2021 orders. When?

Ordered 12/12 still no vin.

Dealer called me yesterday telling me that his GM told him ford just reopened the factory yesterday 1/11. I have no idea if true or BS. He says he expects I'll have a real update after this thursday or next week.

If I don't get a VIN this coming Friday morning I'm calling the GM myself and telling him if he doesn't pick up the phone and call Ford then I'm pulling my order and going elsewhere.

Sales guy said the GM told him my truck will likely be built in late Jan or early Feb and be delivered late Feb or first week of March. I'm like well if there's no VIN and Ford hasn't picked up the order yet then your GM is just giving speculative nonsense updates and I'm looking for factual updates.

Posted this in another thread as well but for me:

Ordered 11/6/20
Got my VIN 11/20/20
Scheduled 1/6/21
Built 1/11/21
Shipped with an estimated delivery date of 1/29/21. (ETA has been bumped up twice, so we'll see)

Ordered 8/24 production 11/20 built shipped 12/16 Stuck in FUCKING JERSEY 60 MILES AWAY SINCE 12/28. ETA is now 1/17-1/23
141 days ago I ordered my Platinum Tremor with every freakin option. MSRP 93,800$. You would think FORD wants that sale. My FRUSTRATIONS have gotten the better of me.
Good for all you great men getting your trucks as you should. I wouldn’t wish this crap on anyone. ITS GODS TIME LINE SO I AM NEED TO BE PATIENT. ??????????‍♂️?

Ordered 8/24 production 11/20 built shipped 12/16 Stuck in FUCKING JERSEY 60 MILES AWAY SINCE 12/28. ETA is now 1/17-1/23
141 days ago I ordered my Platinum Tremor with every freakin option. MSRP 93,800$. You would think FORD wants that sale. My FRUSTRATIONS have gotten the better of me.
Good for all you great men getting your trucks as you should. I wouldn’t wish this crap on anyone. ITS GODS TIME LINE SO I AM NEED TO BE PATIENT. ??????????‍♂️?
W....T....F??!! We're going to have to declare a national holiday the day your Platty is delivered! I don't want to raise your blood pressure so I won't ask about your last communication with that dealer, but do you have any idea WHY it's held up in NJ?

I'm at a loss for words. I got nothing SMH. Your Tremor better be the best damn tremor ever conceived. But as you said, in His time. He knows how the movie ends. We're still trying to figure out what we want to do tonight and haven't even decided on going to the theater ?

Ordered 12/12 still no vin.

Dealer called me yesterday telling me that his GM told him ford just reopened the factory yesterday 1/11. I have no idea if true or BS. He says he expects I'll have a real update after this thursday or next week.

If I don't get a VIN this coming Friday morning I'm calling the GM myself and telling him if he doesn't pick up the phone and call Ford then I'm pulling my order and going elsewhere.

Sales guy said the GM told him my truck will likely be built in late Jan or early Feb and be delivered late Feb or first week of March. I'm like well if there's no VIN and Ford hasn't picked up the order yet then your GM is just giving speculative nonsense updates and I'm looking for factual updates.

That seems like a stretch of the truth, since mine was built the week of 1/4/21 and is waiting on shipment. :mad:

Truck ordered 12/11/20 priority 10, no vin yet... do I keep bothering my dealer or do I move to a different dealer with the order? Will another Ford dealer have to do a credit check again?

thanks

Truck ordered 12/11/20 priority 10, no vin yet... do I keep bothering my dealer or do I move to a different dealer with the order? Will another Ford dealer have to do a credit check again?

thanks
They did a credit check on you when you ordered? That's unusual from a car dealership to do with a long-lead time item. But with that said, Kubota did that to me when I bought my tractor with the understanding that I would take delivery within 2 weeks (it ended up taking a little over 4 weeks) and I insisted that they not do another check on delivery and they agreed. They did another check anyway because of the time period (even though it was their fault) had been over 30 days since the last check. I was pissed, but oh well.

thanks
I am not sure why they did a credit check, either. My dealer ordered mine without a deposit or credit check using a priority of 10.

On 12/16 i told my dealer “ok do it do it”

On 12/29 the dealer was waiting on allocation still.

today 1/13 no vin, but my dealer said it’s “lined up for production” so the process should start this week. What ever that means

Attachments

• EE8BBA82-0700-4491-BEBB-EE69FBCF78C1.gif
    EE8BBA82-0700-4491-BEBB-EE69FBCF78C1.gif
    138.5 KB · Views: 9
My 7.3 250 platinum just transitioned to "built" this morning. Eta is 28 days. (Feb 8) I ordered on Nov 25 and it went to "in productiog" last week. The dealer originally told me build week of 1/11 and that seems to have held.
After just 1 day after it transitioned to "built", my order transitioned to "shipped" it now has an ETA of Jan 31 - so 1 week ahead of the estimate from yesterday.

On 12/16 i told my dealer “ok do it do it”

On 12/29 the dealer was waiting on allocation still.

today 1/13 no vin, but my dealer said it’s “lined up for production” so the process should start this week. What ever that means
Less than one month from order to queued up for production? That'd be REALLY fast compared to basically what everyone else has seen. Not impossible I guess, but temper yourself for a possible let down.

Less than one month from order to queued up for production? That'd be REALLY fast compared to basically what everyone else has seen. Not impossible I guess, but temper yourself for a possible let down.
Well that’s what he told me. That doesn’t mean it’s true. However, one guy had his vin the day after he ordered.

Well that’s what he told me. That doesn’t mean it’s true. However, one guy had his vin the day after he ordered.
Also. I don’t know if it means anything at all, but I had a 2017 F250 that was a manufacturer buy back. Perhaps that could play a role with me since I’m getting back into another Ford. I also had a $2000 coupon from Ford because of the buy back.
Either way, I’m not expecting it until late March. So if it’s earlier then it’s just a bonus

Oh nice man, that’s good to hear cause I ordered November 3rd and my build week is Jan 18 as well. So if you got a window sticker I’d say they are most likely building yours now..I had a priority code of 19 so hopefully mine is shortly after yours

Back