2021 tremor uneven wheel offset

mine is the same on both trucks rear is shorter then the front .... but the jeeps and edge aren't

You are 100% correct. It is all apart of the suspension geometry. A wider front track will enable a tighter turning radius as well as other beneficial characteristics.
What doesn’t make sense is every other truck on our lot is the same or within 1/4 inch difference width between front and rear. I just looked at 2 of our used 17 and 19’s and a bunch of new 2021 srw f350’s and they are all even. But my tremor you can visually see the difference so bad it looks like some crackhead built it.

Mine is the same with slight rear inset. Did a quick rough track width measurement and front track width is slightly wider than the rear. I have not noticed just looking at the truck but came from older GM products which have a very pronounced wider front track width look vs rear. As Bignsty said it’s not uncommon and intentional to have a slightly wider front track width to achieve desired handling characteristics. I definitely would not try to even out the rear width for cosmetics since it will most likely adversely effect handling.
Here’s what my rear looks like. Is this consider as normal?

Attachments

• 86E0C4BB-13CB-4700-987A-42606752E29A.jpeg
    86E0C4BB-13CB-4700-987A-42606752E29A.jpeg
    296.4 KB · Views: 60
  • D92F5235-6358-4695-ADE0-9780115B4EF1.jpeg
    D92F5235-6358-4695-ADE0-9780115B4EF1.jpeg
    323.5 KB · Views: 60
Here’s what my rear looks like. Is this consider as normal?
That does look different than what I am referring to. Mine looks centered when looking at the back like you photos. What I was referring to is the front width measured outside of tire tread to outside tire tread was wider than the rear outside of tire tread to outside tire tread no reference to the body or frame

it seems like all of the 3/4 and 1 ton trucks are bad about tucking the wheels in too far. Ford, Chev and Dodge all look like railroad trucks from the factory

it seems like all of the 3/4 and 1 ton trucks are bad about tucking the wheels in too far. Ford, Chev and Dodge all look like railroad trucks from the factory
While tucked is cosmetically not the most appealing for practically reasons I prefer the tucked stance. Really cuts down on mud on side windows and even windshield vs a stance at the fender.

While tucked is cosmetically not the most appealing for practically reasons I prefer the tucked stance. Really cuts down on mud on side windows and even windshield vs a stance at the fender.

I dont spend a lot of time in the mud. I love playing in the mud, but my hate for cleaning an undercarriage is greater than my love for muddin ha

I dont spend a lot of time in the mud. I love playing in the mud, but my hate for cleaning an undercarriage is greater than my love for muddin ha
Unfortunately if running gravel roads it is unavoidable during rain and snow melt. Not what I would call mud bogging but being tucked definitely helps with any mud. Function over form wins in my situation, also keeps rock chips down on the sides.

Luckily if you are not fond of the stock stance it is relatively easy to change. If it was wider from the factory there would be a different group complaining that there is not enough fender/wheel coverage stock. I do know in certain areas if wheels stick out beyond the fender you will get fined so makes a case of the manufacturers to ensure the tires don’t stick out.

Unfortunately if running gravel roads it is unavoidable during rain and snow melt. Not what I would call mud bogging but being tucked definitely helps with any mud. Function over form wins in my situation, also keeps rock chips down on the sides.

Luckily if you are not fond of the stock stance it is relatively easy to change. If it was wider from the factory there would be a different group complaining that there is not enough fender/wheel coverage stock. I do know in certain areas if wheels stick out beyond the fender you will get fined so makes a case of the manufacturers to ensure the tires don’t stick out.
Absolutely! Thats the beauty of it, we can all make it like we want!

What doesn’t make sense is every other truck on our lot is the same or within 1/4 inch difference width between front and rear. I just looked at 2 of our used 17 and 19’s and a bunch of new 2021 srw f350’s and they are all even. But my tremor you can visually see the difference so bad it looks like some crackhead built it.

The Super Duty Tremor has a unique front axle that houses a limited slip diff that no other Super Duties have. Why do you think it should be the exact same as other non-Tremors?

I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that you work at a dealership and have no idea of what you sell or even bought. You have access to all the factory training documents to educate yourself. Maybe you can print them off and find a literate crackhead to read them and provide you a summary.

My thoughts exactly. Plus I get on some sketchy roads where it is inches to the edge of a fatal drop off. And even if you have enough room you don't know if the edge will give way so every inch counts in my book.

The Super Duty Tremor has a unique front axle that houses a limited slip diff that no other Super Duties have. Why do you think it should be the exact same as other non-Tremors?

I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that you work at a dealership and have no idea of what you sell or even bought. You have access to all the factory training documents to educate yourself. Maybe you can print them off and find a literate crackhead to read them and provide you a summary.
Damn straight....

MB

You can knock me over with a feather if it turns out Ford developed and now produces an entirely different front diff housing just to include a run of the mill clutch style limited slip diff. That'd actually be hilarious if it were true, from a production/ROI perspective.

I mean I like the Tremor to state the obvious, but its a parts bin special. A truck with a modest package of stuff that includes most of the common content folks otherwise add in the aftermarket post-purchase, but with a factory warranty.

You can knock me over with a feather if it turns out Ford developed and now produces an entirely different front diff housing just to include a run of the mill clutch style limited slip diff. That'd actually be hilarious if it were true, from a production/ROI perspective.

I mean I like the Tremor to state the obvious, but its a parts bin special. A truck with a modest package of stuff that includes most of the common content folks otherwise add in the aftermarket post-purchase, but with a factory warranty.

Agreed 100% that the Tremor isn’t special. It’s a few hardware bits, a traction control profile, and a couple of crooked stickers. BFD.

I didn’t state that it is a different housing, merely that it is, in fact, unique. The main point is that if anyone has the resources to be a subject matter expert and definitively put the matter to rest, it would be someone who has access to technical documents, field service engineers, and service escalation.

The fact is not one other truck tremor or otherwise on our lot has this much of a difference, and not one tech has seen that either, and yes I’ve looked at build specs and order guides to find out the question before I asked it. It’s nice to know you’re so intelligent and have all life’s answers figured out lmfao.

This is the rear of another stock tremor that came in for service today and we measure it against mine and his are squared off exactly front and rear. Have any brillian explanation for that? Or should I look at some more factory training documents to see why 1 out of 100 trucks has this?

Attachments

• 101FA287-5DEE-4D85-81F3-51FC4CBB3852.jpeg
    101FA287-5DEE-4D85-81F3-51FC4CBB3852.jpeg
    341 KB · Views: 71

I get that 100%. But what doesn’t make sense is the difference between front and rear, and my tremor and every other tremor I’ve seen and compared to over the last 2 weeks or so now. It’s never been brought up at our dealership before, and I figured it’s just a one of or rare flaw somewhere along the line, so I figured I’d see who else has this. Tucked inside the fenders an inch or so makes sense. Flush in front and 2” inside on the rear something is off.

I get that 100%. But what doesn’t make sense is the difference between front and rear, and my tremor and every other tremor I’ve seen and compared to over the last 2 weeks or so now. It’s never been brought up at our dealership before, and I figured it’s just a one of or rare flaw somewhere along the line, so I figured I’d see who else has this. Tucked inside the fenders an inch or so makes sense. Flush in front and 2” inside on the rear something is off.
Looking back at the responses I think quite a few of us have the same thing as you with rear wheels inset some vs the front. Think it’s more than a one-off error. Could be a supply thing with Dana that was deemed to be in spec and went out on a fair number of tucks but not all of them. Would be nice to ask a Ford engineer to see why some are different than others.

Not sure if it helps much but my rear axle is off 1/2 inch on the passenger side , there was a tremor that we lifted at my job and the rear axle sat 1" off on the passenger side as well . Sure enough the customer came back blaming the wheels but that wheel was only offered in one offset . My service manager said that when these trucks are out together it can be the weld placements which makes alot of sense . Who knows ? ......

The fact is not one other truck tremor or otherwise on our lot has this much of a difference, and not one tech has seen that either, and yes I’ve looked at build specs and order guides to find out the question before I asked it. It’s nice to know you’re so intelligent and have all life’s answers figured out lmfao.
So why are you accepting such a defective truck if you have others to compare it to? You as the buyer have final say to accept the deal or not and here you are complaining as a FORD employee about how messed up it looks compared to other trucks... Take that as your first flag. Walk away, send it back, get another! Almost sounds like somebody really screwed up and put a Ranger axle on the truck!

Last edited:
Back