2021 orders. When?

I ordered my truck on 2/19. Ford confirmed the order on 2/24. I got my VIN from my dealer a week later. It show's the delivery date of 5/8. I talked to my dealer on Wednesday this week and he said my truck is scheduled to be built on 4/12. I hope the chip shortage doesn't delay my build any. I already sold my other truck.

Last edited:
This is just for reference, but I placed my order on 2/4. Went about 6 weeks with no word or VIN or anything. So I was suspecting dealer shenanigans. Then two days later they gave me a screen shot of their dealer info (supposed to be confidential according to Ford, lol) and it showed that my order was indeed placed and accepted on 2/4. I then had the VIN, build date and delivery ETA. Everything has been accurate after that except the delivery date pushed back 3 days.

As hard as it is, all I can say is be patient. It'll happen. Your experience is not unique.

Apologies - I missed those pictures. Yeah, it's the dealer that's the issue. I have the impression the dealer schedule report is a weekly report, so it could be it hasn't landed at your dealer yet.

However, if it's a 5/1 week, that was scheduled awhile ago.

Did you try your dealership's fleet manager?
It’s week of 5/17. It’s a small dealership so no fleet manager. I did talk to the sales manager and he said, “there wont be a VIN until much closer to the build date.”

I went with this dealer because they are small and had awesome reviews but this whole getting my VIN thing has been a pain. Not sure who else I can talk to at the dealer...

It’s week of 5/17. It’s a small dealership so no fleet manager. I did talk to the sales manager and he said, “there wont be a VIN until much closer to the build date.”

I went with this dealer because they are small and had awesome reviews but this whole getting my VIN thing has been a pain. Not sure who else I can talk to at the dealer...
I would definitely look into it as I ordered on 3/3 and had a vin number a couple days later

Fresh Photos from my Salesman going to pick it up tomorrow morning. So excited!!
7A677B06-E769-4B64-AE8C-3E749732352B.jpeg
346C031F-9406-411D-9D4A-67F71875B585.jpeg

I ordered my truck on 2/19. Ford confirmed the order on 2/24. I got my VIN from my dealer a week later. It show's the delivery date of 5/8. I talked to my dealer on Wednesday this week and he said my truck is scheduled to be built on 4/12. I hope the chip shortage doesn't delay my build any. I already sold my other truck.
I don't think you have to worry. The way they produce vehicles they have to plan weeks in advance for the components to come together at the right time to complete each truck. The supply chain process is like clock work. If it's in the build schedule that close, the components are already accounted for. Just be patient and stay in contact with your salesman or fleet manager. The slowest part will be delivery considering your location.

Fresh Photos from my Salesman going to pick it up tomorrow morning. So excited!!
View attachment 21333View attachment 21334
That's fantastic! We can't pick ours up until next week as the dealer still has to install the winch. I told them to take their time and give the job to their best mechanic. My salesman is focused on taking care of us. Congratulations!! ?

Well picked her up today! Brought it home and threw one a PMF 1.5” rear reverse level block so she’d fit in my garage (83” opening) Dropped tire PSI to 45 and she ride like a dream! The 7.3 hauls compared to my old 5.3LS. Which I am happy as I did not get to drive a 7.3 prior to delivery. I did notice the weird pedal lag while turning one time turned on sport TC and seemed better so that’s fine with me. Now to make some small changes with forscan and put on my splash guards. So stoked on the truck and the wife loves it too! Also ordered Hyperdip piano black for the chrome trim areas.
DB8E635F-DC75-49A4-9BF0-23E83717A0D9.jpeg
79773FF8-564E-4737-A7B4-0CA2E3C33E3E.jpeg

Ordered 1/8, built 3/19, eta to dealership is 4/17. My sales guy just told me it’s on a train in Nevada, I’m in SoCal, could be here a week early! Which is awesome, but 4/10 is my wife’s birthday....she may think the truck is for her! ??
Truck has arrived via train in Mira Loma,CA and has been transferred to the trucking company.....sooooo close......??

Ford site says my Tremor ordered 2/13, production 3/31 (originally 3/19), build 4/2 (originally 3/22) and eta delivery 5/18 (originally 4/11 then 4/22). Now dealer has just called and said truck was in transit and eta is 5/8. These dates are all over the place and sure hope it doesn’t take that long for transit. Wish I had a better dealer.

Ford site says my Tremor ordered 2/13, production 3/31 (originally 3/19), build 4/2 (originally 3/22) and eta delivery 5/18 (originally 4/11 then 4/22). Now dealer has just called and said truck was in transit and eta is 5/8. These dates are all over the place and sure hope it doesn’t take that long for transit. Wish I had a better dealer.
Mine supssebly shipped 4-2. Originally delivery estimate was 4-15. Now the tracker shows 5-18. I would think it would be here well before 5-18. Over a month for shipping seems a little excessive.

I can’t see it taking that long to go from Kentucky to NC.

The tracking numbers are all over the place, and I've found they seem to enter worst case estimates when it comes to delivery dates. Get your stuff in order cause it will probably arrive sooner than the estimates.

The tracking numbers are all over the place, and I've found they seem to enter worst case estimates when it comes to delivery dates. Get your stuff in order cause it will probably arrive sooner than the estimates.
I really hope you are right.

My 2021 arrived at the dealership this morning. I ordered it December 6th. They have to install the winch, tint, etc. Getting it ceramic coated over the weekend if all goes smooth. I'm beyond excited.

My 2021 arrived at the dealership this morning. I ordered it December 6th. They have to install the winch, tint, etc. Getting it ceramic coated over the weekend if all goes smooth. I'm beyond excited.
Dealer sent me a pic after the Warn install. I'm beyond pumped!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210406-104734_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20210406-104734_Messages.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 33
Back