2021 orders. When?

Don’t be jealous, I’m now on 6 weeks 2 days from order and still no VIN (so says the dealer). Suffice to say I’m beyond frustrated with them. They don’t seem to care either way. No recourse I can take though, as going through a new dealership only makes the last 6 weeks a waste and puts me even farther away from a tremor...

Don’t be jealous, I’m now on 6 weeks 2 days from order and still no VIN (so says the dealer). Suffice to say I’m beyond frustrated with them. They don’t seem to care either way. No recourse I can take though, as going through a new dealership only makes the last 6 weeks a waste and puts me even farther away from a tremor...
I feel bad for you...sounds like the dealer has really dropped the ball. Unfortunately now that 2022s are being ordered I would be surprised if they can still get you a 2021 ordered. I would ask them to show you that they have ordered the truck. Usually only takes about a week to get a vin number if the dealership has an allocation.

I feel bad for you...sounds like the dealer has really dropped the ball. Unfortunately now that 2022s are being ordered I would be surprised if they can still get you a 2021 ordered. I would ask them to show you that they have ordered the truck. Usually only takes about a week to get a vin number if the dealership has an allocation.
Not necessarily. For Some of us it took about 20-30 days for a vin. I ordered on 2/2 got the vin on 2/24. Built 3/8, shipped 3/15 and delivered 4/1.

It was exactly 4 month wait for me. My salesman, who I've know for 15 years had a tooth extracted today. We were tentatively going to meet after work and do the paperwork. I think he got a little drugged up and isn't texting back. What's one more day? ?

I would do this in a heartbeat....
me too.

I did it years ago with a custom chopper I bought. The company was in Hollister, Ca, and I lived in OC. I did all the paperwork at the dealer once they called and said it was ready. I hopped a flight to San Jose, and the guys from the bike company picked me up. They made copies of the paperwork, and off I went. Took the scenic route down 1. It was awesome.

F350, 6.7, Lariat, Value, Tremor, Silver, Block Heater, Supplemental cab heater, Upfitter switches, 5th wheel prep, CHMSL Camera, Roof lights

Ordered 2/10/21
VIN 3/5/21
Build Date 3/15/21
Due to dealer 4/2/21
Revised Due to Dealer 4/3/21
2nd Revision Due to dealer 4/8/21
Actual Delivered date 4/6/21

Unfortunately I cant pick it for 2 more weeks due to quarantine....

F350, 6.7, Lariat, Value, Tremor, Silver, Block Heater, Supplemental cab heater, Upfitter switches, 5th wheel prep, CHMSL Camera, Roof lights

Ordered 2/10/21
VIN 3/5/21
Build Date 3/15/21
Due to dealer 4/2/21
Revised Due to Dealer 4/3/21
2nd Revision Due to dealer 4/8/21
Actual Delivered date 4/6/21

Unfortunately I cant pick it for 2 more weeks due to quarantine....
What's the deal with the quarantine? Do they think the truck has covid? Haha

I’m so jealous right now....any day mine should be here, think the last couple days of waiting are worse than when I ordered it back in January....?
Update : sales guy calls me this afternoon and says truck was on the way to the dealer and the hauler broke down! Oh well, guess it may be tomorrow now....possibly Friday....?

When you take delivery, make sure to inspect the paint. I went to pick up my Rapid Red, F250 crew cab, Tremor, black package, Lariat high, yesterday afternoon. Absolutely stunning truck! Unfortunately, due to fish eyes in the paint and a welding flaw in the roof, I rejected delivery. For $80k, it should be close to perfect. I'm sure it will be sold by Sunday. I'll try again by ordering another. Obviously not the dealer's fault. Ford needs to step up the quality control. I ordered on Dec 7, 2020 and was very excited to pick it up yesterday after 4 months of waiting. Needless to say, I went home very disappointed.

When you take delivery, make sure to inspect the paint. I went to pick up my Rapid Red, F250 crew cab, Tremor, black package, Lariat high, yesterday afternoon. Absolutely stunning truck! Unfortunately, due to fish eyes in the paint and a welding flaw in the roof, I rejected delivery. For $80k, it should be close to perfect. I'm sure it will be sold by Sunday. I'll try again by ordering another. Obviously not the dealer's fault. Ford needs to step up the quality control. I ordered on Dec 7, 2020 and was very excited to pick it up yesterday after 4 months of waiting. Needless to say, I went home very disappointed.
What was the welding flaw?

Might I ask what 'Fish Eyes' are in paint?

Broad question for the group, and I ask with sincerity, not to patronize:

Where do you all draw the line with what defects you are willing to accept and what are showstoppers? These trucks are anywhere from 70-90K+ so I agree that they should be damn near flawless. However, it is also a multi-month wait to get them in a market with extremely low supply and extremely high demand. "starting over" if the truck has some imperfections means waiting another 4-6 months. When you've already been waiting for 3-4, thats a long time.

So, that begs the question, where do y'all draw the line?

Back