HOT! 2022 Ford Super Duty Tremor Changes - 12" Screen!

agent_oorange

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Damn I knew I should have waited to 2022 instead of getting a 2020 lol

Changes to the 2022 Super Duty include:
12-inch center touchscreen with SYNC 4 that's lifted from the redesigned F-150. The new infotainment system can display multiple functions at once and features wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The new 12-inch unit is standard on the Lariat and higher trim levels. The XLT continues with an 8-inch touchscreen while the base XL has a 4.2 display, both of which run SYNC 3.

2022 Ford Super Duty exterior changes:
A new Lariat Sport Appearance Package brings a body-color grille, body-color bumpers, and body-color side mirrors, along with chrome exhaust tips and black running boards. The Black Appearance Package — with 20-inch black-painted wheels, black badging, black running boards, body-color bumpers and body-color grille bars — expands its availability to the XLT trim level. Finally, there are new color choices: Atlas Blue for the exterior, Baja for the Lariat interior, while the Limited's new interior colors are Navy Pier and Light Slate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn I knew I should have waited to 2022 instead of getting a 2020 lol

To be honest. Even though it’s got to sync 4 the stock systems do not sound well at all. I’d rather spend the extra money that this would cost to get the new alpine halo or something else installed that’ll sound better with a hi-Rez screen.

To be honest. Even though it’s got to sync 4 the stock systems do not sound well at all. I’d rather spend the extra money that this would cost to get the new alpine halo or something else installed that’ll sound better with a hi-Rez screen.
Agreed, the sound is crap in all of them, but IMO this looks way nicer, still need to upgrade paper coned speakers for sure - I need to get around to that at some point lol.

Other than some outside appearance changes (Lariat only?) and 12" screen with Sync 4, there's hardly anything different if you judge it from that video only. Until the order guide is released we won't know for sure, but if that's all, I'll keep my MY21 order and possibly trade for a second year model of the redesign in a 2-3 years.

Should be interesting. Black package extended to XLT now? Guess we'll have to sit tight for details. Not really feeling the color match grille, noticed they said that was a Lariat sport, I noticed they went back to the old style (XLT and chrome package) fog lights...

Saw CoPilot360 in the notes... that comes with Sync 4, and includes drowsy/inattentive driver facing camera... which Ford shares this data with insurance companies... I'm fine with the level of "automation" in my ordered 2021, I think we're getting to Big Brother levels of data mining in vehicles these days

Last edited:
which Ford shares this data with insurance companies... I'm fine with the level of "automation" in my ordered 2021, I think we're getting to Big Brother levels of data mining in vehicles these days
You have to turn that on if you want it. I like a good conspiracy theory but as long as they are providing you a way to opt in/out if you want I'll be fine with it for those that don't care.

PXL_20200929_203011253.jpg

Some more info.

Looks like there is no digital gauge cluster for 2022s. Happy to keep my 2021 since I couldn't stand waiting another 4 months anyways. 6 weeks so far has been hard as hell.

Love it. I HOPE they don't drop velocity blue for MY22 as that would really suck. I read the car and driver bulletin and it seems to explain the changes a bit better. Assuming C&D is accurate, the black appearance package will remain and the sport appearance package will be offered as another option. They will also offer the black appearance package on the XLT trim now, which is very nice for those who don't like the chrome look.

I really hope we can retrofit the new dash and screen in our trucks
They are still offering Sync 3 with the 4.2" and 8" screens according to the video, so probably not impossible, programming remains to be seen of course. We'll see what they look like when someone takes a 2022 apart but I'd consider attempting it.

The 12" screen is awesome. I love the interior enhancement. If I was in market for a new ford diesel super duty right now, I'd wait 3/15/21 and just order the 22 model.
My 21 is scheduled to arrive April 10th. Is it worth canceling on the 21 and order the '22? IMO No, I don't think so. I'd be extending my wait time at the earliest early July. The build date for the 22's starts June 1st!! Everything is the same other than the screen...I mean, towing capacity, drivetrain, engines, all the same. The '22 will be more expensive. But maybe there will be good rebates on '21's next month.

Last edited:
That 12" screen looks pretty decent. The layout of the rearranged buttons is good too. I'm glad they kept all the important buttons and nobs on there, since I prefer actual buttons over touching the screen. Practically speaking, the new screen is over twice the size, so you get over twice the map to see on the screen if you're into the whole navigation thing. Otherwise, it's pretty much the same except everything looks bigger. Great for all the blind people who probably shouldn't be driving anyway. There is Carplay and Android Auto, but I find them to be worse than Sync 3... No really. I do. I have a head unit with Android Auto, and I can't stand using it. I ended up just using bluetooth audio full time. I turn it on only if I absolutely need navi.

I really want to hate the new infotainment screen because mine *only* has an 8" screen, but I have to say it's pretty well done. That being said, it's the only notable difference between the 22 and the 21, which is one more than the 21 over the 20.

The 12" screen is awesome. I love the interior enhancement. If I was in market for a new ford diesel super duty right now, I'd wait 3/15/21 and just order the 22 model.
My 21 is scheduled to arrive April 10th. Is it worth canceling on the 21 and order the '22? IMO No, I don't think so. I'd be extending my wait time at the earliest early July. The build date for the 22's starts June 1st!! Everything is the same other than the screen...I mean, towing capacity, drivetrain, engines, all the same. The '22 will be more expensive. But maybe there will be good rebates on '21's next month.
I agree. Not worth changing right now over the head unit. Then if you do you, you’ll regret not waiting for the full model change in ‘23. I’ll keep what I have coming now. Then give the new model change a year to iron out issues. By that time it should be three years and time for a new truck

Anyone have any intel on whether they're dropping velocity blue for 2022? I doubt they'll be keeping three blue color options and antimatter was just introduced. This atlas blue is nice but it's no velocity blue.

Back