2021/2022 Tremor order time

MacTremor

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F250
First Responder
LE
Howdy Ladies and Gents. I’ll keep it brief and to the point. I’m new to the forum however I have followed you all closely over the last year and a half. I am close to venturing into the Tremor market and after over a year of research and inquiries I felt like I should direct my last major question to the expert owners themselves.

I have spoke with numerous dealers regarding my custom build/order through Ford. I’m solid and set on the back on black Lariat 6.7 Tremor. No question there. I like the additional 2022 interior sync 4 and screen size however that isn’t a deal breaker for me. What is up in the air is shipment/receiving date.

I want to have the truck ready to roll Aug 1, 2021. I have been told by one dealer that the 2022 can ship by then and another that I should order mid May for the 2021 to be shipped by then. Wondering what your opinions are about 2021/2022 shipment dates considering the 2022 books just having come out.

Thanks to all that can help and I look forward to the continuous solid information here!!!

I"m kind of confused on it also but as I understand it the last day to order was 3/11 for 2021. I ordered 3/13. Later I found the 3/11 cutoff date, informed the dealer which was news to them. Today they tried to find the status of my 3/11 and can't pull it up...kind of out there in limbo so they actually don't know if it'll be built or not. This afternoon they ordered a 2022 for me which I kind of want anyway because of the larger screen. Anyway if the 2021 will be built they'll give me the choice of it or the 22 when the time comes. I think the only thing they're writing orders for now is the 22.

I"m kind of confused on it also but as I understand it the last day to order was 3/11 for 2021. I ordered 3/13. Later I found the 3/11 cutoff date, informed the dealer which was news to them. Today they tried to find the status of my 3/11 and can't pull it up...kind of out there in limbo so they actually don't know if it'll be built or not. This afternoon they ordered a 2022 for me which I kind of want anyway because of the larger screen. Anyway if the 2021 will be built they'll give me the choice of it or the 22 when the time comes. I think the only thing they're writing orders for now is the 22.
Sounds like we are in the same boat. Did they happen to give you an estimated time for the 22? It’s a little surprising that I have had to be the one who told the dealers that we have past a possible cutoff date for the 21... LOL

When I texted my sales guy last week he was surprised so I'm not sure if the information flow from Ford itself was too good. I originally found it on theBlue Oval Forums which might be run by Ford...not sure on that though. Dealer has zero idea on wait time. Build sheet I pulled of the Blue Oval forum shows 5/31 as the last day a 21 will be built. The orders for the 22 started 3/15, scheduling for the 22 starts 4/22, production for the 22 starts 6/01. This is all for the Kentucky plant. I think the big wrench in the whole sheeebang sounds to be chips. Saw where Kentucky was down to 1 shift with not enough parts to be full production. Hopefully the supply side can perk up. Who knows what the Suez canal mess will do to supply if anything.

When I texted my sales guy last week he was surprised so I'm not sure if the information flow from Ford itself was too good. I originally found it on theBlue Oval Forums which might be run by Ford...not sure on that though. Dealer has zero idea on wait time. Build sheet I pulled of the Blue Oval forum shows 5/31 as the last day a 21 will be built. The orders for the 22 started 3/15, scheduling for the 22 starts 4/22, production for the 22 starts 6/01. This is all for the Kentucky plant. I think the big wrench in the whole sheeebang sounds to be chips. Saw where Kentucky was down to 1 shift with not enough parts to be full production. Hopefully the supply side can perk up. Who knows what the Suez canal mess will do to supply if anything.
Thanks!!! All great info and much appreciated!!! I guess time will tell.

I ordered a 2021 on 2/5, never got a VIN from dealer but then cancelled my order due to the changes. Built a 2022 on 3/25.
3/26- salesman calls and tells me that my 2021 order is in....tries to convince me to buy it. I tell him that I'm going to wait on the 2022 due to the Sync 4 system and wireless carplay capabilities. He then tries to tell me that the 2022 will not have this. I had to tell him to look at the build sheet....

I don't know if Ford doesn't tell them what is going on, they just don't pay attention, or they just want to make a sale....

Either way, awaiting the 2022 now......

Reactions: MJL
I ordered a 2021 on 2/5, never got a VIN from dealer but then cancelled my order due to the changes. Built a 2022 on 3/25.
3/26- salesman calls and tells me that my 2021 order is in....tries to convince me to buy it. I tell him that I'm going to wait on the 2022 due to the Sync 4 system and wireless carplay capabilities. He then tries to tell me that the 2022 will not have this. I had to tell him to look at the build sheet....

I don't know if Ford doesn't tell them what is going on, they just don't pay attention, or they just want to make a sale....

Either way, awaiting the 2022 now......
Ya, it sounds like communication w/ the dealers is sub par. Did you have a deposit down on the 2021 you ordered that they then received? Curious how they took that when your told them you weren’t taking the 2021 order

I did have a deposit that I gave them in the form of a check. Luckily, they don’t cash it until you take delivery. They just shredded the check. They really didn’t care that I didn’t want the 21. They said that they will just sell it.

Other than possible chip issues, I doubt there will be much delay in production due to change over. There's so little difference between the two model years that most of the process will be exactly the same as the previous day on the MY21 build. The infotainment system is pretty much plug and play in the same center dash space. As for chip shortages, those Sync 4 infotainment systems have been in design and production for months to meet the scheduled production date. They may run short at a point but the way their production process operates, there should already be an allotment of Sync 4 systems in the pipeline for production to begin on time. We won't know for sure until production starts.

Howdy Ladies and Gents. I’ll keep it brief and to the point. I’m new to the forum however I have followed you all closely over the last year and a half. I am close to venturing into the Tremor market and after over a year of research and inquiries I felt like I should direct my last major question to the expert owners themselves.

I have spoke with numerous dealers regarding my custom build/order through Ford. I’m solid and set on the back on black Lariat 6.7 Tremor. No question there. I like the additional 2022 interior sync 4 and screen size however that isn’t a deal breaker for me. What is up in the air is shipment/receiving date.

I want to have the truck ready to roll Aug 1, 2021. I have been told by one dealer that the 2022 can ship by then and another that I should order mid May for the 2021 to be shipped by then. Wondering what your opinions are about 2021/2022 shipment dates considering the 2022 books just having come out.

Thanks to all that can help and I look forward to the continuous solid information here!!!

I did have a deposit that I gave them in the form of a check. Luckily, they don’t cash it until you take delivery. They just shredded the check. They really didn’t care that I didn’t want the 21. They said that they will just sell it.
Right on. Look forward to any build, shipment, delivery updates you have to share for your 22

Received confirmation of my 2022 order on Thursday. Dealer said 14-18 weeks so I'm thinking if I have it before Labor Day I'm winning ...

I ordered a 2022 on 3/17 and my sales guy said I should expect it to arrive in July sometime, barring any unplanned production shutdowns. I also need my truck on 8/1 so this was an important point. He also told me that they have plenty of allocation and my priority code is 15. They claim to be the #1 Superduty dealer in the country so I'm not sure how their volume plays into how fast their orders get pulled.

I ordered a 2022 on 3/17 and my sales guy said I should expect it to arrive in July sometime, barring any unplanned production shutdowns. I also need my truck on 8/1 so this was an important point. He also told me that they have plenty of allocation and my priority code is 15. They claim to be the #1 Superduty dealer in the country so I'm not sure how their volume plays into how fast their orders get pulled.
Thanks for the info. Every bit helps!!!!

Back