2021 orders. When?

I thought it might be interesting to see when you're placed your order, received confirmation of order, build week and when you receive your truck.

I ordered my '21 tremor king ranch antimatter/stone gray on oct 3rd. I had the order confirmed oct 7th. Priority 12. Build week November 23.
No delivery date yet but dealer is thinking just before Christmas. The attached picture is of the blue jeans/ stone gray 2020. I have no idea what to expect of the antimatter/ gray.
I ordered mine the first week of September and it arrived at the dealer on Christmas Eve. Ford has a track website if you have your vin. The website was super accurate and updated daily.

2 months to get a VIN? Did your dealer not have it or did you not ask for it until 1/19? Ordered mine on 11/27 should have it by 02/08. Maybe it is the trim level, options or engine selected that caused your delay. You would think yours would have shipped by now.

View attachment 15266
The dealer did not get the VIN for 2 months. I was calling weekly towards the end. Each time I asked again that the dealer confirm they had allocation. They swore they did. KR 6.7L with a good amount of options, so I guess it could have been anything holding me up. I wish they knew what was causing the delay. I would have dropped any option that would cause this kind of wait for a VIN.

Buddy just went to a dealer to look, rep said 6-8 month wait on orders. Mind blowing. I wonder if it’s all the Bronco orders messing stuff up.

I placed my order a couple of weeks ago, and dealer said the same thing initially about expecting a 6-8 month wait. They got back to me that actual customer orders get a priority bump.

I think the Ford planning folks are telling dealers the run-of-the-mill super duty allocations and order building is now getting planned through August and later. I'm figuring dealerships are used to just ordering trucks and selling them, so that's how they look at all of this. With all the supply issues more people are looking at custom orders, and it's something dealerships just aren't used to doing that much of. So they get their weekly planning update and hear "scheduling through August" and assume that's the story.

But I'm guessing it's more Ford is telling them "if you think you can sell a truck, we're planning through August. If you have a customer that will buy a specific truck, we will get that truck to the front of the line."

I placed my order a couple of weeks ago, and dealer said the same thing initially about expecting a 6-8 month wait. They got back to me that actual customer orders get a priority bump.

I think the Ford planning folks are telling dealers the run-of-the-mill super duty allocations and order building is now getting planned through August and later. I'm figuring dealerships are used to just ordering trucks and selling them, so that's how they look at all of this. With all the supply issues more people are looking at custom orders, and it's something dealerships just aren't used to doing that much of. So they get their weekly planning update and hear "scheduling through August" and assume that's the story.

But I'm guessing it's more Ford is telling them "if you think you can sell a truck, we're planning through August. If you have a customer that will buy a specific truck, we will get that truck to the front of the line."
Not sure why a dealership would say that. According to Blue Oval Forums the last date for retail orders of a 2021 would be 3/14/21. Fleet orders ended on 1/22/21. The order banks for 2022s starts on 3/15/21, scheduling for them starts on 4/22/21, and production starts on 6/1/21.

Not sure why a dealership would say that. According to Blue Oval Forums the last date for retail orders of a 2021 would be 3/14/21. Fleet orders ended on 1/22/21. The order banks for 2022s starts on 3/15/21, scheduling for them starts on 4/22/21, and production starts on 6/1/21.

My understanding is there are 3 main categories for orders - fleet, retail, dealer/stock. What I'm gathering is dealers are used to just doing their dealer orders, getting the trucks in, and sales folks selling those trucks. So their Ford planning counterparts are saying the dealer orders are getting scheduled through August and later, and I'd believe it, since dealer orders are basically the dealer saying "I think I can sell this truck." Most dealers are hearing that, and they only ever try to sell the trucks they have on their lot, so they've got their blinders on and think "ALL orders are getting scheduled through August."

Fleet and retail are orders where there's a buying customer who would likely buy today if they could, and will happily buy in a few months barring exceptions. Ford is saying "the trucks you think you can sell - we're planning through August. The trucks you know you can sell - get them in now." But most dealers only ever think about the trucks they think they can sell, so all they hear is the August part.

I haven't come across anything about the timing on dealer orders anywhere so far. I've only seen the fleet and retail order timings. I admit this is a lot of speculation based on my experience trying to order a truck through a couple of different dealerships, reading the Blue Oval updates, how the Ford ordering process works, how dealers get vehicles, and people's updates here.

This is one potential explanation for why a dealer would say an order could take 6+ months - I'd bet for their orders, that's how long it will likely take, and they only ever really think about their orders.

All these screenshots are killing me! Mine is still just in 'order confirmed' land. :cry:

View attachment 15287
What's your window sticker look like?

Anyone know/remember what the dates at the bottom of window sticker denote?

Screenshot_20210126-074020~2.png
Screenshot_20210126-074904.png

Mine said 1/19/21 since it went into production. Does the change to 1/26/21 denote when it actually left in transit versus awaiting transit?

Although I know the truck will arrive when it arrives, this gives me something to do that doesn't drain my bank account like shopping for mods. There's a good mix of guys both seemingly ahead of schedule and lagging behind to help me maintain perspective. May we all not go insane in the interim ?.

Well, today is 1/25/2021. The scheduled build day for my super duty. Annnndddd, ITS IN PRODUCTION!!! What a Birthday!!
The window sticker populated this morning!

Attachments

• 65214791-92E3-4DD8-9D55-AEA59BFF53C4.png
    65214791-92E3-4DD8-9D55-AEA59BFF53C4.png
    825.2 KB · Views: 41
I just ordered a 2021 F-350 XLT Tremor 6.7 Lithium Gray, X-plan ($66,793) with most options except sunroof and winch. They are giving me $10,000 trade on my 2007 F-250 6.0. With dealer credits and my 2k PCO, I am $55,000 OTD. The Ford dealer in Minnesota I ordered from is advising 16 weeks and should arrive before Memorial Day weekend. I really wanted the winch AND the Quad Beam LED lights, but couldn't justify the $2700 (winch) cost even with the x-plan and the $6,000 additional cost going to the Lariat with the Ultimate package to get the Quad Beam LEDs

I am happy and can't wait until it gets here!. I need it to pull a 2021 Jayco Eagle 340DROK. Big plans this summer!

My sales guy advised he is non stop busy with Super Duty sales.

I just ordered a 2021 F-350 XLT Tremor 6.7 Lithium Gray, X-plan ($66,793) with most options except sunroof and winch. They are giving me $10,000 trade on my 2007 F-250 6.0. With dealer credits and my 2k PCO, I am $55,000 OTD. The Ford dealer in Minnesota I ordered from is advising 16 weeks and should arrive before Memorial Day weekend. I really wanted the winch AND the Quad Beam LED lights, but couldn't justify the $2700 (winch) cost even with the x-plan and the $6,000 additional cost going to the Lariat with the Ultimate package to get the Quad Beam LEDs

I am happy and can't wait until it gets here!. I need it to pull a 2021 Jayco Eagle 340DROK. Big plans this summer!

I with you brother on justifying the price to get certain options like the quad beams

I really wanted the sport package, but I would have had to upgrade my Oxford white, so for me to get the black grill, black F350 vents and black ovals and white bumpers it would have been $3500ish. After calculating the deductions
I can wrap it or have it painted for a 1/3 of that

Last edited:

Congratulations! That’s a great truck and trailer setup! I pull a 38’ toy hauler with my f250 diesel and it’s a nice easy ride.

Dealer called me today said my truck was at the railhead in Lawrenceville ga which is only like 30 miles from me and the dealer!! Getting so close!!!
Well...hopefully our two Tremors are in the container together like Forrest Gump & Bubba so they don't have to sleep with their grills in the rail dust ?

And once you offload yours, how about lighting a fire under the conductor's ass and send him due south with a quickness! But they may just offload mine as well and put it on a car hauler headed south.

Last edited:
What's your window sticker look like?

Anyone know/remember what the dates at the bottom of window sticker denote?

View attachment 15302View attachment 15301
Mine said 1/19/21 since it went into production. Does the change to 1/26/21 denote when it actually left in transit versus awaiting transit?

Although I know the truck will arrive when it arrives, this gives me something to do that doesn't drain my bank account like shopping for mods. There's a good mix of guys both seemingly ahead of schedule and lagging behind to help me maintain perspective. May we all not go insane in the interim ?.
As far as the bottom date goes, your guess is as good as mine. My truck was apparently shipped on 01/23/2021 and the date on the bottom was originally 01/13, then changed to 01/18 and held there until today - now it says 01/26/2021. Makes me wonder how the date can change after it ships? The date under the special order "01 11 21" is your buck-date when it went into the production planner to schedule line time for assembly - that date seems to never change.

Well...hopefully our two Tremors are in the container together like Forrest Gump & Bubba so they don't have to sleep with their grills in the rail dust ?

And once you offload yours, how about lighting a fire under the conductor's ass and send him due south with a quickness! But they may just offload mine as well and put it on a car hauler headed south.
Maybe mine is in there too! Supposed to be delivered to Camilla, GA on Monday. Or before maybe?

I just got a call today - my F250 7.3 Plat is in, will pick it up in a few hours. The ford online status indicated an ETA of 2/2 , so this is ahead of schedule (which had moved around a bit from 1/31, to 2/1 and 2/2 for the last several days).
After just 1 day after it transitioned to "built", my order transitioned to "shipped" it now has an ETA of Jan 31 - so 1 week ahead of the estimate from yesterday.

I just got a call today - my F250 7.3 Plat is in, will pick it up in a few hours. The ford online status indicated an ETA of 2/2 , so this is ahead of schedule (which had moved around a bit from 1/31, to 2/1 and 2/2 for the last several days).
I got my call this morning as well! Pickup this afternoon! Order date was 11/7/20. Delivery date was posted as 2/19.

Back