2022 Order Drama

HubbardTramper

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Tundra + Flatbed Camper
Current Ride #2
Ordered 2022 AMB 7.3L Tremor 3/16
I'd been working with a dealership for several weeks to place an order for a new Tremor. The morning of 3/16, one day after the 2022 order banks opened, I placed an order for my 2022 Tremor - and was incredibly excited. Throughout the process w dealer I highlighted the need to get my new truck before August due to having a fixed time to have my new camper installed and my arrangements to sell current rig. The dealer assured me many times over phone and email that they had allocation and I would get my new truck before August.

After seeing several posts of Ford order confirmations and official sales orders with priority codes assigned I asked the dealer why I didn't get anything from Ford and why my priority code still showed "80 - stock order". They assured me it was assigned the highest priority and was entirely fine. What did I know, I've never ordered a vehicle direct before.

Today, 18 days after my order, I called the sales rep asking for an updated Sales Order with priority code. He told me that due to the microchip shortage Ford would not begin production of 2022 super duties until Q3 or Q4... Popped on the forum and didn't see any mention of that. I called back and spoke with the sales manger. The guy said they're having to refund all deposits for super duties due to microchip shortage - or I could keep my order placed but wouldn't get truck until Q4.. I feel like this is completely bogus and they might have been lying about having allocation.

Now I'm pissed because I probably won't get a new truck by my August deadline and will either have to scramble to place a new order or just buy something off the lot.

That sucks and I am sorry. I just got mine a few weeks ago, and would have been depressed if my order got kicked out a long time.

I wonder how this is going to affect the resale market for lightly used Super Duties...maybe with 1000 miles or less and with the temporary plates sill on them. It'd be interesting to see how much people would have to make in terms of "profit" to sell their truck. I can honestly say I am not sure how much it would take for me to let go of mine, even if dealer locked in pricing right now for an order some time later this year.

Anyway, sorry again for your pain...

I'd been working with a dealership for several weeks to place an order for a new Tremor. The morning of 3/16, one day after the 2022 order banks opened, I placed an order for my 2022 Tremor - and was incredibly excited. Throughout the process w dealer I highlighted the need to get my new truck before August due to having a fixed time to have my new camper installed and my arrangements to sell current rig. The dealer assured me many times over phone and email that they had allocation and I would get my new truck before August.

After seeing several posts of Ford order confirmations and official sales orders with priority codes assigned I asked the dealer why I didn't get anything from Ford and why my priority code still showed "80 - stock order". They assured me it was assigned the highest priority and was entirely fine. What did I know, I've never ordered a vehicle direct before.

Today, 18 days after my order, I called the sales rep asking for an updated Sales Order with priority code. He told me that due to the microchip shortage Ford would not begin production of 2022 super duties until Q3 or Q4... Popped on the forum and didn't see any mention of that. I called back and spoke with the sales manger. The guy said they're having to refund all deposits for super duties due to microchip shortage - or I could keep my order placed but wouldn't get truck until Q4.. I feel like this is completely bogus and they might have been lying about having allocation.

Now I'm pissed because I probably won't get a new truck by my August deadline and will either have to scramble to place a new order or just buy something off the lot.
Do yourself a huge favor and have a look at Blue Oval Forum super duty section. There are actual Ford employees actively involved in production and know what they are talking about. If you order 3/16 you should get a scheduled build date and vin in mid to late July and possibly receive your truck in September-October. If your dealer said otherwise they would be like most dealers, clueless and or full of you know what. No way under perfect conditions were you getting a 22MY by August 1st. Furthermore, Ford is eliminating overtime shifts and closing some plants for up to two weeks. It is likely the chip shortage will improve. All of this said, find a dealer that wants your money and make sure they give you a confirmation with priority 10-19 and include your name and email. Best of luck

That does make me feel a bit better knowing there's some truth to it. I spoke with the owner of the dealership this afternoon and he admitted they didn't have the allocation they thought they did - not sure if it's really based on the shortages or not.
That sucks and I am sorry. I just got mine a few weeks ago, and would have been depressed if my order got kicked out a long time.

I wonder how this is going to affect the resale market for lightly used Super Duties...maybe with 1000 miles or less and with the temporary plates sill on them. It'd be interesting to see how much people would have to make in terms of "profit" to sell their truck. I can honestly say I am not sure how much it would take for me to let go of mine, even if dealer locked in pricing right now for an order some time later this year.

Anyway, sorry again for your pain...
Thanks man, I appreciate it. Hope you're enjoying the crap out of your new beast!! Even more so knowing how in demand these trucks are right now.

I've been working with the same salesman for the past 16 years. He's the most honest salesman I've ever known. When he called today to discuss my truck delivery today he said they were worried that my order on Jan 20 may get cancelled. He said they had two other customer orders since the first of the year, both Platinum Super Duties that the Factory canceled after having accepted the orders. He was as relieved as I was when the truck arrived. Also he said that Ford has notified each dealership that orders would be scaled way back and that production slots for super duties were to be reserved primarily for fleet orders. He said those trucks require way fewer electronic components that require semi-conductors and the goal was to manufacture the most units possible with the available components. He said all existing Mach-E orders in the system are indefinitely on hold. He said at least one new vehicle design scheduled to go into production this fall has now been pushed out for a MY23 release. Based on his comments I'll be very surprised if high end MY22 Super Duties go into production before August. That's a real bummer for those that chose to hold out for the 22 updates.

The chip problem is going to cost the dealerships a lot of money. They won't have product to sell and service.

I hate when dealerships take orders with deposit and not allocations. They should make you sign a waiver understanding that they can't get your vehicle unless they make a certain sales volume and you are aware it could take many months to get the order into the system.

At this point in the game the inventory is picked over and not much.

I cancelled a 2022 order and picked up a 2021 off a lot as soon as the plants closed a few weeks ago. I needed a new truck this year, and I’ll be surprised to see many if any 2022’s delivered before Q1-22.

If you’re in a hurry I’d strongly consider hunting down one of the few ‘21 Tremor’s that remain before they’re gone or selling well above MSRP.

I cancelled a 2022 order and picked up a 2021 off a lot as soon as the plants closed a few weeks ago. I needed a new truck this year, and I’ll be surprised to see many if any 2022’s delivered before Q1-22.

If you’re in a hurry I’d strongly consider hunting down one of the few ‘21 Tremor’s that remain before they’re gone or selling well above MSRP.

10 6.7 F350's here. Black or white, loaded Lariats, everything but heated steering wheel.

It's estimated that Ford and GM both will lose over 2 billion over the chip shortage problem.

10 6.7 F350's here. Black or white, loaded Lariats, everything but heated steering wheel.

They have one in Rapid Red and the rest are black and white. With a further reduction on the supply side I can’t imagine they will have any of these in a month or so.
This gives me an idea for a poll question...

Last edited:
They have one in Rapid Red and the rest are black and white. With a further reduction on the supply side I can’t imagine they will have any of these in a month or so.

The Rapid Red Tremor is a fully loaded Lariat Ultimate, Lariat Black, Power Running Boards, and Moon Roof. It is a very nice build with an MSRP of $82K!

I just payed 1000 over sticker

Not the best time to order a truck. If you do not absolutely need a new truck I would hold onto your vehicle until this chip shortage is resolved. What Ford and these other car manufactures are doing, can not be good for consistent quality. So you are taking a big gamble.

Ordered a 2022 yesterday here in Canada, I'm in no rush and hope FORD gets through the bag log of 2021. Nothing on the lots here.
One dealer said come back in a month then we'll put in your order, guess they didn't want my money. Called another dealer not far away and they had my deposit, credit paperwork & order done in 25-30minutes and gave me a great deal! Glad I called, at least I'm in the lineup to get a truck even if it's not till the fall.

Do yourself a huge favor and have a look at Blue Oval Forum super duty section. There are actual Ford employees actively involved in production and know what they are talking about. If you order 3/16 you should get a scheduled build date and vin in mid to late July and possibly receive your truck in September-October. If your dealer said otherwise they would be like most dealers, clueless and or full of you know what. No way under perfect conditions were you getting a 22MY by August 1st. Furthermore, Ford is eliminating overtime shifts and closing some plants for up to two weeks. It is likely the chip shortage will improve. All of this said, find a dealer that wants your money and make sure they give you a confirmation with priority 10-19 and include your name and email. Best of luck
Blacked out 6.7 Lariat in Arundel,Maine

I ordered mine over the July 4th weekend. No real idea on build time yet. Dealer said 12-14 weeks hoping its sooner then that like everyone else. Hopefully I will at least get an order number or VIN number soon.

Not to hijack the thread but has anyone who has not ordered a 22MY yet who might wait until 23MY to see the potential redesign given any thought to the possibility of Ford delaying a redesign due to the chip shortage?

When I was at my dealer last week I brought this concern up--mainly due to the fact that I want to order a 22MY instead of a 23MY because I'm afraid they will ruin the truck with the redesign. He told me not to worry and wait as long as I can due to the fact that he currently is handling 2 custom SD orders for 21MY trucks that won't be delivered until at least January 22.

Back