2022 order update

Redoggs

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Ordered a 2022 F250 Tremor star white
My dealer sent me an update, apparently they received it today from Ford, doesn’t look good for getting the 2022 Tremor anytime soon. (28-30 weeks from order date, I don’t know if that’s from the date we ordered at the dealer or from the date the build is scheduled)

My dealer sent me an update, apparently they received it today from Ford, doesn’t look good for getting the 2022 Tremor anytime soon. (28-30 weeks from order date, I don’t know if that’s from the date we ordered at the dealer or from the date the build is scheduled)
Got an attachment? 30 weeks aligns with my bullish bet. My bearish bet gets us beyond 52 weeks.

Attachments

• EF025A28-8F6F-42E5-B5C0-C45F7853C894.jpeg
    EF025A28-8F6F-42E5-B5C0-C45F7853C894.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 263
Wow. This has been 100% calculable and inevitable since March but it's still shocking to see it all but direct from the horses mouth. The shareholder guidance earlier this week didn't hit quite as hard.

Reactions: ccw
If you can find one on a lot that suits you snatch it up. I'm betting the prices are going to sky rocket.

Sounds like end of October for me but I'm preparing for Christmas.... I can wait as I have 3 vehicles but oh well.

Sounds like end of October for me but I'm preparing for Christmas.... I can wait as I have 3 vehicles but oh well.
I agree. Is it disappointing we won’t have our new 2022’s earlier, sure but it’s not the end of the world! Im just blown away by how impatient a lot of people are. People running out and paying more then they should for a 2021 truck that’s not even really what they want because they just can’t wait to order a 2022? To each their own but me personally if I’m going to spend that kinda coin on a new truck I’ll wait for my 2022 and get it exactly like I want. By the sounds of it though I’m in the minority. ?‍♂️

I agree. Is it disappointing we won’t have our new 2022’s earlier, sure but it’s not the end of the world! Im just blown away by how impatient a lot of people are. People running out and paying more then they should for a 2021 truck that’s not even really what they want because they just can’t wait to order a 2022? To each their own but me personally if I’m going to spend that kinda coin on a new truck I’ll wait for my 2022 and get it exactly like I want. By the sounds of it though I’m in the minority. ?‍♂️
I agree, would love to get it this summer but honestly not a big deal and I am fine waiting. 6 months goes by pretty quick especially with how busy summers can get.

Not everyone has 3 extra vehicles, an equivalent vehicle, etc. And many buy these trucks for work or work-like purposes, or for regular recreation like the majority of this forum, who seem to use the truck for pulling travel trailers, and therefore have life plans this summer that this truck enables them to enjoy (like trips with their kids who they only have a handful of summer’s to make memories with.)

And not everyone is so picky about their truck’s being “exactly” configured a certain way. e.g. I had a list of a few must haves and a list of nice to haves that I was indifferent to. Those nice to haves added up to a $20k difference in sticker price. I was fine not having them and saving some coin.

Add to that, these trucks are aging to begin with. We joke how they feel like they were designed in 2007 not 2017. The 2022 updates don’t materially change that. So if you order now and wait 12 months you’ll probably only be driving it a year before the 23/24 full redesign is revealed. By then those who are driving a 2021 now will have had an extra year or more of enjoyment on their faces and will be in the sweet spot for trading up and ordering a truck that’s worth waiting for if they need to have the latest and greatest (“exactly like they want”.)

Not everyone has 3 extra vehicles, an equivalent vehicle, etc. And many buy these trucks for work or work-like purposes, or for regular recreation like the majority of this forum, who seem to use the truck for pulling travel trailers, and therefore have life plans this summer that this truck enables them to enjoy (like trips with their kids who they only have a handful of summer’s to make memories with.)

And not everyone is so picky about their truck’s being “exactly” configured a certain way. e.g. I had a list of a few must haves and a list of nice to haves that I was indifferent to. Those nice to haves added up to a $20k difference in sticker price. I was fine not having them and saving some coin.

Add to that, these trucks are aging to begin with. We joke how they feel like they were designed in 2007 not 2017. The 2022 updates don’t materially change that. So if you order now and wait 12 months you’ll probably only be driving it a year before the 23/24 full redesign is revealed. By then those who are driving a 2021 now will have had an extra year or more of enjoyment on their faces and will be in the sweet spot for trading up and ordering a truck that’s worth waiting for if they need to have the latest and greatest (“exactly like they want”.)
I don’t have a extra vehicle and I ordered a 2022 what’s wrong with driving what you have until your new truck arrives? My vehicle I currently drive has been fine all these years so I think it will be ok to drive a couple more months while i wait. Now I do understand that accidents happen and people lose vehicles and need something right now. In them cases I understand the urgency. I really could care less if people don’t want to wait and instead choose to search for there new truck. I was just stating my observation that many people seem impatient and don’t like to wait.

Also I agree the full redesign is coming soon however there is no guarantee it will be in 23/24 and when it does come there is also no guarantees that the redesign will be for the better. All personal preference but I do not care for the F150 redesign other then the interior. I would have been disappointed had I waited for that. And as far trading in a old body style for a new body style the year it is released, I would say that is far from being in the “Sweet spot” The sweet spot to sell your used vehicle is right now if you are able to.

My point is that people have different perspectives, different priorities, different needs, and different situations. That doesn’t necessarily make them impatient or foolish or whatever other negative connotation you may associate with their choices.

So far as sweet spot for trade-in, what I meant is that the majority of vehicles are traded in around the third year of ownership. And for people, like you, who prioritize having “exactly what they want” 2021 is an opportune model year given that 2023/2024 *might* prove to be a desirable vehicle to trade up to. (Or may not, in which case having enjoyed what’s currently desirable for longer is a win/win.)

My point is that people have different perspectives, different priorities, different needs, and different situations. That doesn’t necessarily make them impatient or foolish or whatever other negative connotation you may associate with their choices.

So far as sweet spot for trade-in, what I meant is that the majority of vehicles are traded in around the third year of ownership. And for people, like you, who prioritize having “exactly what they want” 2021 is an opportune model year given that 2023/2024 *might* prove to be a desirable vehicle to trade up to. (Or may not, in which case having enjoyed what’s currently desirable for longer is a win/win.)
? never called anyone foolish but ?
man you really have something to say about EVERYTHING don’t you! ? Maybe get off the internet a little more and go get out and enjoy that great state of California in your Tremor.

Me personally, I don't mind waiting. It's not like you have much of a choice if you want a 2022 model. This was inevitable. RV dealers are no longer honoring price protection. It is across the board with demand, low supply, low parts.
If you ordered '22 in April, it looks like October/November delivery

? never called anyone foolish but ?
man you really have something to say about EVERYTHING don’t you! ? Maybe get off the internet a little more and go get out and enjoy that great state of California in your Tremor.
Can I get your address so I can Amazon you a mirror, bud? ?

But I wonder is it 30 weeks from ordered confirmed OR from when it's actually scheduled for production? I am assuming its 30 weeks from when order is confirmed, makes a little more sense.

Bwahaha! I’m am in the “who cares” boat. I’m good for when it comes in. I have other vehicles. However, I feel horrible for folks who count on these vehicles for their work. I’m feeling for them. 28 weeks puts me at the first week of November!!! This means less 2022s made that any other year. That (in 50 years) will matter. Lol ?

But I wonder is it 30 weeks from ordered confirmed OR from when it's actually scheduled for production? I am assuming its 30 weeks from when order is confirmed, makes a little more sense.
30 weeks from order confirmation is a sensible estimate.

Seems 30 from scheduled would make more sense. Since production or scheduling hasn’t started, delivery from order confirmation is going to be all over the map past 30 weeks.

Back