2021 Tremor Switch to 2023 Tremor Observations

Does the wireless charging pad actually work (charge) better, or is it just an improvement to placement and accessibility?

I don’t understand how that button works. It’s a push button but also has a dial setting?
The dial is for your drive modes, eco, rock crawl, what have you. The buttons are not activated by the dial

The dial is for your drive modes, eco, rock crawl, what have you. The buttons are not activated by the dial
Actually the buttons are activated by the dial. If you go to the offroad or rock crawl mode watch the button for 4 wheel drive. It will illuminate as the truck switches over.

Actually the buttons are activated by the dial. If you go to the offroad or rock crawl mode watch the button for 4 wheel drive. It will illuminate as the truck switches over.
True, be careful about playing with that dial for the first time while driving down a paved street. Learn the drive modes first. It starts shifting the transfer case for you. One mode switches it to 4 High with the locker engaged. This did work while driving. Another started flashing the 4 Low button but it did not shift. I did not catch which did which as the modes display on the information screen while the lights are low in the center. It looks to be a system that needs to be learned.

Trail turn turns on with the push of the button in the center of the dial.

• Useful
Reactions: ccw
Does the wireless charging pad actually work (charge) better, or is it just an improvement to placement and accessibility?
It is clearly an improvement on palcement and accessibility. No contest. It's a little larger. The phone just drops into place now. On my '21 I had to fight it into place with my hand in an odd position to get the phone to fit.

I have not timed it but it seems to work great. That may be because it's actually faster or that may be because my phone actually fits correctly and it is getting a better alignment for charging.

I went from a 2022 F250 Tremor to 2022 Raptor (same interior as the 2023 F250) and back to 2022 F250 Tremor. One thing I find annoying with 2023 interior is the width of the console where it meets the dash. The added width cuts into your legroom if you sit with your legs spread. I think the 2023 interior definitely looks better but I didn't feel like the quality is major upgrade over the last gen. Plastic on certain parts is still cheap looking/feeling.

I went from a 2022 F250 Tremor to 2022 Raptor (same interior as the 2023 F250) and back to 2022 F250 Tremor. One thing I find annoying with 2023 interior is the width of the console where it meets the dash. The added width cuts into your legroom if you sit with your legs spread. I think the 2023 interior definitely looks better but I didn't feel like the quality is major upgrade over the last gen. Plastic on certain parts is still cheap looking/feeling.
Oh man. I never looked at that. In my 08 I have lots of room to lay the right leg over. I'm worried this might be an issue for me now. Will keep fingers crossed that it's not too bad.

I just traded my 22 for the 23 and I am very pleased in the power of the new trucks 7.3 vs the 22 7.3. I dont know what they did but it is very noticable. My 22 had some hesitation that the dealer could not diagnois. The fit and finish lots better on the 2023 . Not noticed any shock rattle yet. ( had to replace front and rear on the 22) . Transmission shifts better than 22. The 23 is also quieter. Interior is on par with the F150 quality. Cameras are more clear. I also like the fact that my Lariet comes with a host of standard equipment like LED headlights to name a few.

Now what I dont like:
  1. Tennessee orange tremor sticker (Go Dawg! lol)
  2. No fender flares
  3. Having to reset dash view every time I get in.
  4. Not sure I like the steps into side of bed (Chevy ?) but I know it is functional so...
All in all I am happy. Oh by the way, my 22 was a carbonized grey now my 23 is iconic silver (same as my old 2011 F150).

A few of us on some 7.3 Facebook pages that previously had 7.3's feel the same about a little additional power on the 23's. My 22' weighed about 7300lbs and my 23' weighs 6,600lbs so that's got to be some of it in addition to the extra 10tq. But the 22' had 4.30s, my 23' has 3.73's. Would be cool to see some dyno comparisons at some point.

A few of us on some 7.3 Facebook pages that previously had 7.3's feel the same about a little additional power on the 23's. My 22' weighed about 7300lbs and my 23' weighs 6,600lbs so that's got to be some of it in addition to the extra 10tq. But the 22' had 4.30s, my 23' has 3.73's. Would be cool to see some dyno comparisons at some point.
Why such a big weight difference?

Why such a big weight difference?
22' was a cclb lariat ultimate 7.3. And 23' is ccsb XL stx. I'm guessing that's the reason or im bad at math with is entirely possible too. I just took gvwr - payload.

22' was a cclb lariat ultimate 7.3. And 23' is ccsb XL stx. I'm guessing that's the reason or im bad at math with is entirely possible too. I just took gvwr - payload.
That would definitely make a difference, and I'm sure your math is right. I still think 6600lb seems light for a CCSB, even for an XL, especially with all that the STX pack now includes. Makes me wonder if we will be seeing another sticker recall.

That would definitely make a difference, and I'm sure your math is right. I still think 6600lb seems light for a CCSB, even for an XL, especially with all that the STX pack now includes. Makes me wonder if we will be seeing another sticker recall.
I was surprised as well. It's actually 6,559.

I have not driven my 23 enough to notice a difference in the performance of the new 7.3 verses the 21 MY version. The 23 does hit all of the gears upshifting but I was okay with the skipping gears of the 21 transmission. I do think the 23 Lariat is more quiet inside than the 21 XLT.
I am not so impressed with the B&O sound system. I think the standard system in the 21 was better.

hit all of the gears upshifting but I was okay with the skipping gears of the 21 transmission.

Skipping gears is the Worst feature of these transmissions, I've driven in tow/haul since I brought er home. If it's skipping gears from the factory, they've essentially admitted it has too many gears!!

Skipping gears is the Worst feature of these transmissions, I've driven in tow/haul since I brought er home. If it's skipping gears from the factory, they've essentially admitted it has too many gears!!

I couldn't agree with you more.

With so much power these engines produce (6.7L), I am just not sure why you need soo many gears.

I thought 6 was perfect; 8 would have been probably still good. 10 is simply overkill.

The only thing the 10 spd has going for it is fuel economy, it otherwise sucks in my opinion. I find it very interesting that Ford gave up on skip shifting, another factor that I blame on for how this trans acts. My '15 6.7l was responsive and quick. loved the 6spd combo.

I'm not feeling the hate everyone is for the 10 speed. My '21 was fine. Yes, it did skip gears depending on how it was being driven. The '23 does not skip gears and I can't think of a thing I don't like about it. Maybe because it's behind a 7.3.

There is a sweet spot on the throttle where it takes off quick well ahead of pretty much everyone else but not racing. The throttle is just open enough to let out the V8 rumble and the tach sits right in between 2,700 and 3,000 RPM while it hits every gear. It's worth a smile every time.

Back