2024 MY Super Duty Order/Schedule/Build Thread

Had the best car buying experience in my life with this F250 Tremor I picked up yesterday.

If you need an honest dealership that cares about their customers, and can get things done, call Tina at Johnson Bros Ford in Temple TX.

Tell her Trey sent you and she will take care of you. The owner and GM are amazing as well.

Attachments

• IMG_6508.jpeg
    IMG_6508.jpeg
    517.1 KB · Views: 14
You guys get all the anticipation and excitement with ordering yours these days!👍

I ordered my Tremor on February 3. 2020.
I took delivery from the dealer on March 9, a few days before CA was shut down for Covid.

I have ordered all of my vehicles, boats and RV’s since 1992, when I built my ‘92 F250 XLT S/C 4x4 with the 7.3 International Harvester. Awesome engine! Prior to that I had an’89 F250 with the 6.9 diesel.

The avg time for factory orders was pretty much always 4-6 weeks for anything other than a few specialty vehicles. Boats and RV’s took longer. Some much longer! But for me, they were all worth the wait!

Do any of you know if I could still get the original factory build and shipping dates like you all monitor these days?
What site do you utilize for the info?
Thanks!!

Had the best car buying experience in my life with this F250 Tremor I picked up yesterday.

If you need an honest dealership that cares about their customers, and can get things done, call Tina at Johnson Bros Ford in Temple TX.

Tell her Trey sent you and she will take care of you. The owner and GM are amazing as well.
Since you knew the owner and GM did they give you a good priority code (something other than 19)?

Since you knew the owner and GM did they give you a good priority code (something other than 19)?
No, I didn’t ask for anything special, I wanted to give them the business given I’ve known the GM for a long time.

I placed the order 1/2/24 and it was built the week of 3/25/24. Picked it up 4/10/24. I don’t know how much control they had over that, but it was quicker than we all thought.

Updated now, shipped 3/30
So my truck shipped 3/30, the same as yours. But for some reason it only made it to Shelbyville KY. I have a rail car number. It shows arrived Via Norfolk Southern on the 30th. But estimated delivery day to the dealership is now April 28th (Sunday)???
None of this seems to make any sense to me. 🤷‍♂️
I do see to the east of Shelbyville a small rail yard (Allied Systems) with a big parking lot. A lot of cars and trucks outside, but my truck is already supposed to be in a rail car.

So my truck shipped 3/30, the same as yours. But for some reason it only made it to Shelbyville KY. I have a rail car number. It shows arrived Via Norfolk Southern on the 30th. But estimated delivery day to the dealership is now April 28th (Sunday)???
None of this seems to make any sense to me. 🤷‍♂️
I do see to the east of Shelbyville a small rail yard (Allied Systems) with a big parking lot. A lot of cars and trucks outside, but my truck is already supposed to be in a rail car.
Dang!

Well I picked mine up today from Granger. The Antimatter is definitely more blue in bright sun but otherwise pretty dark. It got pretty great fuel mileage over almost 400 miles too. Averaged 20 MPG and I wasn't using cruise or otherwise trying to manage speed. I guess it's time for me to move on from this thread. Good luck guys!!

BTW ... Chip and Shelby were fantastic to work with. Quickest and smoothest purchasing experience I've had in 30 years of buying cars. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Attachments

• IMG_2659.jpg
    IMG_2659.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2658.jpg
    IMG_2658.jpg
    426.1 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2657.jpg
    IMG_2657.jpg
    425.1 KB · Views: 58
I’m still getting used to where all of the adjustment and control buttons are, etc. one thing I’m not terribly wild about is the new layout for the mirror adjustments. I prefer the knob the 2016 and older ones had where you could tap the knob backward to fold the mirrors in. Was nice when you’re navigating a narrow, almost one lane road with a truck coming at you and a telephone pole close to the road on the other side. Sometimes the dumbo ears need to come in. You didn’t have to search for it, just reach up and pull back.

I’m still getting used to where all of the adjustment and control buttons are, etc. one thing I’m not terribly wild about is the new layout for the mirror adjustments. I prefer the knob the 2016 and older ones had where you could tap the knob backward to fold the mirrors in. Was nice when you’re navigating a narrow, almost one lane road with a truck coming at you and a telephone pole close to the road on the other side. Sometimes the dumbo ears need to come in. You didn’t have to search for it, just reach up and pull back.
I have the knob style now How do they fold now?

The Excitement!

I have the knob style now How do they fold now?
Top rectangle is the extend and the top, left above circle is the fold. Once you get used to it I guess it becomes muscle memory but you have to kind of search for it the first few times.

Just a grumpy old guy complaining but overall it’s a huge improvement over the previous generations. They did a good job marrying the tech many of us have become accustomed to with a proven towing beast. Now if they’d just add phones as a key like the EV’s have like Lightning and Mach-E.

Attachments

• IMG_2661.jpeg
    IMG_2661.jpeg
    409.9 KB · Views: 45
Back