2021 or 2022

Mountaincat900

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 Ford F350 CC LB 6.7
Hmm decisions, decisons order a 2021 or wait till this time next year order a 2022 which will be probably be revised like the f150 8 inch sync 4 etc. ?

Way things are going these days who knows what next year is bringing us. I had the same thoughts but I ordered 2021. Hard enough waiting for 21. 22 would drive me nuts.

Yea isn't that the truth called in my options to the dealer waiting for the numbers. I do have 2500 customer cash that expires Jan 4 2021. Would have to be delivered by then though.

Put an order in now for the 2021 to use your cash! These trucks are awesome who cars if they upgrade a screen there is so many other great things about the truck.

I need the Tremor before next year’s hurricane season. So, it’ll be a 2021 for me.

Yep now I need my dealer to get me some numbers then the hard part convincing the supreme allied commander (aka Wifey). Then getting it ordered in time to use the $2500.00 which expires Jan 4 2021 going to be tight. Lot of things got to come together just like bow hunting elk .

2021's should be rock solid. 10 years worth of perfection and getting the bugs out.
2022...totally new truck...however, maybe Ford will install the cp3 pump like Ram

I gave that 27 seconds of thought. I like the setup of my '16 F150 and figured that if the '22s go like everything else they will remove all the buttons and switches which I can find without looking - much quicker and safer than having to go through some stupid touch screen.

2021's should be rock solid. 10 years worth of perfection and getting the bugs out.
2022...totally new truck...however, maybe Ford will install the cp3 pump like Ram
I read that the f250 and up are not changing till the next full redesign.

I ordered 1/28/21, a 2021 F-350 XLT Tremor 6.7. Still no vin. I'd expect a vin sometime this month.

My sales guy says order banks for 2021's close 3/14/21.

2022 order banks open 3/15/21.

So if my build date is scheduled after 3/15 (which is a strong possibility)

Does this mean I will get a 2022....my sales guy said yes, but I am not sure about this...

I ordered 1/28/21, a 2021 F-350 XLT Tremor 6.7. Still no vin. I'd expect a vin sometime this month.

My sales guy says order banks for 2021's close 3/14/21.

2022 order banks open 3/15/21.

So if my build date is scheduled after 3/15 (which is a strong possibility)

Does this mean I will get a 2022....my sales guy said yes, but I am not sure about this...
No. The order banks open that day meaning they start taking orders. they don’t start building until the summertime. I think it was June they start building.

No. The order banks open that day meaning they start taking orders. they don’t start building until the summertime. I think it was June they start building.
Oh I see. So for me to get the 2022, I would have to switch my order over to the 2022 model year, starting 3/15/21, and loose the deposit I currently have on the 21 build..

I doubt there will be much that has changed from 2021 model year to 2022.

I cant find any info really online. I know 2023 is the re-design.

I will just stay the course I am on with the 21 build.

Thank you

Oh I see. So for me to get the 2022, I would have to switch my order over to the 2022 model year, starting 3/15/21, and loose the deposit I currently have on the 21 build..

I doubt there will be much that has changed from 2021 model year to 2022.

I cant find any info really online. I know 2023 is the re-design.

I will just stay the course I am on with the 21 build.

Thank you

That'd be pretty shitty of them to keep your deposit if you converted from 2021 to 2022 before your 2021 order was scheduled.

I'm in about the same boat as you. Will have to figure out what I want to do if my 2021 gets scheduled for late April or May. Probably just see if the 2022 included anything that I'd really want to have to wait another couple months more.

That'd be pretty shitty of them to keep your deposit if you converted from 2021 to 2022 before your 2021 order was scheduled.

I'm in about the same boat as you. Will have to figure out what I want to do if my 2021 gets scheduled for late April or May. Probably just see if the 2022 included anything that I'd really want to have to wait another couple months more.
Exactly. If the 2022's had a cp3 pump or more torque haha (to eclipse Ram's 1075 for 21)...then it may be worth it. Crazy there is virtually no info I can find on the 2022 model year changes

Exactly. If the 2022's had a cp3 pump or more torque haha (to eclipse Ram's 1075 for 21)...then it may be worth it. Crazy there is virtually no info I can find on the 2022 model year changes

No info likely means no real changes. It COULD mean Ford did a really good job keeping it under wraps. But I think they'd be hyping the crap out of a major redesign.

I think the changes made will be small and mostly cosmetic. Not enough to worry over 21 vs 22.

My understanding is that the back and forth torque contest between Ram and Ford is more bark than bite. For 2020, Ford increased HP and torque. Ram only increased torque. Regardless, the CPU protects the driveline, so all that torque isn't delivered till way up in the gears, if at all. The Duramax hasn't increased torque for since MY 17 and it sill tows pretty much just as much MY 21 Rams and Fords.

The PowerStroke woulda been the biggest baddest semi engine not that many years ago! One good thing about Ram is that you can get the de-rated puny 850 ft/lb engine. And you can only get the de-rated PS in a F550 for your 3 yard dumptruck.

How much is too much?

Back