2021 Tremor with 525 miles and check engine light.....[Solved]

DO NOT contact an attorney to start the lemon law process. Once you do that negotiations are over and it can take several months to resolve. They would much rather take the truck back under the good will program to avoid your truck being branded a lemon on the title.

I have had 3 buy backs and the one that went the smoothest was the one I didnt involve an attorney. My Jeep was at the dealer 4 times for the same issue (leak) and I called Chrysler told them I was considering filing a lemon law complaint. They agreed to replace my Jeep with a brand new one and gave me exactly what I paid with no useage deduction.

I agree on not contacting the lawyer yet. The buyback is an experience that can try your patience, especially after shelling out your hard earned cash for a truck and it's in the shop longer than you have driven it. Once the lawyer is involved, all of the deals are off the table. You do have to be your own advocate and not take any s*&t, but I ended up with a very satisfactory result with no lawyer. If you want another Tremor get your order in asap. Other than the time it took to build my new truck, the only thing I lost my cool over was when they tried to tell me that I owed them $400 more to get the new truck, as the price had gone up since my original purchase. I let them know exactly what I thought about that and they saw it my way. I ordered the new truck about March 2020 and took delivery on August 2020 which was pretty good considering it was the height of the shutdowns. They put a expedited priority on it once the buyback was approved. I placed the new order prior to the buyback being authorized by Ford. They do answer the phone and emails, not as much and fast as you'd like, but I really can't complain about the service I received. The dealership kept me with loaners until the new truck was ready. They kept telling me to bring the loaner back and swap it before I got too many miles on it. I wouldn't wish a buyback on anyone, but Ford did live up to there obligations.

View attachment 34444
Those are the slew of errors I got on Fordpass.

@Modman the dealer started to drop the trans today apparently. I have zero confidence in them at this point. Tomorrow is day 30 and my Lemon Law Lawyer told me to call them back on day 30 of being out of service.....so at least I can get that going and get a buyback...
Sorry dude wish it was different for ya

Update....

I got a notification from Ford pass this morning about the new PCM needing to relearn sensors and what not. Then I checked 5 minutes later and all errors are clear, miles to empty is dropping and they are driving it around! Hopefully this is fixed....I am still going to go through with the buy back though as it does not give me any confidence in the reliability of the vehicle. Especially after the invasive repairs they attempted on a brand new vehicle.

My application for the buyback was going through its 2nd approval so I should hear something next week.

I picked the truck up today finally. The culprit was the crankshaft trigger ring (LC3Z 12A227 A). I will now wait to see what happens with the buyback. Thanks for all that have commented or have shown support, I appreciate it greatly!

Great news! I wonder what the failure was, maybe a bent/broken tooth?

Got it - so more of a crank pos sensor mounting issue. Makes sense. Thanks for the follow-up and good luck with the buyback process!

Last edited:
It is in process now...It got approved in a week but the QA department is dragging their feet with the buyback figure. They gave me the go ahead to get my new truck on order though.
least you can get a 22 with the updated screen now. Are you making any changes to the new one vs what you had on the old one?

least you can get a 22 with the updated screen now. Are you making any changes to the new one vs what you had on the old one?
Yeah I am pretty happy about that :) I am going to keep everything the same but just add the carpet delete option. We get a lot of snow where I am at and carpet gets funky after a few winters so the carpet just doesn't make sense to me....plus I am going to cover them up with Vinyl mats anyway....probably Husky.

Potentially add me to this list- 11.5k miles and failed cold startup for the wife earlier today. Started up for me 2 hours later just fine, but with codes. Will see what the dealer says.

>The engine control system is detecting erratic signals from the engine timing sensors.
>The powetrain control module has received an erratic signal from the crankshaft sensor and may not allow for proper engine starting or idle operation.
>Engine system has detected a fault

Back