicle prep kit.ā€

Looks like you can buy it online here:
Thanks!
Now that I know I'll make the dealer order and give it to me.

Okay, this is a weird upgradeā€¦ today I stopped into a keys/locksmith/disc golf store, and I had them copy my truck key. It was $39 for the copy. It canā€™t be used to start the truck, but now I can easily lock the glove compartment, center console, and rear seat rather than having to always remove the hidden key from Fordā€™s key fob. I have the spare attached to my fob now for easy use.

1979A9E0-D4F2-41E9-B8DE-92D9F93FD8D2.jpeg

Alright, I had these warnings appear around 100 miles into the drive on my new 2022.

BCCAA200-DC99-44AE-9278-86672165BEE1.jpeg

7B69912C-91A4-47F2-993A-4E4C31030078.jpeg

Had the truck at Covert in Austin, TX this past week. They were stumped and had to call the Ford hotline. Ford said to replace a ā€œbracketā€. Iā€™m not sure which one. Will try to update tomorrow if I find out.

The bracket didnā€™t fix anything. Covert called Ford again, and they said to replace the sensor. (I assume the adaptive cruise sensor) This fixed the problem!

Todayā€™s upgrade. Bullrings! šŸ® šŸ’
Bought directly from BullRingUSA model #4025

View attachment 49183View attachment 49184View attachment 49185View attachment 49186
How do you like the Bullrings? What do you use them for, that you couldn't make use of the stock bed anchor points or the boxlink brackets?

How do you like the Bullrings? What do you use them for, that you couldn't make use of the stock bed anchor points or the boxlink brackets?
We are taking a family trip to the Frio River soon. When all the tubes are inflated itā€™s hard to get bungees around them down to the box link handles. Iā€™m planning to use the bull rings then.

I also think they will be useful for the occasional tie down of something on top of my tonneau cover. I havenā€™t done that yet but I like to have options. My cover does hold a ton of weight, but it could be useful one day.

Alright, I had these warnings appear around 100 miles into the drive on my new 2022.

View attachment 52909
View attachment 52908

Had the truck at Covert in Austin, TX this past week. They were stumped and had to call the Ford hotline. Ford said to replace a ā€œbracketā€. Iā€™m not sure which one. Will try to update tomorrow if I find out.

The bracket didnā€™t fix anything. Covert called Ford again, and they said to replace the sensor. (I assume the adaptive cruise sensor) This fixed the problem!
Hereā€™s the report from my service ticket:

ā€œCUSTOMER STATES THAT THE ADAPTIVE CRUISE WARNING MESSAGE IS
ON ALONG WITH THE PRE COLLISION SYSTEM UNAVAILABLE WARNING
Using FDRS I self tested the CCM and recieved the code B142E:78 Forward Looking Sensor Horizontal Alignment:
Alignment or Adjustment Incorrect which lead me to PinPoint Test E. E1 had me visual inspected the CCM bracket to see if there was any damage to the bracket and I did not find any. It had me replace the bracket.
Removing the Front cover to the CCM I was able to gain access to the module and replaced it with a new one. Aligned it to the truck and did PM on the module using FDRS. After I did the radar alignment where I have to drive 30 mins over 55 mph to align the truck. Self tested and found the code to no longer be present and the pre collision warning light is no longer on the dash.ā€

Hereā€™s the interesting partā€¦
Iā€™m surprised Ford had the tech replace the bracket even though there was no visual damage. I wonder if ford knows the bracket is often bent due to a bad design with the winch. Could this be the beginning of a recall?? See this thread on the bent bracketā€¦
https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/oem-warn-winch-lesson-learned-hook-winch-hook-to-tow-hook.10144/

Last edited:

View attachment 52909
View attachment 52908

I installed a kill switch and these are the messages I get when trying to start with the kill switch active.

I have these and use them all the time for all kinds of tie down situations they are easy to access and are very useful. Were super easy to install - being all stainless steel - they should hold up well also.

Alright, my brain was struggling with all the electrical and air connections I was planning. I decided to draw a diagram of my design for powering accessories both at the front and rear of the truck. The heart of the system is the power distribution block installed in the bed on a BuiltRight rack. Anything Iā€™m missing? Iā€™ve already completed switches 1 and 6 on the truck. More to come!

25C14758-677B-4093-A363-952190654ECB.png

Last edited:
Alright, my brain was struggling with all the electrical and air connections I was planning. I decided to draw a diagram of my design for powering accessories both at the front and rear of the truck. The heart of the system is the power distribution block installed in the bed on a BuiltRight rack. Anything Iā€™m missing? Iā€™ve already completed switches 1 and 6 on the truck. More to come!

View attachment 54110
What size air tank are you using and where are you putting it....

What size air tank are you using and where are you putting it....
I have this Boss Air Suspensions 3 gallon sitting in my garage. Iā€™m planning to mount it under the bed in front of the spare tire. I think there is enough room. I have some square aluminum tubing and alll thread from Home Depot to make a bracket to hang it. I like this particular tank more than Viair bc the mounts it comes with allow the tank to rotate to always ensure the drain plug is facing down.

Last edited:
I have this Boss Air Suspensions 3 gallon sitting in my garage. Iā€™m planning to mount it under the bed in front of the spare tire. I think there is enough room. I have some square aluminum tubing and alll thread from Home Depot to make a bracket to hang it. I like this particular tank more than Viair bc the mounts it comes with allow the tank to rotate to always ensure the drain plug is facing down.

Following

Air tank I wanna use is a tad smaller posted a thread already to see if guys would know if it fits before I order

Back