2021 orders. When?

Anyone think this will be delayed with the chip shortage? It’s been in production since 3/19...

Attachments

• 4F83C833-0CCF-494E-88F3-3382133592D0.jpeg
    4F83C833-0CCF-494E-88F3-3382133592D0.jpeg
    91 KB · Views: 36
Anyone think this will be delayed with the chip shortage? It’s been in production since 3/19...
You're fine. You're ahead of a lot of folks here... sooooo....

I just hope they get them out before 4/5 when they’re closing the factory for two weeks due to that chip shortage.
According to the article below, that won’t impact Super Duty builds only the Lincoln Corsair and Ford Escape

Attachments

• C25DCD15-72C7-4008-AA2F-674694D5D25B.png
    C25DCD15-72C7-4008-AA2F-674694D5D25B.png
    706.1 KB · Views: 16
Ordered 12/30/20, truck arrived at the dealer today, 03/31/21. Total wait was 13 weeks. Got to take her around the block even though it was still in transport mode. I can't wait to take her home tomorrow.
Truck1.jpg

Your giving me high Hope's for mine...still showing in production tho...
I thought it might be interesting to see when you're placed your order, received confirmation of order, build week and when you receive your truck.

I ordered my '21 tremor king ranch antimatter/stone gray on oct 3rd. I had the order confirmed oct 7th. Priority 12. Build week November 23.
No delivery date yet but dealer is thinking just before Christmas. The attached picture is of the blue jeans/ stone gray 2020. I have no idea what to expect of the antimatter/ gray.
Cant get my vin search to work. Im in canada. Dealer said build date if may 10. Just wanted to follow online myself. Any suggestions?

I think yours is on schedule. My tracking sheet has been weird all along. Other than the Order Confirmed, everything else had been blank until about Mar 10 when it finally showed in production about a week late. I ordered on 1/20 and within a week the dealer had a VIN for me and an estimated build date and delivery date. None of that showed up on the tracking page. It still shows in production today but the dealer has contacted me an said they should receive the truck by 4/09. I don't know where they are getting their info but the tracking page is still mostly blank. Seems like a very hit and miss system based an many other comments over the past couple months following the various posts. I trust the salesman, I've purchased through him for the past 16 years and he's a straight shooter. My wife is away till Friday evening, it would be awesome if he called back tomorrow and said it had arrived. I'd love to pick her up at the airport Friday evening in the new truck! Wishful I know. :sneaky:

Last edited:
I definitely understand your concern, but I would try and not worry too much about it. The tracker updated to show my truck starting production on 03/16, and continued to show in production until Monday or Tuesday this week (03/29-03/30). During which time the tracker updated my estimated delivery from 04/03 to 04/13, and then to 04/18, before then going back to 04/13 earlier this week. The tracker then showed that the truck was built and awaiting shipment. Then this morning the tracker updated to show my truck was delivered today. The dealership let me know the truck was in fact there and that their tracking system still showed the truck was built but sitting at the plant. My tracker never showed the truck in shipment. I only mention all of this to say Ford's ability to track these trucks and provides updates seems to be pretty inaccurate, and not to invest too much emotion into it. I worried about mine being "In Production" for that long and clearly they were pushing it through the system without accurate updates to the tracker.

We must be on the same production line - similar date for how long it's been in production.
I just hope they get them out before 4/5 when they’re closing the factory
SV is correct, the super duty is one of the few plants not affected by the chips. Ford’s money makers always get first dibs!!
that’s good to hear! I appreciate that news!!

I definitely understand your concern, but I would try and not worry too much about it. The tracker updated to show my truck starting production on 03/16, and continued to show in production until Monday or Tuesday this week (03/29-03/30). During which time the tracker updated my estimated delivery from 04/03 to 04/13, and then to 04/18, before then going back to 04/13 earlier this week. The tracker then showed that the truck was built and awaiting shipment. Then this morning the tracker updated to show my truck was delivered today. The dealership let me know the truck was in fact there and that their tracking system still showed the truck was built but sitting at the plant. My tracker never showed the truck in shipment. I only mention all of this to say Ford's ability to track these trucks and provides updates seems to be pretty inaccurate, and not to invest too much emotion into it. I worried about mine being "In Production" for that long and clearly they were pushing it through the system without accurate updates to the tracker.
I appreciate that man, I do seem to worry too much ha. Thanks!

My tracker page finally updated today as well and now shows built. The estimated deliver went out to 4/21 yesterday and now it is back to 4/16. Sweaty palms all over again. Got a quote yesterday from my local A.R.E. cap dealer for a Z model fiberglass cap.

Side note:
Someone double check because it’s driving me crazy. I was just rebuilding my F250 lariat w/ tremor package on Fords website (checking pricing changes) and I swear they have removed the rain sensing wipers/heated steering wheel option. It’s just gone and I’ve spent the last 20 minutes trying to find it

Side note:
Someone double check because it’s driving me crazy. I was just rebuilding my F250 lariat w/ tremor package on Fords website (checking pricing changes) and I swear they have removed the rain sensing wipers/heated steering wheel option. It’s just gone and I’ve spent the last 20 minutes trying to find it

My understanding is it's never been available on the Ford build site. Costco allows it, and it is a valid option. Just the build site is broken.

Side note:
The dealership should be able to add it to the build when you place the order. They should be able to confirm this.

Latest Discussions

Back