Lobber of midgets
Reaction Points
Military
U.S. Army
Current Ride
2022 F350 KR Tremor
Current Ride #2
2020 Shelby GT500
The 2021 RAM TRX looks like a Raptor stomper. I can't wait to see how Ford reacts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope they do a 7.3 badass truck like that, maybe supercharged!
I do too. I can't imagine they won't put a V8 under the hood. I've heard everything from the 7.3 to the supercharged 5.2L in the GT500.

Im a Ford guy but I'll give them credit where its due! They did a fantastic job with the TRX.
It's almost like watching chess pieces being moved. "Oh, you have the wrangler? Well let me introduce you to the Bronco." "Oh you have the Raptor, thats cute, well let me introduce you to the T-REX." While Ford stares with clinched fists and G.M. tries stuffing pudding in it's ear.

GM has completely left the chat. The AT4 is a joke. I just traded my 2020 Trail Boss 6.2 i bought in Feb. Hated it. My 2019 Expedition Platinum pulls 1000x better that that Chev 6.2 with 10spd did. Not joking it did. The Blazer launch is a complete failure. JEEP is getting ready to launch the Wagoner and theyll Hammer it again i bet. GMs only hope is to bring back the Jimmy.

GM has completely left the chat. The AT4 is a joke. I just traded my 2020 Trail Boss 6.2 i bought in Feb. Hated it. My 2019 Expedition Platinum pulls 1000x better that that Chev 6.2 with 10spd did. Not joking it did. The Blazer launch is a complete failure. JEEP is getting ready to launch the Wagoner and theyll Hammer it again i bet. GMs only hope is to bring back the Jimmy.
I know, it's like they're not even in the game anymore. Generating 0 excitement. Well there is the C8 corvette, and that IMHO looks pretty good.

This was additional incentive for me to move out of my 2018 Raptor. If Ford puts another V8 in the Raptor I would expect the value of the Ecoboost Gen 2s to take a pretty good hit. Plus the new generation interiors are a big step up on the F150

That's funny...when I was born, my dad still tells me this, he had to trade in his jeep CJ7 to get a Jimmy...I drove that pos when I got old enough to drive. Haha, v6 felt weaker than current 1.6 liter 4 cylinders, granted it was as old as I was when I got it, 16-ish. Jimmy was also a GMC, doubtful it would be anything like the bronco. Chevy is going to just keep selling trucks and do what they do best, what sells.

Improved upon the Raptor concept at least on paper. Would still give exterior appearance to the Raptor

hopefully Ford takes the cue. Looking forward to Raptor improvements but not sure they implement them for another year or two and maybe trickle up to the Tremor line

Ford, GM, Dodge all move at snail pace. I have worked with them for years and it’s quite frankly frustrating, it’s typical big company syndrome. Dodge has released a compelling threat to the Raptor. Ford should have known this was coming and be ready with an answer - will they have an answer this year? Next? They delivered a great release with the Bronco but it took forever. What I am saying is not controversial- all of my friends, neighbors, family who work for the autos would concur. Having said this, in my opinion they have all improved with their designs - and there are some exciting times ahead given new competitors who are innovating rapidly and some of the performance wars going on. I am not crazy about the TRX exterior- the interior looks great. And I would love to take one for a rip. Just my 2 cents.

Heard the gen3 Raptor will have trailing arm rear suspension which would be game over if they nail the suspension travel. Ford has the team to nail the power plant as well.

Glad to see the TRX finally hit the market. 6.2L supercharged is no joke. The departure angles, suspension travel, water fording, all match the Raptors abilities.

Maybe Ford will finally put a real engine in the Raptor, no more EcoBurst.

A twin turbo 7.3 should be over 700hp, and it is fairly compact design for a V8 so should fit in a Raptor... Maybe this TRX will push them to do it.

A twin turbo 7.3 should be over 700hp, and it is fairly compact design for a V8 so should fit in a Raptor... Maybe this TRX will push them to do it.
That'd be the day...I won't hold my breathe but that would be something amazing, albeit probably more pricey than the current raptor and the TRX.

Latest Discussions

Back