2021 Color Match Mirrors and Handles on Platinum

Poll: Color Match Some Stuff on 2021 Tremor (Lithium Gray, Platinum Trim)

• Yes, Color Match Mirrors and Door Handles

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • No, just represent factory Ford Style

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Remove the 6.7 and Power Stoke Badges Entirely

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Swap out the Tow Hooks for Black

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Black Out the Ford Oval Badges. Still rep team Ford, just soem

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters

J Money

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2019 Ford Raptor
I think I made this poll work on mobile...

Anyways... got a 2021 Lithium Gray Platinum.

Just to confirm... I can remove the 6.7 Badges as well as the Power Stroke badges and there’s no pin or holes remaining?

I saw another thread where they have caps for my mirrors and possibly something for the door handles, all color matched but Lithium Gray is “newish.”

The fact it’s growing on me must mean I’m turning into an old man.

I usually try to remove as many badges as possible on my cars.
I know some stuff needs to “flow” with the Platinum theme but I was thinking of some minor changes.

Regardless I’d think exploring some 3M Clear Film for door edges , behind the handles and maybe up front would be wise?

Aside from the hooks and maybe Blue Oval I think the Front End Stays pretty much stock... or change my mind? Again... the Platinum Trim is growing on me but may as well add some accents where I can.

FCB5D9D4-9EA8-4A3D-BCC0-E7B4B286F079.jpeg

Attachments

• D3F4E992-7A9E-4217-B9E3-8F50BA0200D1.jpeg
    D3F4E992-7A9E-4217-B9E3-8F50BA0200D1.jpeg
    355.9 KB · Views: 212
So good news is lithium gray has been around a while in the F150 and the cab is the same so you can get F150 handles

If you aren't going to do anything with the grill or the rear tailgate applique I would made a decision on the decals and start there. Once you start changing one color you are gonna want to do them all.

I used to modify everything, then it occurred to me that I turn vehicles often enough that it’s just a time and money suck with zero return.

One thing to bear in mind is, If your painted door handle breaks, the manufacturer isn’t going to paint a new one to replace it. They’re installing what came on the truck. Same is true for every other doodad and bauble.

So good news is lithium gray has been around a while in the F150 and the cab is the same so you can get F150 handles

If you aren't going to do anything with the grill or the rear tailgate applique I would made a decision on the decals and start there. Once you start changing one color you are gonna want to do them all.
Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the lame question... you said “make a decision on the decals.”

Did you meal color matched wrap, the 6.7 PowerStoke or the Tremor Decals?

The $3,975.00 Tremor Stickers (Decals) were removed on day 2.

Let me know and thanks for the response!

I used to modify everything, then it occurred to me that I turn vehicles often enough that it’s just a time and money suck with zero return.

One thing to bear in mind is, If your painted door handle breaks, the manufacturer isn’t going to paint a new one to replace it. They’re installing what came on the truck. Same is true for every other doodad and bauble.

You have a decent point. Paint is probably not a wise choice. I believe wraps might be doable though? Or I think I did read something about the mirrors just getting caps that are color matched?

Again... my love affair with the truck has only been in action for a few days now.

Totally get your point on flipping cars too fast. Hoping this one is a keeper. That’s probably going through my mind subconsciously too. I don’t think some wraps will break the bank though.

I can also justify it by protecting the paint because man... the “chrome” door handles have a ton of fingerprints already from the kids. I might need to implement a microfiber wipe down and spot free rinse for their bodies before entering the vehicle.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the lame question... you said “make a decision on the decals.”

Did you meal color matched wrap, the 6.7 PowerStoke or the Tremor Decals?

The $3,975.00 Tremor Stickers (Decals) were removed on day 2.

Let me know and thanks for the response!
No problem,

I will clarify, was talking about the 6.7 powerstroke decals once you get ride of those you will have a clean truck in grey with a nice dash of chrome from front to back. But if you start by taking those off and really love the grey look keep going grey with more items.

When it comes to these types of projects once you start you ware going to want to change the grill, side covers and the tailgate. so you have a couple options there you can go oem black or custom paint them grey/black ect. I find it easier to make a decision when I know the costs of the total project. The front black oem grill is roughly $1000. I dont know what the tailgate would cost.

Love the Lithium Grey, I'm still going back and forth on a Lariat with the black package or a Platinum for a few grand more.

No problem,

I will clarify, was talking about the 6.7 powerstroke decals once you get ride of those you will have a clean truck in grey with a nice dash of chrome from front to back. But if you start by taking those off and really love the grey look keep going grey with more items.

When it comes to these types of projects once you start you ware going to want to change the grill, side covers and the tailgate. so you have a couple options there you can go oem black or custom paint them grey/black ect. I find it easier to make a decision when I know the costs of the total project. The front black oem grill is roughly $1000. I dont know what the tailgate would cost.
Thank talk very much. I think you have a good idea there... maybe I’ll start with removing the badges and go from there.

I’ve never really looked into using protective clear 3M wrap to protect the bumper from chips so just trying to figure it all out before I pull the trigger on protection, and maybe changing colors.

Thanks again!

Love the Lithium Grey, I'm still going back and forth on a Lariat with the black package or a Platinum for a few grand more.
I was all in on the Lariat... I wouldn’t have normally done the Platinum package. But that’s what I was able to get and let me tell ya...

I LOVE the color. My wife’s car is Magnetic and the Lithium is SO much different (flat). With the black accents (wheels) and running boards I’m enjoying it more and more every day.

Oddly the Platinum package added just enough features/bling and “classes” it up a bit although the Lariat Black Package is SO SEXY too.

I never thought I’d like the massaging seats... they are absolutely legit. The leather is a bit nicer too (covered the back seats for the kids and dogs literally at the dealership).

Kind of has the manliness of an XLT work truck with a very “Loud” tailgate.

The only concern I have is people wondering WTF is that guy doing after I add a Carlis Kit and start mobbing through the desert at races.

I vividly remember a Hispanic friend of mine out in Johnson Valley saying “come on man, let’s for for a ride in my Desert Cadillac.” I think the accent and 12 pack in me made it so much more impressionable. (PS... my mom is an immigrant so I have the luxury of making fun of multiple races. But my other half of genetics is Russian/German so we’re as “Murica” as anybody can get because we live in the greatest nation in the world!

i have the black tow hooks for sale if you are anyone else is interested in them... i have a aftermarket bumper

I like the stock trim on the Front looks good.

Back