2020 Tremor Value

Easyrider470

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Military
USN
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor
Need some help with a value. Selling my 2020 Tremor F250 to my BIL and I ordered a 2022 F350 because I needed a bench seat. 2020 Is black on black full loaded with everything but the moonroof. 7600 miles, i have done a B+w flip over ball ($1100) installed clear bra all over the front side panels door handles all the smart places, and tint all the way around ($1200). Trying to establish a good sales price for he and I to make a deal. KBB says 70K without factoring in the Tremor package or any aftermarket upgrades. It would take at least 78-80 to get into this truck new then the aftermarket stuff so any ideas on a value? Thanks.

Easy answer is it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. The number of people looking for all of the options you listed are smaller than the number of people looking for an F250 Tremor which is smaller than the number looking for a plain F250.

It will soon be 2 model years old and you are selling it to family. Depending on what you have into it I would think $70k isn't bad. But that's just me. Also for bank loans they probably won't finance your BIL for more than it's KBB value. Something else to think about when you two are figuring it out.

Not to pile on, but I have found that most people have no desire to pay for the upgrades that I researched endlessly, chose carefully, and installed or had installed. Mods are for the installing owner to enjoy.

On the used vehicle open market, few mods add anywhere near the initial investment to the vehicle sale price.

Get offers from carvana, carmax, and vroom (I think?). They will probably be the best price you could get with minimal work and should give you a very good idea what the truck is "worth."

Used trucks are hot right now, so the dealer you order your new truck from might also want to make some offer that will seem absurd.

Is the goal to sell to your BIL at a decent price or at fair market value?

Used truck are very hot right now, so look around and price accordingly!! When I purchased my new Tremor I traded my 2016 Platinum and they gave me 500.00 less than what I paid for it! Of course it had accessories but like others have said, that stuff typically doesn't raise the price much if at all.

First off, any mods that can be taken off I'd do that they will fit your 2022.

like the B+w flip over ball ($1100) why would you sell that with the truck?

Also go to a dealer to get a fair trade in, they will sell it for a mark up of a couple grand so ask the BIL to pay 2k more then the trade in.

Anything that's made up or not tracked is going to get you in hot water on one side of your family.

My 2020 is worth what I paid for it. At least that is what my dealer said they could sell it for the other day.

Get offers from carvana, carmax, and vroom (I think?). They will probably be the best price you could get with minimal work and should give you a very good idea what the truck is "worth."

Used trucks are hot right now, so the dealer you order your new truck from might also want to make some offer that will seem absurd.

Is the goal to sell to your BIL at a decent price or at fair market value?
My goal is to sell it for more than trade value of course, but also make him a fair deal in comparison to a brand new one

First off, any mods that can be taken off I'd do that they will fit your 2022.

like the B+w flip over ball ($1100) why would you sell that with the truck?

Also go to a dealer to get a fair trade in, they will sell it for a mark up of a couple grand so ask the BIL to pay 2k more then the trade in.

Anything that's made up or not tracked is going to get you in hot water on one side of your family.
Because the truck would have a hole in the bed with no hitch and the labor to remove the bed is not worth having a hitch laying around. The 2022 i ordered with have the integral hitch package In the bed, so i don’t need the flip over

My 2020 is worth what I paid for it. At least that is what my dealer said they could sell it for the other day.
That’s what I was figuring. To buy a 2020 equivalent Tremor right now would cost 78-80 depending on how well you negotiate. So, low mlies and family owned this truck should be a deal at any price

Not to pile on, but I have found that most people have no desire to pay for the upgrades that I researched endlessly, chose carefully, and installed or had installed. Mods are for the installing owner to enjoy.

On the used vehicle open market, few mods add anywhere near the initial investment to the vehicle sale price.
I would agree with that for some mods, but here in Colorado a clear bra is commonplace and expensive, and the flip over ball makes the truck more useful for those that haul a gooseneck or fifth wheel. So i feel that both of these mods deserve a bump in pricing.

Carvana and Carmax were the highest for me. My current trade in, while I’m waiting for mine to come in is literally $1000 higher than I bought it for two years ago. Which is unbelievable. Used truck market is in high demand.

My goal is to sell it for more than trade value of course, but also make him a fair deal in comparison to a brand new one

It all depends, but "fair deal" in comparison to a brand new one is not that great of a deal in this market. Has he been shopping around at all to get a feel for the pricing he should be expecting?

He has been, Also, when I told him I think the truck is worth 70, he was in agreement and told em that’s what he felt it was worth also

Back