2020+ Super Duty Known Issues

Not sure yet. I’ve had Fords my whole life and they’ve been great trucks until the last two. I would love to have another Tremor but idk man...

Last I saw my local dealer still had a white one on the lot. Long story, but its actually the one they ordered for me. Its got the 7.3

Well after reading through some of these issues I’m not gonna complain about water in my third brake light... I guess I just did. Have had my truck since the end of December with no other problems, fingers crossed.

We’ll let’s see, I spent a 20 year career in the automotive repair industry and I’d say my 2020 Tremor 7.3 is about on par with most computers on wheels these days. A few minor issues. My upper glove box doesn’t open. My cargo cam has intermittent short. Been that way since new. Other things I’ve noticed are essentially software tuning issues. The downshift programming for the 10-speed has a noticeable lag at times. Computer gets confused on gear selection so you have a dead gas pedal for about a second. Not crazy about the temporary high idle every startup. When full throttle you can feel torque management really holding back the engine almost like surging. You can see the wavy graph actually when 5 star tuning did their initial Dyno runs. I don’t care for the select shift gear skip feature on trans and there’s the usual drive by wire poor throttle response. All of this can be tuned out of course for improvements. All the usual companies are working on programmers Currently, 5 star, Livernois, superchips, AFE etc... other than that it’s an overly refined modern vehicle with way too many electronics. All the mechanicals are currently working properly.

Sometimes, my SYNC 3 GPS directions lose their mind. I have to shut down the truck and restart it for it to find me on the map. Anyone else ever have this issue?

Glad I am not the only one,,I was seriously worried maybe a rim is loose or something, lousy stearing at 80

Have you had the alignment checked? Slight toe in rear and zero front fixes wander

Rear camera not working consistently seems to be common

Rear camera not working consistently seems to be common
This the bed camera or 360 degree one, or the one in the tailgate? I've yet to have an issue with the only camera I have, the tailgate one.

My bed cam does not work, and
Occasionally the screen will go black. When I pull over and restart the truck it goes back to normal.

It all drives, starts and shifts good. so far.

So camera has been acting up like others, did some googling about fixes, apparently if you go into camera settings and turn off all the additional aids in the camera settings, delay, parking aids etc.....the camera should work without black screen or lines etc. Found some guy in London that has a older different ford but same backup camera issues and by doing so seems to fix the glitch. Tried it last night and so far no more black screen with lines and distorted views anymore. Probably the chip manufacturer/software glitch where old technology meets new sync. Anyway I'll let you know if it stays clear and for how long. Good Luck. Not sure if we can use forscan to turn some of the camera tech off permanently to stop the camera glitches?

Camera has completely quit working. Truck is about 2-3 weeks old with 1400 miles. I got a “somewhat” more entry level package (lariat without the ultimate package) because I didn’t want nor need all the extra gizmo’s. One would think on a $75k vehicle, they could get something as basic as a backup camera squared away.

We’ll see what happens. I have an appt Wednesday morning with the dealership. I’m leaving on a big vacation for 5 days Wednesday afternoon, which will involve a lot of very tight parking/backing, and if it’s not working that will be a bit annoying.

I am replacing a 2017 4runner with 67k mile that never spent a single day in the shop, for this truck.. Really hoping this is just a one-off..

I had the same issue but it just went away.....I thought it was moisture in the third brake light. Several guys have had this issue and Ford squared them away. I am confident they will you also. I traded my Tacoma for an F150 and it was just as reliable...and alot more complex. Same with this truck......

I had the same issue but it just went away.....I thought it was moisture in the third brake light. Several guys have had this issue and Ford squared them away. I am confident they will you also. I traded my Tacoma for an F150 and it was just as reliable...and alot more complex. Same with this truck......

I had a 2013 F250 6.7, and I drove it 78k miles over 4 years, and it was only ever in the shop once for an exhaust sensor.. To me, that is fantastic.

Hoping this is a one-off issue.

Last edited:
I wanted to follow up on the camera issue. We had it into the Ford dealer today, and they said there seems to have been a bad batch of camera’s came out with a bunch of super duty’s over the last several months. It took them about 5 minutes to look at it and decide to replace the camera. They said the camera’s are about 2 weeks out, but the truck will function fine (other than the camera)

Tremor with 700 miles needs new transmission. New one installed and is popping when applying throttle up drive way at a dead stop in reverse.

10R140 ten speed transmission failure in less 100 miles second day of ownership , truck will be down in service 30 days come this Saturday, new transmission is supposed have been at dealer two weeks now. ?
I just called my dealership service department...having lunges and hard downshifts around the 2 or 3. Also when putting into "D" or "R" had clunk and surge. Transmission guy at service department said there is a SSM 48760 on record. Instructions is to let truck warm up before engaging drive. Something about the fluid not moving from the Tork converter to the transmission in a timely manor especially when sitting over night.

Mine felt the same way the first time I took it on the freeway at 150 miles, like the truck was doing the twist over 75mph. Feels better now that I have 500 miles on the tires.
Same here guys...all over the road then after 500 miles on tires better but now when I run around 75 or higher...all over the place. I do not have the adaptive steer. Highly recommend you don't make that ordering mistake like I did.

I just called my dealership service department...having lunges and hard downshifts around the 2 or 3. Also when putting into "D" or "R" had clunk and surge. Transmission guy at service department said there is a SSM 48760 on record. Instructions is to let truck warm up before engaging drive. Something about the fluid not moving from the Tork converter to the transmission in a timely manor especially when sitting over night.

have them reflash the computer and let the truck relearn. I had the same issue in my new transmission

I have experienced the warm up thing a little my self......I always start the truck before I walk out the door and the tranny is good.

Has anyone had issues with the 6.7 fuel pump ?

Back