2022 Order

schrimpfff

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Waiting on 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7
Ordered a 2021 F250 Lariat Tremor in mid-March. 3 weeks later, I got a call from my dealer saying we would have to upgrade to a 2022 for an additional $300. On 4/14 I got the email saying my order was placed for the 2022, but have not received any updates since. Does anyone else have a '22 on the way and has received a VIN or any updates with an ETA?

Ordered a 2021 F250 Lariat Tremor in mid-March. 3 weeks later, I got a call from my dealer saying we would have to upgrade to a 2022 for an additional $300. On 4/14 I got the email saying my order was placed for the 2022, but have not received any updates since. Does anyone else have a '22 on the way and has received a VIN or any updates with an ETA?

Welcome.

There are no ETA’s for 2022’s as yet. They should begin production soon, and should then go to storage to await parts, before being completed and delivered later this year. Most estimates are in the range of 2 to 8 months from initial production to delivery under current circumstances, which may change for better or worse.

Many have received VIN numbers ahead of production.

Here’s one of several active threads that will be relevant to your interest:

Welcome.

There are no ETA’s for 2022’s as yet. They should begin production soon, and should then go to storage to await parts, before being completed and delivered later this year. Most estimates are in the range of 2 to 8 months from initial production to delivery under current circumstances, which may change for better or worse.

Our dealer told us 4 to 6 months. One can only hope!

Welcome.

This was posted on another forum, but Ford is prioritizing keeping the line moving with less shifts (but with all modules) and then shipping fully completed trucks immediately. At least for the F150. The recommendation for those people is to place a new order instead of waiting on their Ramp 59 one.

The majority of people think the Super Duty '22s will be arriving at the same time or even much sooner than the '21s that have been sitting.

This was posted on another forum, but Ford is prioritizing keeping the line moving with less shifts (but with all modules) and then shipping fully completed trucks immediately. At least for the F150. The recommendation for those people is to place a new order instead of waiting on their Ramp 59 one.

The majority of people think the Super Duty '22s will be arriving at the same time or even much sooner than the '21s that have been sitting.
Hey Bronco. Genuine question, not trolling. What do those folks say they plan to do with all those 21’s whose owners take receipt of a 22 instead? Do they anticipate demand will still be high at that point and the dealers will have no problems selling them?

Welcome.

“Your “should go to storage” is complete speculation… they haven’t even begun builds…

“Your “should go to storage” is complete speculation… they haven’t even begun builds…
Yes, that is of course speculation, echoing the most common assumption, hence “should.”

Your post, meanwhile, is complete pedantry. ?

Hey Bronco. Genuine question, not trolling. What do those folks say they plan to do with all those 21’s whose owners take receipt of a 22 instead? Do they anticipate demand will still be high at that point and the dealers will have no problems selling them?
People are saying Ford (IMO I believe so as well) will have no trouble selling the '21s as demand will still be at an all time high. Remember that the non enthusiast crowd/average people not on forums would love to have a new truck and they won't see enough difference (to them) between '21 and '22.

Also, remember that alot of people just don't order a vehicle at all and are simply lot only purchasers, or website shoppers that require it to be in inventory or at least in transit. People like real pics of vehicles though and not stock images of what's in transit posted on the dealers' sites.

Last edited:
People are saying Ford (IMO I believe so as well) will have no trouble selling the '21s as demand will still be at an all time high. Remember that the non enthusiast crowd/average people not on forums would love to have a new truck and they won't see enough difference (to them) between '21 and '22.

Also, remember that alot of people just don't order a vehicle at all and are simply lot only purchasers, or website shoppers that require it to be in inventory or at least in transit. People like real pics of vehicles though and not stock images of what's in transit posted on the dealers' sites.
Yup, makes sense. I am kind of one of those people. Ordered a ‘21 that is now built minus the chips and is waiting in storage for god knows how long until complete. I don’t care about ‘21 vs ‘22 because I think the differences are fairly nominal and I’m not worried about depreciation etc because I plan to have this truck a long time. However I do need a truck as I had previously sold mine. So I found a velocity blue in transit to PA and am going to fly out to pick it up next week and drive it home. Very very similar to my original build and gets me in a truck now.

Welcome.

They should begin production soon, and should then go to storage to await parts, before being completed and delivered later this year. Most estimates are in the range of 2 to 8 months from initial production to delivery under current circumstances, which may change for better or worse.

I want to post a reply, but I choose to not go there. Come on Soop, yer better than this.

I want to post a reply, but I choose to not go there. Come on Soop, yer better than this.

And yet here you are replying.

I believe my post accurately conveys the situation. If you have something constructive to add, I’m sure the OP would appreciate you replying to them and adding your two cents. That’s the point of a discussion forum.

You’re probably not better than being one who contributes little but petty criticism but I believe you could be.

See how @BroncoHooves engaged for an example of being a useful person.

Be better today.

Please explain. I have seen nothing that leads me to believe chip production will be back to above normal or even normal anytime soon.

Please explain. I have seen nothing that leads me to believe chip production will be back to above normal or even normal anytime soon.

Already have in my previous posts. Ford is prioritizing keeping the assembly line moving with all parts and less shifts. Look on the F150 forums; people are reordering and getting their truck in 8-12 weeks while their Ramp 59 order collects dust.

And yes, Renesas should be at 100% capacity either this week or next, since they quoted middle of June for getting the replacement equipment back online.

Which F150 forum/thread are you referencing though? I see a lot of speculation about this on various forums but nothing more definitive than what’s here. The Renesas reference (which has little to no near term bearing on parts availability) makes me think all of this discussion is just Stage 3 of the Grief Cycle.

I certainly believe this could be true, but I’d be wary of encouraging people to cancel/reorder without substantiated information.

I don't know if Ford has a different team in charge of Kentucky plant decisions.

It's going to take a bit for Renesas to build up some supply and then ship it out (hopefully air freight), and let's hope DHL doesn't lose the shipment..

Chips then go to the PCB assembly manufacturer, where they're fed into pick and place machines from reels. Finished PCBs then goes to module integrator.

Already have in my previous posts. Ford is prioritizing keeping the assembly line moving with all parts and less shifts. Look on the F150 forums; people are reordering and getting their truck in 8-12 weeks while their Ramp 59 order collects dust.

And yes, Renesas should be at 100% capacity either this week or next, since they quoted middle of June for getting the replacement equipment back online.
It appears to all be rumint at the moment. I guess we'll have to wait to earnings call next month...but given the current forecasted EPS for Q3 and Q4 I can't connect the dots...Hopefully they revise up the forecast. Problem is Ford has never been great at forecasting earnings.

Back