Admin
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Diesel Tremor
Current Ride #2
2021 Bronco
I just saw a post on Facebook about these new headlights from Morimoto:

2020 XB hybrid headlights for the halogen equipped trucks. Working now to get delivery estimations and pricing info on these still. I just took the truck up there last Friday and had these test fitted for the final fit and finish on the truck. Pics don't do these justice. I'd estimating pricing to be in line with what we've seen from the hybrid line to date for the Fords and more importantly where they have the 17-19 model hybrid priced at $895 although I can't say that's for certain given the size of these headlights it's an early estimation..

$895 for the set or each headlight?

How is it hybrid. I would not be paying $900+ for anything halogen!

It looks like they are called hybrids as they are full LED that pug and play with the halogen wiring.

Last edited:
$895 for the set or each headlight?

How is it hybrid. I would not be paying $900+ for anything halogen!

It looks like they are called hybrids as they are full LED that pug and play with the halogen wiring.
the blinkers need to be LED but this is a good option for the guys that don't have LEDs

Reviving this old thread. Looks like these bad boys are ready for preorder at $1200. Not a bad deal really considering only the blinker appears to be a regular bulb. I like them better than the full led XB’s. I may have to secure a set for my lariat value package truck!

Reviving this old thread. Looks like these bad boys are ready for preorder at $1200. Not a bad deal really considering only the blinker appears to be a regular bulb. I like them better than the full led XB’s. I may have to secure a set for my lariat value package truck!

They definitely appear much more OEM than the full LEDs. And that halogen blinker can always be replaced with an LED bulb. My only concern is the brightness of the headlights. The full LED XBs aren't as awesomely bright as I hoped. I doubt these will even come close.

They definitely appear much more OEM than the full LEDs. And that halogen blinker can always be replaced with an LED bulb. My only concern is the brightness of the headlights. The full LED XBs aren't as awesomely bright as I hoped. I doubt these will even come close.
Ah, that’s interesting…I had not considered the brightness of them vs OEM. I just assumed they are similar in brightness to the OEM LED headlights. Doesn’t sound like that’s the case. I don’t have my truck yet, but if it’s only marginally better, I’d probably save my money and put it elsewhere on the truck.

They definitely look better than halogen, but I’d like them to perform too.

I don't know how they compare to factory LEDs. If I had to guess, they aren't as bright. From what I heard, 2020+ OEM headlights barely passed DOT testing due to the brightness and glare. I'd be surprised if Morimoto was able to pull off the same stunt. The marketing video Morimoto did was pretty deceptive as it is, comparing the XBs to the 17-19 OEM LED headlights rather than the 2020+. Regardless, any option is better than halogen bulbs.

I am curious, though. Anyone in the DFW area with OEM LED headlights want to meet up at night for a comparison? I promise I won't abandon the volunteer in a ditch and take off with the truck.

I don't know how they compare to factory LEDs. If I had to guess, they aren't as bright. From what I heard, 2020+ OEM headlights barely passed DOT testing due to the brightness and glare. I'd be surprised if Morimoto was able to pull off the same stunt. The marketing video Morimoto did was pretty deceptive as it is, comparing the XBs to the 17-19 OEM LED headlights rather than the 2020+. Regardless, any option is better than halogen bulbs.

I am curious, though. Anyone in the DFW area with OEM LED headlights want to meet up at night for a comparison? I promise I won't abandon the volunteer in a ditch and take off with the truck.
That would be a great comparison if you can find someone to meet you in a parking lot at night. Lol!

I’ll be keeping an eye on these xb hybrids…. I could just add the black package, but damn… I started off with a basic xlt tremor, now onto a lariat 6.7, then added the ultimate trailer tow system.. it’s starting to add up fast! Haha

FACT!!!!! why the black out package at 4300 is a steal
or you could get the ultimate package and get a bunch of other useful shit w. your LED headlights. blackout i just don't understand... its not 2010 no more!

IMO

I’ve had morimotos in my F150. They were great lights but expensive. Especially when you lose one to a Turkey on the highway.

Have you guys tried adding Beamtech LED bulbs to your factory setup? Everyone runs them in their superdutys up here. Bright as hell and 20 bucks a pair on Amazon. Worth a try.

Good point. Ah screw it. I just emailed my dealer to make the switch tomorrow morning to the ultimate package, and add the quad beam headlights. After dicking around with the ‘22 online builder, it seems like it’s not much more to do it on the front side. Value package plus tailgate step is like $1k, so switching up gives you that, plus all of the extras, and an additional $570 discount. So basically it looks like it’s maybe $2700 higher than my value package truck build.
If I’m spending $1200 on aftermarket headlights, I’d rather spend $1500 more and get the rest of the cool stuff! 😎
The black package is neat, but I have to agree, it’s a little dated. I really dig the Oxford white/chrome bits I ordered.
or you could get the ultimate package and get a bunch of other useful shit w. your LED headlights. blackout i just don't understand... its not 2010 no more!

IMO

Last edited:

IMO
i agree there is but i hate chrome i spend alot to remove the chrome from my f150 and also you do get black housing led lights which are amazing but the light do cost 3k by them self and getting all the other stuff in black is nice and i don't have to spend $1000 to get a black grill or a different color but that just me, everyone has there own preferences

Back