2021 orders. When?

Ordered 3/8
Received 8/11
DECDE30C-B477-4419-B38F-0A952D705165.jpeg

What an interesting time to order a custom truck. She already feels tainted by the fact that ‘22s were getting delivered sooner.

Ordered 3/8
Received 8/11
View attachment 30438
What an interesting time to order a custom truck. She already feels tainted by the fact that ‘22s were getting delivered sooner.
Yeah but your cup holders light up and you have under hood light...who really needs a big fancy screen...

My '21 also finally arrived this week, which was also ordered on 3-2-2021. Unfortunately, it arrived 7 days too late so I will pick it up in October. I will get another 6K miles on my F-150 free of charge outside of poor gas mileage. Was starting to think that it was just my imagination that I had ordered one.

PART_1629996100691.png

Mine showed up today finally!!
8/30!!! I can’t even complain, it was totally worth the wait. My xplan was honored and I got an amazing deal on the truck. Everyone at the dealer was drooling and they couldn’t believe it was an actual tremor. Apparently that’s only the second one they’ve ever had gotten. The 7.3 is a beast, you almost forget that you are in a semi as my wife says. She also likes the cab lights 😊
Today was a good day.

Well...

I have a new target date on that tracker page. Supposedly by the 23rd of September I will have that 2021 I ordered six months ago.

I think I'm going to take it but I'm not 100%. On one hand, I like the interior better with the smaller screen and symmetrical knobs on the center dash, on the other I picked antimatter blue which by itself is fine, but I didn't think things through. I'm attaching a couple of the more accurate pictures I've seen. Notice how the trim, tires, boards, all look 'ford grey' rather than black?

Yeah, and that's brand new - if you've ever owned a Ford a while, you know that grey plastic look only becomes lighter and more pronounced with age.

The 2022 I ordered can't be more than 4-5 weeks behind, and it's Star-something, basically it's metallic white. Now that's a color I can work with, I'll be painting the hood, tailgate, and assorted bits. The greys should all look black because of the drawn contrast of the white. Problem is that 12 inch screen wedged into that dash, have you seen that side by side user interface they've rigged up? It's like a tablet and a phone ui thrown together on one screen; it's goofy. So, there are ups and downs to each.

Former long term residents of this thread, would you keep your '21 if a '22 was five or so weeks behind? Do you feel you're missing any particular convenience of a '22 model year, like one less year of built-in depreciation on a brand new delivery? Maybe you have one too many hood lights? Perhaps your cupholders blind you in the eveningtime.

I joke, but only just. It's a hard call.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• 13-IMG_0040.JPG
    13-IMG_0040.JPG
    213.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 11-IMG_0031.JPG
    11-IMG_0031.JPG
    230 KB · Views: 40
I love my 21 but is star metallic white, blacked out with folding running boards..I have had zero issues with my purgatory truck..just hit 2k.

I agree the big screen looks like an after thought
My concern with our purgatory trucks isn't that they will have problems new. Its that a lack of necessary lubrication due to sitting for months might result in improper contact along the cylinder wall causing micro abrasions to be created the first few times it's fired up. There's a reason Ford is so specific with those break in procedures... The kind of trouble ignoring early life care brings doesn't fully manifest itself until much later. It's kind of like being born with a mild form of arthritis. It won't really matter at first because youth will carry it through, but invariably it's trajectory will diverge drastically from what it could have otherwise been.

Unless each individual engine is torn down and inspected, literally no one can say whether there will be an issue. After all, it's not like anyone at the service center can claim to have ever seen a situation like ours before, can they?

The 2022 I ordered is that white color. It looks sharp.

My concern with our purgatory trucks isn't that they will have problems new. Its that a lack of necessary lubrication due to sitting for months might result in improper contact along the cylinder wall causing micro abrasions to be created the first few times it's fired up. There's a reason Ford is so specific with those break in procedures... The kind of trouble ignoring early life care brings doesn't fully manifest itself until much later. It's kind of like being born with a mild form of arthritis. It won't really matter at first because youth will carry it through, but invariably it's trajectory will diverge drastically from what it could have otherwise been.

Unless each individual engine is torn down and inspected, literally no one can say whether there will be an issue. After all, it's not like anyone at the service center can claim to have ever seen a situation like ours before, can they?

The 2022 I ordered is that white color. It looks sharp.
Mine had 34 miles on it when got to dealership plenty of lube IMO..my tracking sheet only showed it off site for a couple weeks..Get your tracking sheet from you dealer and it will show exactly how long it was offsite..might help with you decision.
20210903_103917.jpg

Last edited:
Problem is that 12 inch screen wedged into that dash, have you seen that side by side user interface they've rigged up? It's like a tablet and a phone ui thrown together on one screen; it's goofy. So, there are ups and downs to each.

Exactly. This is why I’d stick with the 2021.

The 2022 screen / dash / Sync 4 is a really poor design. Made worse by being so prominent.

I was planning to trade for a 2022 because I want the diesel, but seeing the screen/software convinced me to wait and see what the next redesign brings.

Your truck will be fine despite sitting a few months. It’s completely normal for new vehicles to sit for some months. Every European car I’ve ever bought had been built 6+ months before I picked it up from the dealer.

Well...

I have a new target date on that tracker page. Supposedly by the 23rd of September I will have that 2021 I ordered six months ago.

I think I'm going to take it but I'm not 100%. On one hand, I like the interior better with the smaller screen and symmetrical knobs on the center dash, on the other I picked antimatter blue which by itself is fine, but I didn't think things through. I'm attaching a couple of the more accurate pictures I've seen. Notice how the trim, tires, boards, all look 'ford grey' rather than black?

Yeah, and that's brand new - if you've ever owned a Ford a while, you know that grey plastic look only becomes lighter and more pronounced with age.

The 2022 I ordered can't be more than 4-5 weeks behind, and it's Star-something, basically it's metallic white. Now that's a color I can work with, I'll be painting the hood, tailgate, and assorted bits. The greys should all look black because of the drawn contrast of the white. Problem is that 12 inch screen wedged into that dash, have you seen that side by side user interface they've rigged up? It's like a tablet and a phone ui thrown together on one screen; it's goofy. So, there are ups and downs to each.

Former long term residents of this thread, would you keep your '21 if a '22 was five or so weeks behind? Do you feel you're missing any particular convenience of a '22 model year, like one less year of built-in depreciation on a brand new delivery? Maybe you have one too many hood lights? Perhaps your cupholders blind you in the eveningtime.

I joke, but only just. It's a hard call.

Thoughts?
I see what you mean by the gray look. The black ford goes with isn’t very dark at all and the blue does sort of throw off the contrast of it. I don’t think it looks bad, and it probably looks more light in the sun like this picture. The sync4 doesn’t look right to me, I’m not a fan of tablet sized screens in the dash either . 🤞well hopefully every runs properly and doesn’t have any future issues, I’ll be suing Ford at that point. A custom truck built just to sit OUTSIDE! Not even under an awning or something like that. IN THE SUMMER HEAT!!!

Last edited:
It occurs to me I haven't put a cap on this thread. I'm not sure how many '21s are outstanding but I'm pretty sure I was one of the last.
I took delivery about a week ago.

Attachments

• Tremor 001.jpg
    Tremor 001.jpg
    456.9 KB · Views: 38
I can’t even describe the feeling of driving her the very first time. So so exciting! As tough as the wait was, it was totally worth it as soon as I first saw her!!

View attachment 16916View attachment 16917
One year anniversary of picking up this beast of a truck! Love it just as much as day 1. We’ve been through some things this year - Our bond has only grown stronger.

I thought it might be interesting to see when you're placed your order, received confirmation of order, build week and when you receive your truck.

I ordered my '21 tremor king ranch antimatter/stone gray on oct 3rd. I had the order confirmed oct 7th. Priority 12. Build week November 23.
No delivery date yet but dealer is thinking just before Christmas. The attached picture is of the blue jeans/ stone gray 2020. I have no idea what to expect of the antimatter/ gray.
i ordered a 22 camo gray 7.3 lariat loaded on 11/06/21 with a order confirmed on 11/07/22 , Priority 19 changed to 10 with nothing since but crickets

i ordered a 22 camo gray 7.3 lariat loaded on 11/06/21 with a order confirmed on 11/07/22 , Priority 19 changed to 10 with nothing since but crickets
Patience grasshopper, when the build starts it happens in days, then depending on where you live, shipping can be one day or 4 or more weeks. Unfortunately the orders over the past 6 months have stretched out considerably but the arrival day is all the more sweeter. 🍻 👊:cool:

Latest Discussions

Back