2024 Chevy 2500 ZR2

I would 100% buy that over the 2023 Tremor. I would have been on the fence between a standard 2024 GM HD vs a 2023 Ford SD, but with this, it’s almost a no brainer. When I got my 2022 Tremor it was a no brainer compared to the 2022/2023 GM competition.

Looks wise the 24 is an improvement, but still at the bottom of the list for me. It's really the front that I dislike the most and also not a fan of the side mirrors.

With Chevy/GM able to crank out 24s (I'm hearing 8 weeks after an order is placed on average), it will be interesting to see how much business this takes from Ford.

Looks wise the 24 is an improvement, but still at the bottom of the list for me. It's really the front that I dislike the most and also not a fan of the side mirrors.

With Chevy/GM able to crank out 24s (I'm hearing 8 weeks after an order is placed on average), it will be interesting to see how much business this takes from Ford.
Great opportunity for Ford to get their production times down.

Just like the TRX brought new competition to the Raptor, Im hoping this gets Ford seriously invested in the future Tremors. Being a Ford guy i think i would still take a Tremor for a myriad of reasons but the suspension on the Chevy is pretty slick, and for once Chevy actually has a livable interior.

None of it matters though because like Motoxxx43 said those have to be the worst mirrors ever put on a production vehicle and i could never look past them.

Just like the TRX brought new competition to the Raptor, Im hoping this gets Ford seriously invested in the future Tremors. Being a Ford guy i think i would still take a Tremor for a myriad of reasons but the suspension on the Chevy is pretty slick, and for once Chevy actually has a livable interior.

None of it matters though because like Motoxxx43 said those have to be the worst mirrors ever put on a production vehicle and i could never look past them.
Off topic, but to set the record straight, the TRX does not bring competition to the Raptor in any credible way.

The active valve Fox shocks and 5-link rear coil suspension, as well as the various terrain management modes of the Raptor, leave the TRX literally and figuratively in the dust. The TRX has a lot of horsepower and can go fast in a straight line. Thus ends the "pros".

If you look at used/resell prices, Raptors are still commanding a premium, and used TRXs are depreciating like a rock.

It is an improvement, but lacks any type of front limited slip or locker. Their half ton versions have e-lockers front and rear. It is a shame they didn't put anything in the front differential.

Off topic, but to set the record straight, the TRX does not bring competition to the Raptor in any credible way.

The active valve Fox shocks and 5-link rear coil suspension, as well as the various terrain management modes of the Raptor, leave the TRX literally and figuratively in the dust. The TRX has a lot of horsepower and can go fast in a straight line. Thus ends the "pros".

If you look at used/resell prices, Raptors are still commanding a premium, and used TRXs are depreciating like a rock.
the minute i drove the TRX i made exact same thoughts. Different and faster? Yes. Raptor killer, nahhhhhhh. The cringey decal inside the engine bay makes it even worse lol. Cheaper than an R, though.

100% agreed the Raptor is on a different level. That being said i dont think the Raptor R would have ever existed if RAM didnt do the TRX. So im just saying that perhaps Ford gets slightly more aggressive with their Tremors given that now there is some competition in the HD Off Road market too with the Rebel, AT4X, and ZR2. Neither the RAM nor the GM twins are better, but Ford isnt the only player anymore and theyll want to stay the best.

Excuse me while I clean up my drool from the option for factory tested and validated (particularly thinking of crashes here), third-party winch capable, fantastic looking stamped steel bumpers.

Dammit Super Duty trucks need that option.

Thread title should be changed to "The original version of the 2023 Tremor" subtitled Ford looks to GM as it builds the 2023 Superduty Tremor. LOL :)

I saw my 1st 23 Tremor in the wild yesterday....These look better. Don't know if I would make the same decision if I was in the market today...

Price is “aspirational but attainable.” Interesting.
Would rather have the 7.3 and -1,000 pounds. It does look good tho, even tho I’m just not a fan of black wheels personally...looks like they are just dirty/covered in brake dust to me.

But those side mirrors :sick:
To this day I don't know what they were thinking. They had similar mirrors on the 2019- without the whole broken arm look. It just makes no sense.

If I'm being honest the reason I picked Ford over GMC was almost strictly cosmetic. That 2024 is definitely closing the gap, especially since the 2023 took 3 steps backwards in the looks department.

8c99cfdc-5852-419d-bdcb-87e96d719e4e_screenshot.jpg

Those mirrors tho... 🤣

Back