2023/24 Super Duty wishes? What are yours?

BroncoHooves

Tremor Development
Founding Member
Tremor R&D 🧰
Reaction Points
Military
USAF
Since we didn't get a redesign this year, I'm wondering what other people's wants are for the next gen Super Duty.

Here are mine:

• Max recline seat option choice on Lariat and above
  • Fold flat console lid work surface
  • Built in inverter generator for 7.3 and 6.7 engines.
  • Don't make it ugly, Ford
  • Please, do not make it like the new F150, Ford
  • Ford, did you listen? Don't mess it up.

Call me old fashioned but I don't really like the 100% digital cluster in the F150. The two analog gauges in the current Super Duty look pretty timeless to me.

Last edited:
Optional hybrid system for both powertrains. Something big enough to run the A/C, lights, and refrigerator on a 5th wheel. Imagine exhaust brake plus regenerative brakes… or the combined fuel economy and power output you could get with a 6.7 + hybrid drive unit.

Also, available factory 37s (like the raptor) and lane keep assist (not just lane departure warning).

saratoga-chips-wide.jpg

Manual transmission.

Yes, I know it won't happen.
Yes, I'm happy with the 10 speed.
Yes, that's the only thing I wish my 2021 had that it doesn't.

All the other little electronic upgrades would be nice but I would not trade in just for that.

I'll second the, "Please, do not make it like the new F150, Ford", comment.

These would definitely be on my wish list:
  • Build in Generator for 7.3 and 6.7 engines.
  • Molle panel on the backseats (like the bronco)
  • Air suspension option
  • Bigger fuel tank for the 7.3l
  • Increased payload on the Tremor models
  • Avalanche Gray color option
  • Auto 4WD
  • Camera rearview mirror system

These would definitely be on my wish list:
  • Build in Generator for 7.3 and 6.7 engines.
  • Molle panel on the backseats (like the bronco)
  • Air suspension option
  • Bigger fuel tank for the 7.3l
  • Increased payload on the Tremor models
  • Avalanche Gray color option

I was going to put a larger gas tank in my list as well but then thought no way Ford will probably do this since payload continues to drop the more tech, generator, and safety features they add :(

Id like to be able to heat the whole seat or just on the back with heated seats. Also like lumbar to move from upper back to lower back with the lumbar button. Maybe that's on the Platinum already? I have a Lariat. A button for the heated steering wheel would be nice. Wireless charger in a more useful location. Option for a 2nd gear start without going into manual mode. Sometimes I feel I dont need 1st gear when the truck is empty. Or slowing down to 5 MPH and truck downshifts to 1st when 2nd would be just fine. Ill either catch 3rd gear or 1st. Very rare that it picks 2nd in not complete stop situations. More USB charging ports. If I am really being picky, improve the audio sound quality from the radio. Its fine but could be better. And give the 7.3 a better exhaust tip.

35 x 12.5 Tires

Less rake.

User friendly wiring for the upfitters. I'd pay extra if there were open wires that ran to the front, rear, and sides.

Nicer/compliant leaf springs. I now have Carli leaf springs, but before their installation, my truck only rode smooth when my trailer was hooked up or I had 1000lbs in the bed.

DON"T CHANGE THE LOOKS. IT IS THE BEST LOOKING VEHICLE EVER IMO. I have never met or seen someone who doesn't think they look good. EVEN THE RAM GUYS! (I am sure people who don't like the looks exist, there just aren't may of them).

1. NO EXTERIOR CHANGES! (maybe minor).
  2. Don't change the headlights.
  3. Don't change the grille.
  4. Don't change the bumpers.
  5. Don't change the fenders.
  6. Don't change the entire bed.
  7. How about the cab? LEAVE IT THE SAME!
  8. Don't change the hood.
  9. DON'T CHANGE THE LOOKS.
  10. TAKE NOTES FORD. DON'T RUIN THE BEST LOOKING VEHICLE EVER (IMO).
  11. Some bed power thing like the new F-150.
  12. Hybrid 3.0 PowerStroke option. BUT KEEP THE 6.7.
  13. ALL TRIMS ON ALL MODELS. Meaning a regular cab F-450 Limited.
  14. BLACK PACKAGE ON ALL TRIMS.
  15. Dual upfitter switches. Two rows of upfitter switches.
  16. Real Alcoas on duallies.
  17. BRING BACK THE EXCURSION ALREADY.
  18. MANUAL.
  19. How about just make chrome a no cost option. And the blacked out standard. It will help the sales out a lot.
  20. More tech options. A simple and fancy version. One with a like 8 of less inch SYNC 4. Then one with all of that fancy junk. I want some simplicity so that the truck actually lasts.
  21. Interior.
  22. Wheels. Most of their stock wheels are more ugly than me.
  23. ONBOARD AIR OPTION.

Now specifically for the Tremor package:
  1. ON THE F-450. Just imagine a regular cab Limited Sport Tremor, maybe even a manual.
  2. Available on a long bed and with a different cab.
  3. 37s standard and 40s optional as well as them being wider with better tire options.
  4. A 17 inch version of the standard Lariat sport wheels. Get rid of those current wheels.
  5. Tremor package on the excursion.
  6. Put it on more models (I am making a thread about this).
  7. Needs to be added to the Limited and XL.
  8. The previously mentioned onboard air should be standard.
  9. Up the payload and GVWR.
  10. More rake...

I have plenty more, I'm just too freaking lazy to write them ?. Will edit them in when I'm not feeling so lazy...

So essentially just add to the best looking vehicle ever and make some improvements.

TAKE SOME NOTES FORD

So there is my opinion. Sorry for such an aggressive post.

I think it'd be neat to see that 7.3 turbo that is being tested.show up on the lot.

I agree with keeping analog gauges.

I would love a Lariat Sport level exterior appearance package cloth seats and without all the high dollar tugjob gadgets. I need my truck to drive and look good. I don't care for it to connect to my phone, house, app, or anything else.

I wonder if there's better diesel tech on the horizon in terms of emissions. I'd love to see dpf and regen go away.

I don't care what they do, and why I ordered my truck. I want my Tremor to be the last truck I buy.

I'd like that powerboost system and the folding console table. that's about it. and maybe compound turbos with 750 hp and 1500 lbft

- Ditch the old school gear shift. Give me a dial or powered lever that's out of the way. Doesn't smash my knuckles when shifting.
- A place for phone (visible to use Waze) that doesn't require a janky 3-party phone holder.
- Less spine-jarring rear suspension without negatively affecting the payload/towing capabilities.
- Full rubber or carpet-delete option.
- Ditch the door sill lock push/pulls.
- Smaller key fob or wallet card.
- Ability to have door handle set to open driver door only but with a second action open all — like press lock button at same time? It's the only unlocking option that doesn't allow for that—that I've found.
- A place for the gas cap (diesel, anyway) to be held when filling. Even just a magnet. That tether is garbage.

Back