2021 orders. When?

Well that would make sense of some of my experience. Well if that’s the case it’s sounding like either wait 6 months for a 22, buy off a lot, or start looking at another option. Well I’ll wait till Monday to hear what they have to say.

Yep. I hope you get good news tomorrow. My dealer was pretty hesitant initially and was making it clear he was thinking my order would show up in August. He heard from his Ford rep and seemed to have the impression that an actual customer order with an X plan PIN would get some priority to be done sooner. I have no idea of their allocation. They're a small town dealer where almost all of their business is customer orders, so I think that might help them?

I placed my order on Wednesday 1/20/21 and received a copy of my priced DORA that evening from my salesman.
Not sure if I have a VIN, it looks like the form shows the first few numbers of a vin.
I was planning on checking back in with the salesman this Thursday

I THINK the first chunk of the VIN is known because it tells you generic things about the vehicle - manufacturer, model, GVWR, maybe even powertrain and vehicle length?

My understanding is when Ford pulls the order they give the dealer a VIN and a build week, and this seems to happen on Thursdays? No idea of the reliability of that timing. What I've gathered from FTE and Blue Oval forum posts.

The salesman seemed pretty happy about getting the DORA back from Ford the same
Day as placing the order.
So I’m guessing that’s a good sign
This is my first time ordering a vehicle
So it’s all new to me

My tracker says 5 days away for my truck. Estimated 16 days from Kentucky to the Los Angeles area. Window Sticker says convoy which I find odd for the distance from the plant.
Mine said convoy but changed to rail. I’m in Utah near Salt Lake City, so I hope it’s a relatively direct rail route from KY and it doesn’t take the full 26 days.

Mine said convoy but changed to rail. I’m in Utah near Salt Lake City, so I hope it’s a relatively direct rail route from KY and it doesn’t take the full 26 days.
What is your tracker telling you now date wise?
When did it ship? Estimated delivery date?

I placed an order for an F350 Tremor with the 7.3L on 12/22/20. The dealer (Ken Garff in St. George) told me at that time that it would be probably months before I would see a truck due to holidays, etc.

I have been keeping in touch with him and he told me Monday that I would get a VIN this coming Wednesday 1/27/21.

Last edited:
The varied experiences from person to person with VIN’s and timelines are bizarre.

I ordered Friday 12/04, had a VIN a couple of days later, and at the same time was as I told a build week of 01/25 (per dealer). My VIN showed up on the Ford order site and Alumizilla instantly, and has said “order processing” ever since, even though my build week should be starting.

The varied experiences from person to person with VIN’s and timelines are bizarre.

I ordered Friday 12/04, had a VIN a couple of days later, and at the same time was as I told a build week of 01/25 (per dealer). My VIN showed up on the Ford order site and Alumizilla instantly, and has said “order processing” ever since, even though my build week should be starting.

So your dealer had allocation, there were no known commodity issues with your order, and your order had the right sort of combination that it was best to schedule it during the 01/25 build week.

Once you have a VIN you also have a build week. Not all dealers are savvy enough to know this, or know how to find that information. Others might also not want to share the build week so as to not get customers set up for disappointment if there's an unexpected supply chain issue.

So your dealer had allocation, there were no known commodity issues with your order, and your order had the right sort of combination that it was best to schedule it during the 01/25 build week.

Once you have a VIN you also have a build week. Not all dealers are savvy enough to know this, or know how to find that information. Others might also not want to share the build week so as to not get customers set up for disappointment if there's an unexpected supply chain issue.
Do I have a build week for sure? I can't say that for certainty; I've only been told that. I'm now within my build week and there's not been any movement on any of the sites I can look at.

I'm not saying your wrong. I hope you're right.

I'm sure my dealer was okay with allocation - they're absolutely massive.

Do I have a build week for sure? I can't say that for certainty; I've only been told that. I'm now within my build week and there's not been any movement on any of the sites I can look at.

My understanding from reading Blue Oval and FTE threads on this is that Ford issues the VIN when they schedule the build, and won't issue a VIN for a vehicle that isn't scheduled to be built. Obviously things can happen - see the COVID plant shutdown last year and then the resulting chip shortages happening now as examples for how things can go wrong.

I ordered mine 11/11 had my vin 11/16 was supposed to have a build week of 1/18 but still says in order processing contacted my dealer and salesman said he contacted his Ford rep and it’s supposed to be delivered mid February I’m hoping the tracking site is just wrong

My estimation based on my observations/interpretations of the behavior of Alumizilla and Ford's vehicle tracker webpage, compared with what my friendly dealer has been telling me along the way...is that my Tremor will most likely be delivered right on the estimated delivery date that my dealer received with my VIN a month and a half ago. The trackers seem to just be inconsistently updating. My guess is those responsible for said updating are working remotely from home and their process just isn't as efficient as normal. Just my $0.02, nothing more. That's factoring in the wealth of information exchanged on this forum, as well. Furthermore, this is my first experience spec-ing and ordering a vehicle. Overall, it's been a blast despite my childlike impatience. I do feel for the guys/gals looking to order who may get lost in the model year scheduling shuffle though. Keep the faith.

What is your tracker telling you now date wise?
When did it ship? Estimated delivery date?
This is all it says right now:
A946875B-D35F-4B05-B606-2B534F1AEB01.png

This is all it says right now: View attachment 15218
You should see your Status change to "In Transit" this coming week... your delivery date looks pretty accuracte compared to the dates I have seen thrown out there. Mine had a Production date of 01/12/21, but was finally built 01/20/21 and is now in transit with a delivery date of 02/08/21 - East Coast. Hang in there!

Explain this one to me? Anyone? How slow is this train?! :cry: The dealer however said that he still sees a 02/01 delivery on his screen. It just goes to prove the theory of most of us here that you can't trust this tracking site. Not completely anyway. If the numbers look crazy off, just give it time or call the dealer to confirm what you're seeing is accurate. Fingers crossed for Feb. 1st!

Screenshot 2021-01-25 104809.png

Last edited:
Just moved to "In Production" at 12:01 AM this morning.

Ordered 11/24- F350 Lariat 7.3 Lithium
VIN- Mid December
Status update to "In Production" 1/15 12:01am
Window sticker available 1/15 7:30am
Update on my order:

1/25 Status updated: "Awaiting Shipment"

11/24 Order placed
1/15 Status: "In Production" and window sticker is available
1/23 Production Date
1/24 Original estimated delivery date of 2/17
1/25 Estimated delivery date moved up to 2/14

My truck will be shipped by rail to New York.

Back