2021 Order is in...thoughts on options

stp07030

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 f350 Lariat Tremor
Hi all, here is my order for a 2021 Lariat which went in this past week. I just added the heated steering wheel (code 60W). Am I missing any must haves? I have no desire for the moon roof and I cant see the $1600 backup camera option. I really wish you could order a larger fuel tank for the occasional travel trailer trip. The following tires and wheels are going on the day it is delivered (thanks to great advice from a few other members). Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35x12.5x18 and black Method 305 NV HD 18x9 wheels. Please let me know your thoughts? Thanks

Attachments

• f350 order 6-Sep-2020.jpg
    f350 order 6-Sep-2020.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 479
Looks like a nice build. You'll love the Methods :D

It looks like you need to go with King Ranch or higher to get the power adjustable steering wheel?

Why does it say 10000 lb gvwr package? Should be 11500? Did your dealerr delete the upgraded payload sticker? Better confirm that!

Why does it say 10000 lb gvwr package? Should be 11500? Did your dealerr delete the upgraded payload sticker? Better confirm that!
Thanks, I think you have to get the 8 foot bed to get the 11,400 GVWR? Does anyone know for sure? This is from the 2021 order guide:
11,400 (SRW)/13,000 (DRW Only) GVWR PACKAGE (68L)
Availability:
● Optional on F-350 SRW:
— 4x4 with 6.2L Gas Engine and 18” or 20” A/T Tires
○ SuperCab 164” WB (8’ box)
○ Crew Cab 176” WB (8’ box)
— 4x4 with 7.3L Gas Engine and 18” or 20” A/T Tires

Thanks, I think you have to get the 8 foot bed to get the 11,400 GVWR? Does anyone know for sure? This is from the 2021 order guide:
11,400 (SRW)/13,000 (DRW Only) GVWR PACKAGE (68L)
Availability:
● Optional on F-350 SRW:
— 4x4 with 6.2L Gas Engine and 18” or 20” A/T Tires
— 4x4 with 7.3L Gas Engine and 18” or 20” A/T Tires
No. The tremor option is supposed to auto switch to 11.5K lbs. You should call your dealer asap bc he fucked up your order.

You cant get a tremor w 8 foot bed. Your dealer deleted the payload.

Tremor adds 11500 gvwr. Its not the same as the 11400 lb package.

No. The tremor option is supposed to auto switch to 11.5K lbs. You should call your dealer asap bc he fucked up your order.

You cant get a tremor w 8 foot bed. Your dealer deleted the payload.

Tremor adds 11500 gvwr. Its not the same as the 11400 lb package.
OK thanks....I will get hold of him right away!

OK thanks....I will get hold of him right away!
Should be easy to fix at this point. Nightmare to try to correct after delivery.

If he tries to tell you otherwise talk to a manger or go to another dealer.

Check the "actual payload" thread on here and you will see everyone has 11.5K payload sticker.

Should be easy to fix at this point. Nightmare to try to correct after delivery.

If he tries to tell you otherwise talk to a manger or go to another dealer.

Check the "actual payload" thread on here and you will see everyone has 11.5K payload sticker.
Hi, I just read that thread. Many thanks for calling this out. That would have been a really stupid mistake.

just to note there's actually no physical difference between a truck with a 10000 lb sticker and a 11500 lb sticker, but if you plan to haul anything and get in a wreck when over your weight rating as specified on the sticker, you're going to get absolutely destroyed by insurance and potential lawsuits.

Hi, I just read that thread. Many thanks for calling this out. That would have been a really stupid mistake.
yw...I'm glad I caught it. Not even sure how a dealer fucks that up because from what I understand the 11.5K sticker is automatically added when selecting tremor package on F350 and 10800 on F250 so he has to like go out of his way to delete it.

I haven't actually ordered a truck yet but this is what I understand from everything I've read here and on the FB group.

yw...I'm glad I caught it. Not even sure how a dealer fucks that up because from what I understand the 11.5K sticker is automatically added when selecting tremor package on F350 and 10800 on F250 so he has to like go out of his way to delete it.

I haven't actually ordered a truck yet but this is what I understand from everything I've read here and on the FB group.
I checked it on the 2020 build your own list i emailed the dealer. I thought it was an upgrade and it was 'no cost' lol.......you think he would have called it out for me though right??

I checked it on the 2020 build your own list i emailed the dealer. I thought it was an upgrade and it was 'no cost' lol.......you think he would have called it out for me though right??
IDK but check this link....Click on the link in TrackRats post to see his window sticker which clearly shows 11500# gvwr.

Maybe show that to him if he comes back with any nonsense.

Let me chime in on the $1600 camera option. I live in Denver, and let me tell you once you have the camera it makes all the difference in the world. My previous diesel had sensors on the front, and the 360 camera. and it let me maneuver a ton. The f250 doesnt have the front the sensor, but at least having the 360 camera helps. perhaps ive just got use to having it for so long, but i wont drive another 3/4-1 ton without it. now if you live anywhere remote and are not in a highly populated area, probably not needed. It was a must for me, and stopped me from purchasing a couple tremors when i had a chance cause i wanted that option.

Let me chime in on the $1600 camera option. I live in Denver, and let me tell you once you have the camera it makes all the difference in the world. My previous diesel had sensors on the front, and the 360 camera. and it let me maneuver a ton. The f250 doesnt have the front the sensor, but at least having the 360 camera helps. perhaps ive just got use to having it for so long, but i wont drive another 3/4-1 ton without it. now if you live anywhere remote and are not in a highly populated area, probably not needed. It was a must for me, and stopped me from purchasing a couple tremors when i had a chance cause i wanted that option.
Thanks for the input....I am going to think about it....I guess another way of looking at it is if it saves you from running into something one time it probably pays for itself?

Thanks for the input....I am going to think about it....I guess another way of looking at it is if it saves you from running into something one time it probably pays for itself?
So here is what i did. I test drove 7-8 different trucks, different dealers, trying to figure out what i wanted. Go drive a truck that does have it. vs one that doesnt. the whole trailer reverse backup option is hit or miss ive heard. but if you can find a platinum (they all have it) or a lariat with the package. go give it a spin, it will let you know whether or not youll use it, or need or want it.

So here is what i did. I test drove 7-8 different trucks, different dealers, trying to figure out what i wanted. Go drive a truck that does have it. vs one that doesnt. the whole trailer reverse backup option is hit or miss ive heard. but if you can find a platinum (they all have it) or a lariat with the package. go give it a spin, it will let you know whether or not youll use it, or need or want it.
Will do....you really got me thinking about it now.... thanks

The Cameras are so worth it driving in a city or just in a tight parking spot ... Or off roading they are worth the $1600 just Wich it was just the cameras and not the back up assist but it for the woman more then me ... But it there ... Better resale value is one way to look at it

IDK but check this link....Click on the link in TrackRats post to see his window sticker which clearly shows 11500# gvwr.

Maybe show that to him if he comes back with any nonsense.

jhblaze1 Im still so confused with GVWR. I went F250. 10800 GVWR. why would i want to lower it with 10,000 GVWR option. Now I'm under the impression i can get a new Stronger spring pack to add towing rate. I dont want to go to the dealer and back out of another order to switch to a F 350. i backed out of a 2020. Wish I now went with a F350 but im also wanting to get it asap so my build is still going to be sick. But now if I'm towing a RV and a 1,000lbs Harley Davidson and im a bit over the weight im now worried if i get into an accident. Please in the most basic terms. Thanks Brother. I saw LA was hotter than shit this weekend. I hope you were able to stay ccol.

Back