2023 6.7l high output

WHISKEYSAVAGE

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Military
USAF VET
Current Ride
2022 F250 Lariat 6.7l
Has anyone seen the hp and torque numbers yet?
I read it's gonna be around 1,260 lb.-ft. and 570 horsepower.

I have not seen any figures. That would be insane!

Ford Super Duty chief engineer Andrew Kernahan was asked in an interview about the increase over the standard 6.7l, around 20% was all he would say.

Ford Super Duty chief engineer Andrew Kernahan was asked in an interview about the increase over the standard 6.7l, around 20% was all he would say.
My guess, as others have said previously, is they are going to de-rate the base 6.7 the increase the numbers slightly above the ‘22 6.7 to say 500hp 1200tq and call it HO.

My guess, as others have said previously, is they are going to de-rate the base 6.7 the increase the numbers slightly above the ‘22 6.7 to say 500hp 1150tq and call it HO.
OK that sounds like what Ford did to the 6.0l after the 2004.5 model that detuned it to reduce headgasket failures.
Anytime you took your truck in for something, the techs would automatically reflash your pcm and screw you and your truck over with less power and worse mileage.
If you are right, it's possible that Ford will reflash any pre 23 trucks to the standard output of the 23 6.7l motors.

8020b1710924442465a4c53e7b282ba72a4120aa_hq.jpg

My guess, which is as good as anyone else’s is standard 6.7 de-rate to 440hp 1000tq and HO 500-525hp and 1200 tq.

Anyone know when the reveal is supposed to be?

Great more horsepower and torque you can't use in the first 3 gears. My '15 6.7 felt faster/oe as fast and more responsive than my 2020, especially in the lower gears. Personally I think they are getting crazy with the hp/torq. How about better fuel milleage and less torque management interference.

People have dyno’d the current version at nearly 475 wheel HP so I would think a rating of 550 HP would be reasonable.

I have never said I needed more power - yet. lol

My '17 6.7 had 600hp and 1200tq and it was a handful. Can always have more power! 😬

My guess is Ford does something like 525hp and 1175tq.

I have never said I needed more power - yet. lol
lol, I was on my bike once and remember looking at my speedo reading 180+mph and thinking - There's no reason anyone should be going this fast. Then my buddy passed me and my thought immediately became - I NEED more power.

Last edited:
It will be really interesting to see what the ford numbers are. I have read several places they expect a detune of the standard 6.7 to about 370 horse and 850 lbs torque and the HO will be 475 hp and 1075 torque. I wondered why they would do that and one industry guy I was talking to said he thought it was so they could charge even more for the 6.7 HO. That said I have also read the standard would stay pretty much inline with the 22 numbers and the HO would be the best ever seen from any manufacturers ratings. so who knows. RN I wouldn't change to a 23 but that may tempt me ha ha

OK that sounds like what Ford did to the 6.0l after the 2004.5 model that detuned it to reduce headgasket failures.
Anytime you took your truck in for something, the techs would automatically reflash your pcm and screw you and your truck over with less power and worse mileage.
If you are right, it's possible that Ford will reflash any pre 23 trucks to the standard output of the 23 6.7l motors.
Without having any basis for what I am about to say...

If previous MY trucks were derated, it'd seem that the owners would have the basis for a complaint because the ruck no longer meets the specifications at the time of purchase...unless Ford were to say that we inadvertently delivered a vehicle that's delivering power well in excess of specifications and we need to detune it to the "stated specs at time of purchase" to prevent engine damage. Maybe they throw in a free oil analysis and compression check to convince you that the engine is OK and we're left with a depowered truck.

Who knows what can happen. It seems the only real solution is to never take the truck back to the dealer...but then I guess they'd just void your warranty...

Without having any basis for what I am about to say...

If previous MY trucks were derated, it'd seem that the owners would have the basis for a complaint because the ruck no longer meets the specifications at the time of purchase...unless Ford were to say that we inadvertently delivered a vehicle that's delivering power well in excess of specifications and we need to detune it to the "stated specs at time of purchase" to prevent engine damage. Maybe they throw in a free oil analysis and compression check to convince you that the engine is OK and we're left with a depowered truck.

Who knows what can happen. It seems the only real solution is to never take the truck back to the dealer...but then I guess they'd just void your warranty...

Yeah no, that wouldn't fly. The example with the 6.0l sounds to have been necessary to avoid part failure. A recall or TSB I assume. To derate previous model years because of marketing for a new model would be rediculas.

Even if they do decide to make the 2023 "standard" 6.7l hp/tq numbers lower than previous years, they still need to make the HO have more output than previous years for it to be taken seriously. A somewhat small increase to 500hp and 1100 lbft would be enough to beat the current ratings, and beat the competition.

That would be fun, but bordering on dangerous (IMO), if you think about the average driver out on the road :rolleyes:. At some point, there has to be a max for these trucks and I think we're pushing up against it when you get over 500hp.

That would be fun, but bordering on dangerous (IMO), if you think about the average driver out on the road :rolleyes:. At some point, there has to be a max for these trucks and I think we're pushing up against it when you get over 500hp.
Interesting enough a diesel shop that runs those power competitions where guys soup up a diesel and then tie them to a dyno to see who can get the most out of it tested LY's trucks from the big 3 US and the Ford measured 1250 torque

Back