2021 Head Light Bulbs

Dfresh12

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 Ford F-250 Tremor
Anyone put any after market LED bulbs in place for the regular headlights. If so which kind and brand and part number?

Plenty of people will sell them to you, but they're an extraordinarily bad idea. Halogen housing scatter LED light and blind oncoming traffic. You instantly become 'that guy' who ruins night driving for everyone else.

You should buy housings specifically for LEDs. There's no cheap shortcut to good lighting.

Plenty of people will sell them to you, but they're an extraordinarily bad idea. Halogen housing scatter LED light and blind oncoming traffic. You instantly become 'that guy' who ruins night driving for everyone else.

You should buy housings specifically for LEDs. There's no cheap shortcut to good lighting.
I agree about the shortcut part. I know that putting HIDs into halogen housings scatters the light directly into the retinas of oncoming traffic (I can't tell you how many trucks and cars that I encounter on my commute that piss me off on a daily basis). I had HIDs (4300K, none of that super blue colored BS) in projector housings that did great, as there was a definitive cutoff to the light pattern.

But, I didn't realize that the LEDs had the same effect as HIDs when it came to blinding people, as I've never ran them.
I do know that the light pattern on some of them are abysmal, and people seem to equate a cooler color temperature (whiter to bluer light) as being brighter, when you look at some of the trucks and realize that they're about half the "brightness" of the stock halogen bulbs. I guess that's a price people are willing to pay to appear to look "cool."

OP, this isn't directed at you. Just relaying my experience and trying to understand these LEDs.

Perhaps there are some out there with similar light dispersion as halogens, but with the increased output of LEDs? If this isn't the case, then what is the solution? The factory Superduty LED lights blind the heck out of me, but I seem to be more sensitive to the high color temp. light.
But at least they are focused to limit the scattering. I get the instant blindness from the beam then it subsides, unlike HIDs that blind me the whole time.

Hey guys just throwing my 2 cents in about my LED's. I've been running the company "ALLA"'s bulbs in my trucks for a while and I've now done my whole Tremor with them. I watched a few videos about installing the headlight bulbs and most of them show you have to remove the whole grille and unbolting the headlamp assembly. I was able to reach the driver's side with no problem, and the passenger side was accessible after removing the airbox. Just thought id drop some advice in the thread. Enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_3382.jpg
    IMG_3382.jpg
    317.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3383.jpg
    IMG_3383.jpg
    370.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3384.jpg
    IMG_3384.jpg
    323.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3385.jpg
    IMG_3385.jpg