Admin
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Diesel Tremor
Current Ride #2
2021 Bronco
2021-f150-reveal.png

Ford has officially set the date and time for the reveal of the 2021 Ford F-150. The event will take place June 25th at 8:00 EST. Anyone else plan on watching this? I'm excited to see what tech will be added and this should give us a good idea of what's coming to future Super Dutys.

"As America returns to work, Ford reveals its all-new F-150! The new F-150 is purpose-built to be the toughest, most productive F-150 ever and the most powerful light duty full-size pickup truck on the market."

Here's how you can watch it:

I'll definitely watch. It's a benchmark vehicle that sets the bar for the segment. Since the cabs are the same as with our trucks, any new tech should migrate our way in a year or two.

I wonder if we'll see a new Raptor revealed with the coyote V8 or they stick with the HO ecoboost motor.

Doubt they'll reveal the raptor at the same time. Don't want to distract from the regular trucks. i'm sure the raptor reveal will come later this yer or early next

Doubt they'll reveal the raptor at the same time. Don't want to distract from the regular trucks. i'm sure the raptor reveal will come later this yer or early next

I really hope they wait until 2022-2023 to release the new Raptor. Hopefully that will cause prices to go up and I can sell mine at a decent price ? Right now it seems the market is flooded.

We see a lot of them. Amazing how popular they are as daily drivers. My wife loves it and wants one.

7.3 is too big a motor for that truck. way too much front end weight. I could see a supercharged version of the coyote making it in there but I still contend they'll use the 3.0 or 3.5 ecoboost with the hybrid system from the aviator. Over 600 hp with that set up

7.3 is too big a motor for that truck. way too much front end weight. I could see a supercharged version of the coyote making it in there but I still contend they'll use the 3.0 or 3.5 ecoboost with the hybrid system from the aviator. Over 600 hp with that set up

Godzilla weighs 538 lbs. Ecobost is approx. around 450 lbs. 88 lbs heavier for twice the displacement is not bad at all.

Engine weight source - Watch The Ford 7.3L Godzilla Dyno Pull, Engine Weight Revealed

88 lbs isn't insignificant. More than that, I think the design of the motor doesn't fit the MO of the raptor. Low revving, more low end torque oriented for towing and hauling. I'm sure they could tune the engine differently, it just seems that the internals were built for longevity rather than performance. I just don't see it happening. I could see a boosted version of a smaller v8 making it's way in there. But Ford is whole hog into ecoboosting everything so even that seems unlikely.

Not a spectacular change. Looks like the wireless charger compartment didn’t get any extra room.

I really like the interior upgrades. I think it will put Ford on par with RAM's fit and finish on the inside. Can't wait to see this on the Super Duty in 2022 ? The fold down shifter with the cover over it to create a nice flat surface is cool.

2021-f150-interior1.jpg

The On-board generator is awesome. That would sure come in handy!
2021-onboard-gen.jpg

On board power and the tailgate options are great. I’d love those on my tremor. The interior materials look good but I think the center section looks too big and bulky. Center console table is useful.

Blech, the truck is not very aesthetically pleasing. Looks a bit like the newer GMC trucks. Some cool stuff for utility, but ugly, imho.

Back