2022 f250 tremor trailer backup assist question.

What is throwing me off is is that I see all these F150 videos using this sensor on their TT which as the plug on the bumper, not sure why this setup wont work for the F250?

"I’ve always had problems with the truck not seeing the sticker."

The truck and trailer have to be pretty straight when you select
Pro Trailer Backup.

Unfortunately when you turn 30+ degrees, the system shuts down.... not good when making a 90 degree turn and then try to straighen up going backward.

Yea the design principle seems to be for backing up into spaces once you pull up near them.

"Unfortunately when you turn 30+ degrees, the system shuts down.... not good when making a 90 degree turn and then try to straighen up going backward."

Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. If you make a sharp turn and then have to go forward for another go I find that if you get close to straight it will usually stay engaged. If it doesn't I'm usually at the point where only minor corrections are needed so it doesn't matter.

As others have stated, the 2022 comes with the stickers still. I set mine up last week and it’s terrible. Looses sight of the sticker without really making that tight of a turn. I also found using the knob to be super awkward and clumsy. Only good part is getting the extra cameras, the rest is useless in my opinion, I’ll continue to backup trailers the way my dad taught me when I was 7

As others have stated, the 2022 comes with the stickers still. I set mine up last week and it’s terrible. Looses sight of the sticker without really making that tight of a turn. I also found using the knob to be super awkward and clumsy. Only good part is getting the extra cameras, the rest is useless in my opinion, I’ll continue to backup trailers the way my dad taught me when I was 7
Same here i got the package so i could get the 360 cameras and the rear trailer camera. Dont ever plan on using the knob

So quick update on this: getting around to looking through all the stuff that came with my truck, and it has the new sensor box rather than the stickers! No idea if this is tied to Sync 4 specifically or not, but here’s a picture of all the part numbers I got.

7ED5BDEC-96E8-4971-B0AF-69AF735A7E8B.jpeg

So quick update on this: getting around to looking through all the stuff that came with my truck, and it has the new sensor box rather than the stickers! No idea if this is tied to Sync 4 specifically or not, but here’s a picture of all the part numbers I got.

View attachment 34968
Did you order yours with the 5th wheel prep package? if no then how did you manage to get this?! also does your truck have the plug for it at the receiver hitch?

Did you order yours with the 5th wheel prep package? if no then how did you manage to get this?! also does your truck have the plug for it at the receiver hitch?
I do have the 5th wheel prep package, but I thought it would have come with the Ultimate Trailer Tow package - the one that gives you the extra knob on the dash for steering while backing up a trailer. I can’t say definitively, though.

I don’t know whether I have the plug for it at the receiver hitch. It’s raining outside right now so I’ll try to remember to check tomorrow. Here’s a picture of what I have around the license plate, though, in case that helps:

D4239E1B-6A02-4BAD-AF17-2334D33A35C1.jpeg

I do have the 5th wheel prep package, but I thought it would have come with the Ultimate Trailer Tow package - the one that gives you the extra knob on the dash for steering while backing up a trailer. I can’t say definitively, though.

I don’t know whether I have the plug for it at the receiver hitch. It’s raining outside right now so I’ll try to remember to check tomorrow. Here’s a picture of what I have around the license plate, though, in case that helps:

View attachment 34969
Ah ok, you got it with the 5th wheel prep I believe. If you read the owners manual it shows setting up fifth wheel hitches with that new setup and conventional hitches with the sticker. I also got the ultimate trailer tow package and didn't get the sensor that's why I was wondering. If you look at your plug in the bed it should have an extra plug for that sensor. Won't look like the normal plugs like you have in the picture there.

My 2022 came with stickers. I have not looked at setting it up yet, but when I had all the booklets and owners manual at the dealership, the stickers fell out.

Ah ok, you got it with the 5th wheel prep I believe. If you read the owners manual it shows setting up fifth wheel hitches with that new setup and conventional hitches with the sticker. I also got the ultimate trailer tow package and didn't get the sensor that's why I was wondering. If you look at your plug in the bed it should have an extra plug for that sensor. Won't look like the normal plugs like you have in the picture there.
Oh interesting that it’s different for 5th wheels/goosenecks and conventional! But that does make sense, especially with the owners manual.

. Here’s a video of a gentleman using the sensor with his 5th wheel trailer. Does anyone know if you can use the sensor with a conventional trailer instead of using the sticker?

You mean some of you have managed to get this to work? Where I often back up it involves 90 degree turns and the system never worked for me. Much quicker to just do it the old school way.

Back