Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Military
ex army, PPCLI
Current Ride
2021 tremor f350 platinum 6.7
Current Ride #2
2019 jeep wrangler, 2017 Z06 2016 challanger Hellcat
Hey guys, new to this forum, thought I'd start by saying hi. I just bought a 21 tremor from the dealership I work at, it was our first and only tremor so far, so I have non other to compare it to,
My rear wheels sit 2" inside the edge of the fender where as the fronts sit flush with the fender. Is that normal? My 17 and 19 f350's never had this, and no other truck on our lot has that look either.
It looks stupid IMO, and am wondering if they screwed up with the offset of the wheels on the rear or if this is common?

I'd have the dealer check to make sure your rims are the correct width and offset.

I'd have the dealer check to make sure your rims are the correct width and offset.
Im talking to service now, had 2 guys go look at it, and nobody understands whats going on. They said wheels are correct offset, and size, so I guess well see what they say after they dig deeper into it.

Im talking to service now, had 2 guys go look at it, and nobody understands whats going on. They said wheels are correct offset, and size, so I guess well see what they say after they dig deeper into it.
my f150 is like that where the front wheels are sitting a little farther out then the rears... figures this is how the trucks are design never looked into but going to look at the tremor now

All ford trucks are like this. The axles aren't centered properly. Both my tremor and raptor have the rear axle slightly poking more on the passenger side.

All ford trucks are like this. The axles aren't centered properly. Both my tremor and raptor have the rear axle slightly poking more on the passenger side.
mine are 2" inside rear fender on both sides, and fronts are flush on both sides. confirmed with a level and measuring tape. Looks stupid to me.

mine are 2" inside rear fender on both sides, and fronts are flush on both sides. confirmed with a level and measuring tape. Looks stupid to me.
That’s exactly how mine is. Everything is even and symmetrical, but the rears are definitely in more than the fronts. ??‍♂️

A trucks axle widths are part of a much larger equation of the vehicle's steering geometry and desired handling characteristics. Generally they have narrower rear axles than front in part to balance the manufacturers desire for a small turning radius and keep the tires slip angles in an acceptable range. Check out Ackermann steering, it is challenging to engineer a steering system that acts ideally in all real world situations so it ends up being a compromise/balancing act.

That will be the first thing that I look at when I go to pick up mine.
Not even? Not taking it. Period. In fact I will email my guy to have someone competent there check it before I come in and cause a scene.

A trucks axle widths are part of a much larger equation of the vehicle's steering geometry and desired handling characteristics. Generally they have narrower rear axles than front in part to balance the manufacturers desire for a small turning radius and keep the tires slip angles in an acceptable range. Check out Ackermann steering, it is challenging to engineer a steering system that acts ideally in all real world situations so it ends up being a compromise/balancing act.
that makes sence, but at the same time, we have 15 other non tremor superdutys here and not one of them has this. Every other truck is flush front and rear on all 4 corners, so why make this change just on the tremor?

My truck is like this as well, my un-scientific reasoning is stemming from my research of how the trucks are assembled at the plant (YouTube videos).

The frame and entire drivetrain is built separate from the body then the two are paired down the line. My guess would be our trucks are within spec and we may just be seeing a stacking of tolerances from dept. to dept. along the assembly line. Just a WAG, but my truck drives straight as an arrow, no plans on changing a thing. Each time I notice it I just drink a beer and go on my Merry way.

Oh, that's Def weird when mine was stock it was tucked all around

My fronts are relatively even with the fender (Slightly inside) but the rears are inset ~2". It's the thing I hate most about the truck.

I am going to try 1.5 or 2" inch wheel spacers eventually.

It seems similarly unfinished the way the front hubs are inset (maybe the same two inches). Seems like an afterthought.

Last edited:
You are 100% correct. It is all apart of the suspension geometry. A wider front track will enable a tighter turning radius as well as other beneficial characteristics.

Last edited:
Mine is the same with slight rear inset. Did a quick rough track width measurement and front track width is slightly wider than the rear. I have not noticed just looking at the truck but came from older GM products which have a very pronounced wider front track width look vs rear. As Bignsty said it’s not uncommon and intentional to have a slightly wider front track width to achieve desired handling characteristics. I definitely would not try to even out the rear width for cosmetics since it will most likely adversely effect handling.

Latest Discussions

Back