2021 Platinum Tremor - Need suggestions on chrome delete

RCKCLMBR76

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Military
Navy
Current Ride
2020 Ford Raptor
I've seen threads on this topic but can't seem to find them now that I need them. I Finally picked up my new Antimatter blue platinum and would love to start getting ride of all the chrome!

Anyone of have suggestions or pointers on the best route to take?

Pic for attention

Attachments

• 20210410_080232 (1).jpg
    20210410_080232 (1).jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 154
There’s a couple different options. You can either buy all new trim pieces in black (someone had a part number for the grill on the forum) or get them painted. If your fine with black you can either get the chrome wrapped or use a product like Hyper dip/plasti dip. Will either of those options last forever? No but they are an option that will cost significantly less than new parts.
I’m waiting for my gloss black hyper dip to come in to chrome delete the tailgate handle and the power step trim.

Can't help you with your dilemma. I like the 'brushed chrome' on my Platty. I think it comes off even better in the contrast with your Antimatter.

Condolences on being a rock climber in Portland, although I guess you do have Smith Rocks to go to if you're into bolt clipping. ;)

your friendly ex-Seattleite climber

There are others who have done it, but it is not going to be cheap. I cannot find it now, but there was a post about it a while back. The chrome/brushed silver was the main reason I did not order the Platinum.

EDIT: I found one the threads.
Trents Platinum

Last edited:
There’s a couple different options. You can either buy all new trim pieces in black (someone had a part number for the grill on the forum) or get them painted. If your fine with black you can either get the chrome wrapped or use a product like Hyper dip/plasti dip. Will either of those options last forever? No but they are an option that will cost significantly less than new parts.
I’m waiting for my gloss black hyper dip to come in to chrome delete the tailgate handle and the power step trim.
What was the cost to Hyper dip all your chrome parts? You have any good links for how to remove all the various trim pieces?

Can't help you with your dilemma. I like the 'brushed chrome' on my Platty. I think it comes off even better in the contrast with your Antimatter.

Condolences on being a rock climber in Portland, although I guess you do have Smith Rocks to go to if you're into bolt clipping. ;)

your friendly ex-Seattleite climber
I'll keep some of the chrome but I think overall the truck would look so much better with out all the bling.

There's a ton of decent trad and sport routes in the area but yeah Smith is by far the best of them all.

There are others who have done it, but it is not going to be cheap. I cannot find it now, but there was a post about it a while back. The chrome/brushed silver was the main reason I did not order the Platinum.

EDIT: I found one the threads.
Trents Platinum
Thanks mate I'll check out this thread!

What was the cost to Hyper dip all your chrome parts? You have any good links for how to remove all the various trim pieces?
Well for me I only need 1-2cans of it as It’s just the tailgate handle and the running board trim. (I have a lariat black package) I’m just going to mask off and peel the handle is easy to mask off. The steps are pretty straight forward you can remove the chrome trim if you want it’s a few screws on the end to remove the caps and then I believe the trim itself has adhesive.
My package of hyper dip is still on its way but I plan to test on something else as it supposedly needs to wet out to retain the gloss.

Back