2021 Lariat Black Appearance Package + Power Steps

bkeener

Tremor Newbie
Reaction Points
Current Ride
f250
Dealer is telling me you can not order a Lariat ultimate + Lariat Black Appearance pkg with power steps. Its strange because when I build it as a 2020 online it would let me. I know AMP steps are only a few hundred more but would have been nice to have factory installed.

I know a few things have changed as I read that I need to order code 60W to get a heated steering wheel in 2021 vs the windshield washer de-icer pkg in 2020.

This is not a Tremor, just a 350 Lariat, I read this forum though because it has best details on new builds and things to add on. Thanks for any help.

PS how do you guys get better priority # on build list, mine is showing 19 on the first build sheet dealer sent me. Seen some on here as low as 12 or 10.
IMG_6953.jpg

Unless it's specific to the 350, which I doubt, dealer is wrong. Here's my order.

2021 Order sheet.jpg

Dealer is telling me you can not order a Lariat ultimate + Lariat Black Appearance pkg with power steps. Its strange because when I build it as a 2020 online it would let me. I know AMP steps are only a few hundred more but would have been nice to have factory installed.

I know a few things have changed as I read that I need to order code 60W to get a heated steering wheel in 2021 vs the windshield washer de-icer pkg in 2020.

This is not a Tremor, just a 350 Lariat, I read this forum though because it has best details on new builds and things to add on. Thanks for any help.

PS how do you guys get better priority # on build list, mine is showing 19 on the first build sheet dealer sent me. Seen some on here as low as 12 or 10. View attachment 5894
The dealer sets your priority code 10-19 is for sold orders. Remind me Monday I’ll see if you can add power boards to your build.

I ordered a '20 Tremor with the Lariat ultimate and black appearance with power steps from the factory without issue. Speak to your dealer

I too just ordered a 2021 Lariat Tremor with ultimate and black appearance pkg and was able to get the power running boards. Maybe the Tremor package opens up the oportunity to get the power boards where a non tremor with sport does not. Take the plunge if you can and join the rest of us. You'll be happy you did. By the way, my dealer changed the priority number from 19 to 10 at my request.

The dealer sets your priority code 10-19 is for sold orders. Remind me Monday I’ll see if you can add power boards to your build.
So you work for Ford. I ordered a 2021 F250 on 8/24 but then went in and changed my order on 9/12 and made it a F350 and added the winch. Im on Long Island NY. I was given a priority code of 80 at first then it got changed to a 19. I called my salesman and said that people are getting their orders pulled and they ordered it after me.
He then had the Ford rep change my Priority to 10. But it wasnt pulled this week. Could it be that the Ford rep is upset that i changed my order.
I did order a 2020 FX4 F350 in April and backed out of it in July after a delay in the truck plants. They didnt want me to back out but i left my 4,000$ deposit with them in April and gave them a 2010 Dodge Charger SXT for 5,200$ in April also. I said i will order a 2021 Tremor from you as soon as they go on sale.
I bought my wife a 2020 Mustang Convertible in May from another Dealer. He gave me it for 40,000$ when MSRP was 45,500$. He said when you order the 2021 Tremor I'll give you a sweet deal. But i had my deposit with the other dealer. i went and ordered it with the original dealer. Now Ive still speak with him and he said its strange my order was not pulled yet and of course said I should have gone to him. Whats your thoughts my man. I've been getting frustrated hearing SO MANY ORDERS GETTING PULED AND GIVEN BUILD DATES :(

Thanks for the advice everyone, talked to dealer this morning and they are going to try again.

any idea what the tremor package does to max payload on an F-350? Thanks!

So you work for Ford. I ordered a 2021 F250 on 8/24 but then went in and changed my order on 9/12 and made it a F350 and added the winch. Im on Long Island NY. I was given a priority code of 80 at first then it got changed to a 19. I called my salesman and said that people are getting their orders pulled and they ordered it after me.
He then had the Ford rep change my Priority to 10. But it wasnt pulled this week. Could it be that the Ford rep is upset that i changed my order.
I did order a 2020 FX4 F350 in April and backed out of it in July after a delay in the truck plants. They didnt want me to back out but i left my 4,000$ deposit with them in April and gave them a 2010 Dodge Charger SXT for 5,200$ in April also. I said i will order a 2021 Tremor from you as soon as they go on sale.
I bought my wife a 2020 Mustang Convertible in May from another Dealer. He gave me it for 40,000$ when MSRP was 45,500$. He said when you order the 2021 Tremor I'll give you a sweet deal. But i had my deposit with the other dealer. i went and ordered it with the original dealer. Now Ive still speak with him and he said its strange my order was not pulled yet and of course said I should have gone to him. Whats your thoughts my man. I've been getting frustrated hearing SO MANY ORDERS GETTING PULED AND GIVEN BUILD DATES :(
Your change shouldn’t be a problem as Ford was not pulling any orders yet. They pulled their first 2021 orders two weeks ago but only stock orders. This past Thursday Ford pulled sold orders as well. If your dealer didn’t have any allocation or not enough allocations to cover his orders that might be why yours is still pending. If your at 10 your going to get pulled when they have more allocations

Your change shouldn’t be a problem as Ford was not pulling any orders yet. They pulled their first 2021 orders two weeks ago but only stock orders. This past Thursday Ford pulled sold orders as well. If your dealer didn’t have any allocation or not enough allocations to cover his orders that might be why yours is still pending. If your at 10 your going to get pulled when they have more allocations
Thanks for your wisdom. My salesman said that mine will be pulled on Thursday. So I will see. But if you saw on a different thread, about 10 people have had there orders picked and build dates already. Every couple of hours someone else posting mine was pulled and I have a vin. I’m always super excited for others and never want to rain on anyone’s parade. It was just extremely frustrating thinking I went with the dealer I went with. But it is what it is. Mine will be built soon enough. I’m grateful that you’re on this Forum to give facts to us. Thanks DC.
??✌️

Thanks for your wisdom. My salesman said that mine will be pulled on Thursday. So I will see. But if you saw on a different thread, about 10 people have had there orders picked and build dates already. Every couple of hours someone else posting mine was pulled and I have a vin. I’m always super excited for others and never want to rain on anyone’s parade. It was just extremely frustrating thinking I went with the dealer I went with. But it is what it is. Mine will be built soon enough. I’m grateful that you’re on this Forum to give facts to us. Thanks DC.
??✌
Thursday is the day that Ford picks up the dealers orders. I don’t work for Ford, I work for a dealer and do the ordering.

Thursday is the day that Ford picks up the dealers orders. I don’t work for Ford, I work for a dealer and do the ordering.
Thanks my man.

Did you ever get this question figured out? I am trying to order a 2021 F250 with Lariat Ultimate and the black appearance package with power running boards. My dealer is saying it can't be done. I can build it on the Ford website, but they can't put the order in with both options. I'm not satisfied with that answer :)

When I ordered my 2021 the only way I could add the power running boards with the lariat ultimate package was if I *didn't* add the chrome package. I didn't try with the sport package as I didn't add that to mine.

Did you ever get this question figured out? I am trying to order a 2021 F250 with Lariat Ultimate and the black appearance package with power running boards. My dealer is saying it can't be done. I can build it on the Ford website, but they can't put the order in with both options. I'm not satisfied with that answer :)

The power running boards require the Ultimate package. I have a 21 lariat ultimate/black with the power running boards, so yes it can be done.

+1

I have a pending order F250, Lariat, Ultimate, Black, and added the power running boards.

Ugh. I'm so frustrated. They're getting an error when they try to do both in the ordering system. We do have the ultimate package on there also. The dealer pushed it up, and their rep said "the black package comes with black running boards so it can't come with the power running boards". Any idea what code the dealer inputted to make the order work with both options?

Last edited:
Ugh. I'm so frustrated. They're getting an error when they try to do both in the ordering system. We do have the ultimate package on there also. The dealer pushed it up, and their rep said "the black package comes with black running boards so it can't come with the power running boards". Any idea what code the dealer inputted to make the order work with both options?

This right from 2021 guide page 18,

Attachments

• 2021 Super Duty Pick-Up Order Guide Page 18.pdf
    113.7 KB · Views: 88
So I have a recommendation for you all....If your gonna lift or level....get the power running boards! If your not keep the Raptor style boards.....the Raptor style are bullet proof, protect your paint, and easily hold Mine and the ole ladies fat ass no freakin problem!!!

Latest Discussions

Back