2021 orders. When?

I ordered on March 11th.

Every article I've read, outside the forum, says Superduties will be affected too. I'm hoping not, but I guess we will see.

I ordered mine 3/4 and got 6.7l Lariat f250, ultimate/black appearance. ETA 5/30 and priority 10 on my order form. I’ll let you know what my progress is and you do the same haha
I got the 6.7 lariat f250 Ultimate/black appearance as well with ETA 5/30. The race is on lol!!!

So ford performance says to be scheduled it must have a VIN, dealer says he even called and it won't until its scheduled for production. Is my dealer a bunch of buffoons or is this legit?

Attachments

• 25DB5D1C-11E8-4E62-B753-CAB7C7819738.png
    25DB5D1C-11E8-4E62-B753-CAB7C7819738.png
    1 MB · Views: 21
  • A7034629-21A9-4149-AC2D-5DB618EB1214.png
    A7034629-21A9-4149-AC2D-5DB618EB1214.png
    466.5 KB · Views: 19
So ford performance says to be scheduled it must have a VIN, dealer says he even called and it won't until its scheduled for production. Is my dealer a bunch of buffoons or is this legit?
Dealer provided me my vin a few days after ordering—more than a month before the tracking sites indicated it was scheduled for production.

Ford website now says mine is shipped on 3/31. Still talking about 19 days before delivery.... sigh.

So how long again does it take that train to go from KY to Benicia?
With no delays about 7 days. Mine took an addition week due to a delay when it hit St. Louis and switched from CSX to UP rail line. Then id say plan on about a week for it to hit your dealer after that.

Went to look at mine today and my salesman said they were a little worried about my order because they received notice from Ford that orders are going to start to be delayed, mostly the upscale trucks that require more electronics. He said they are going to prioritize the models and builds with fewer electronics so they can build as much volume as possible. Some other Ford models are going to stop production all together for a few weeks/months until the situation improves. I really feel like I squeaked it under the wire on this order. Here's a couple picks at the dealer.
1617413231797.png
1617413289338.png

ETA has gone from 4/22 to 5/18 and the truck has been built! Did they shut down shipment?
On April fifth they're slowing production by one third - currently for two weeks. That is the reason for your delay.

Last edited:
It took about a month for the dealer to get me a VIN, but the same day they gave me the VIN they also told me what the estimated build date was and also the estimated delivery date. The tracking sites were never updated until it was built and ready to ship. As it turns out the original information the dealer gave me was quite accurate and the truck arrived one day earlier that the original estimation.

It took about a month for the dealer to get me a VIN, but the same day they gave me the VIN they also told me what the estimated build date was and also the estimated delivery date. The tracking sites were never updated until it was built and ready to ship. As it turns out the original information the dealer gave me was quite accurate and the truck arrived one day earlier that the original estimation.
Well I ordered my truck on 2/22 so it’s been well over a month. Pretty discouraged at this point...

Well I ordered my truck on 2/22 so it’s been well over a month. Pretty discouraged at this point...
Sorry to hear that. They are having trouble getting electronic components. I wouldn't lose hope yet, many in the months past have had extended waits. I just hope your dealer didn't screw up the order.

Yeah at this point it’s not about the wait it’s more that I’ve been told by many on this forum that in order for it to be scheduled it must have a VIN. I even confirmed that with Ford. But they say only my dealer can provide me my VIN. And yet my dealer says there is no VIN. So IDK what the eff is going on.

Yeah at this point it’s not about the wait it’s more that I’ve been told by many on this forum that in order for it to be scheduled it must have a VIN. I even confirmed that with Ford. But they say only my dealer can provide me my VIN. And yet my dealer says there is no VIN. So IDK what the eff is going on.

To clarify on the nuance, when Ford picks up the order from the unscheduled order bank (USOB) then they assign a VIN to the vehicle. Ford picks up that order when it meets the criteria of dealer allocation, commodity issues, and general scheduling requirements.

My understanding is 2022 scheduling won't start for another couple of weeks - I recall seeing week of 4/16 as when it would start?

Edit: apologies, I had it in my head you ordered a 22. Above would still align, so if no VIN then it hasn't been scheduled yet. But it basically needed to have been scheduled this week. I think this week was when Ford was intending to finalize all 21 super duty order scheduling.

I ordered 2-19 didn't get a full ViN till 3-25...tracking a 5-22 delivery.

To clarify on the nuance, when Ford picks up the order from the unscheduled order bank (USOB) then they assign a VIN to the vehicle. Ford picks up that order when it meets the criteria of dealer allocation, commodity issues, and general scheduling requirements.

My understanding is 2022 scheduling won't start for another couple of weeks - I recall seeing week of 4/16 as when it would start?

Edit: apologies, I had it in my head you ordered a 22. Above would still align, so if no VIN then it hasn't been scheduled yet. But it basically needed to have been scheduled this week. I think this week was when Ford was intending to finalize all 21 super duty order scheduling.
I posted a picture above of my convo with Ford live chat and my dealer. They both said it was scheduled. Ford says for it to be scheduled it must have a VIN. My dealer claims “they even called Ford” and there is no VIN yet.

Getting a bad taste in my mouth from this dealer. Not sure what my options for recourse are at this point though. 22’s are a ways out and I’d hate to start all over again.

I posted a picture above of my convo with Ford live chat and my dealer. They both said it was scheduled. Ford says for it to be scheduled it must have a VIN. My dealer claims “they even called Ford” and there is no VIN yet.

Getting a bad taste in my mouth from this dealer. Not sure what my options for recourse are at this point though. 22’s are a ways out and I’d hate to start all over again.
I don’t blame you for being upset about it. My order was placed 1/26 and I got my VIN 3/1. I had asked a few days prior to my sales guy and he said no. He went on vacation so that Monday while he was off I emailed the fleet manager directly as they usually actually place the orders. He gave it to me that day and it said in production.
While talking to him last night about when to go pick up my truck he did say they don’t love giving out the VIN as the tracker can be very hit or miss and tends to make people more stressed as it gives you dates while they tell you 8-12 weeks.
Just go a week at a time of ford is telling you it’s scheduled then it is. Wait a week and ask again, I understand your stress for sure I was the same way when I saw people getting a vin in less than 2 weeks.

Sorry to read about you having to deal with that. I know I have seen it all over the place for people when ordering and timelines. I ordered 2/5 and got my vin from the dealer 2/8. Built on 3/24. Currently in transit. I don’t know if I was just a lucky one missing all the shut downs and chip shortages but I feel for anyone having ordered during these times, that it’s a crap shoot for sure. Especially if you have a shady dealership your dealing with also. Best of luck I sure hope things work out for you.

Apologies - I missed those pictures. Yeah, it's the dealer that's the issue. I have the impression the dealer schedule report is a weekly report, so it could be it hasn't landed at your dealer yet.

However, if it's a 5/1 week, that was scheduled awhile ago.

Did you try your dealership's fleet manager?

Back