2021 Platinum order - advice

ChuckD

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F-150
I’m getting ready to pull the trigger on a order.
It’s my DD and around 10k miles/year.
I trailer a 8k boat a few times a year to the Keys, 6-7 hours one way.
Here’s my list:
F-350 7.3l gas
Magnetic
Tremor package
Adaptive lane keeping
Adaptive cruise control
Massage seats
No sunroof
Fixed running boards
Spray in bed liner

I’m looking on Costco site and I can’t find these options: massage seats, adaptive cruise, adaptive lane keeping. Do they come in some package I’m missing? Or standard with the Platinum?

And my dealer said they’ll do Invoice - 1000, but want a big nonrefundable $10k deposit because of the gas engine.
Thanks
Charlie

I also see a $500 Medical professional rebate online. Now I just need a PCO!

And my dealer said they’ll do Invoice - 1000, but want a big nonrefundable $10k deposit because of the gas engine.

Time to find a new dealer, that's just idiotic. I put $0 deposit down on my 7.3L.

Definitely find a new dealer, no moonroof is the way to go(y)

I’m looking on Costco site and I can’t find these options: massage seats, adaptive cruise, adaptive lane keeping. Do they come in some package I’m missing? Or standard with the Platinum?

Thanks
Charlie
I can only answer one of those. Adaptive cruise IS part of the Platinum package.

If the massage seats are also called "multi-contour", then yes, included on Platinum (but I don't know whether those are synonymous). As for adaptive lane keeping, can you describe what you mean? Lane-keeping alert is part of the Tremor & UTT packages, but as far as being included on incremental trim levels, it's only added on the Limited. But, adaptive??

Its all here: https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/2021-ford-super-duty-changes-released.882/

But sometimes verbiage can get a bit confusing, yeah? And, $10k seems nuts.

I can only answer one of those. Adaptive cruise IS part of the Platinum package.

If the massage seats are also called "multi-contour", then yes, included on Platinum (but I don't know whether those are synonymous). As for adaptive lane keeping, can you describe what you mean? Lane-keeping alert is part of the Tremor & UTT packages, but as far as being included on incremental trim levels, it's only added on the Limited. But, adaptive??

Its all here: https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/2021-ford-super-duty-changes-released.882/

But sometimes verbiage can get a bit confusing, yeah? And, $10k seems nuts.

There it is, ‘Adaptive Steering’ is a new stand alone option. And magnetic color is gone! Argh!
I guess I’ll look at the two new gray colors.

There it is, ‘Adaptive Steering’ is a new stand alone option. And magnetic color is gone! Argh!
I guess I’ll look at the two new gray colors.

carbonized Gray looks the best.

I think it was all covered, but just in case.
Massage seats are "multi contour" And included with platinum. Adaptive cruise is included with platinum. Super Duty does not get lane keeping, just alerting system, and is included in platinum.

Find a new dealer. $500 refundable is too much IMO unless it's a super small dealer.

The platinum trim comes with the “multi contour” seats which have the massage feature. It also includes lane departure warning (see below) and adaptive cruise control. Good luck with your purchase!

There are two different terms for the lane keeping systems for Ford vehicles. Lane keep assist (LKA) actually keeps you in the lane and lane departure warning (LDW) which notifies you when you are leaving the lane but doesn’t intervene. Super duty only has LDW. If you want LKA you would need to buy something with rack and pinion steering (at least from Ford). The only manufacturer doing LKA with recirculating ball (that I’m aware of) is Ram and you have to buy the Limited trim to get it.

The platinum trim comes with the “multi contour” seats which have the massage feature. It also includes lane departure warning (see below) and adaptive cruise control. Good luck with your purchase!

There are two different terms for the lane keeping systems for Ford vehicles. Lane keep assist (LKA) actually keeps you in the lane and lane departure warning (LDW) which notifies you when you are leaving the lane but doesn’t intervene. Super duty only has LDW. If you want LKA you would need to buy something with rack and pinion steering (at least from Ford). The only manufacturer doing LKA with recirculating ball (that I’m aware of) is Ram and you have to buy the Limited trim to get it.
I see a $1000 option for Adaptive Steering for the 2021 trucks. My brother has it in his Expedition and says it keeps him in the lane with cruise control on.

I see a $1000 option for Adaptive Steering for the 2021 trucks. My brother has it in his Expedition and says it keeps him in the lane with cruise control on.
Adaptive Steering has nothing to do with lanes. This is a feature that “exaggerates” the steering wheel input at low speeds to make backing or maneuvering a trailer easier in tight spots. At highway speeds it makes the steering wheel less responsive to provide a more steady and in-control feel. I’ve confirmed this through my own research and a conversation with a GM at a Ford dealership.

Here’s a couple videos from Ford about it:

1)
2)

Last edited:
Adaptive Steering has nothing to do with lanes. This is a feature that “exaggerates” the steering wheel input at low speeds to make backing or maneuvering a trailer easier in tight spots. At highway speeds it makes the steering wheel less responsive to provide a more steady and in-control feel. I’ve confirmed this through my own research and a conversation with a GM at a Ford dealership.

Here’s a couple videos from Ford about it:

1)
2)
Crap. Not sure I need that. So no lane keeping option?
C

Not for super duty. It’s an option on pretty much everything else though. If you were willing to go F150 or Expedition/Navigator the latest generations come with the lane keep system that includes lane centering which is supposed to be nice.

Lane keep assist is not available for Super duty (F250-F600), E-series (E350-E450), or Medium duty (F650-F750) or any of their strip chassis variants. Basically anything with a recirculating ball steering system. Everything else has it as an option or as standard.

Last edited:
Not for super duty. It’s an option on pretty much everything else though. If you were willing to go F150 or Expedition/Navigator the latest generations come with the lane keep system that includes lane centering which is supposed to be nice.

Lane keep assist is not available for Super duty (F250-F600), E-series (E350-E450), or Medium duty (F650-F750) or any of their strip chassis variants. Basically anything with a recirculating ball steering system. Everything else has it as an option or as standard.
Totally agree - I was told that electronic steering is required for the Lane Keep Assist feature. For now, that excludes Super Duties.

Totally agree - I was told that electronic steering is required for the Lane Keep Assist feature. For now, that excludes Super Duties.

off-topic, and not attempting to hijack the OP's thread, but I'm new here and get a kick out of Legmar's avatar.
Looks as though you live in Longhorn? country but have your guns up. I like that! Wreck 'em!

off-topic, and not attempting to hijack the OP's thread, but I'm new here and get a kick out of Legmar's avatar.
Looks as though you live in Longhorn? country but have your guns up. I like that! Wreck 'em!
Haha, yeah... sorry OP for the continued hijack, but I have to respond to this! I was born in Austin, but went to college at Texas Tech. I had a fabulous time out there and still volunteer in my department. I absolutely fell in love with the school, the education, the campus, the employees, the students, the community, etc. The network I joined with my degree directly enabled me to get my first internship and eventually led to me getting a fantastic job back in Austin after working in DFW for a while. If anyone is interested in the school or wants to drive their kids out for a visit in a fancy new 2021 Platinum Tremor Truck ( :cool: phew, brought it back to OP's topic), let me know and send pics of the adventure with the truck! I'm happy to give tips and help make connections. For what it's worth, I bet the Adaptive Steering will be useful in the high winds on the West Texas highways! ?

Latest Discussions

Back