2020+ Super Duty Known Issues

I’m feeling the same about my 2021 with less than 100 miles. My first SD, it was validating to know you’ve had a few SDs and the tremor isn’t up to par. I hope it’s simply the tires like you say
They aren’t anywhere near broken in at 100 miles.

have them reflash the computer and let the truck relearn. I had the same issue in my new transmission
Ericw26 - I’m having the same issue on my F350 (clunk/surge when putting into gear). Also feels like the truck is trying to run away from me and I have to mash on the brakes until it gets warmed up. Did the computer reflash fix your issues?

Other than my issue with the fuel pump control module, the only thing odd I have found is the rear passenger wheel hub cap keeps getting crooked like it wants to fall off. Should let the dealer know before I get it back.
What problems did this cause

It actually caused Ford to buy back my truck. Had to wait months for them to build a new one. The engine would sputter and act like it would die and warning lights lit up. Also really bad mpg, even for a 7.3.

Check engine light at 600 miles. Def system needed to be reset.

Attachments

• E237275C-A5A7-4DA2-B271-4760C5ED90DC.jpeg
    E237275C-A5A7-4DA2-B271-4760C5ED90DC.jpeg
    96.5 KB · Views: 67
It actually caused Ford to buy back my truck. Had to wait months for them to build a new one. The engine would sputter and act like it would die and warning lights lit up. Also really bad mpg, even for a 7.3.
What was the actual problem with the truck? How is the newer truck running?

New truck is great! No issues at all. 1st control module on fuel pump, then 2 weeks later need new fuel pump. Other weird computer issues. Parts not available due to new model truck combined with covid so Ford bought it back.

New truck is great! No issues at all. 1st control module on fuel pump, then 2 weeks later need new fuel pump. Other weird computer issues. Parts not available due to new model truck combined with covid so Ford bought it back.
I'm hoping for a positive experience when mine arrives. What a pain in the butt, to go through your ordeal.

My AC compressor went out after about 7,000 miles. it took just over a month to get the part. And like you, it was fixed, but not a pleasant experience in the summer heat. My truck ran fine, just no cold air.
And 6 months later......... The A/C is not working again, compressor is not spinning, service appointment is scheduled.

Cause your poor A/C doesn't get any exercise in Maple Valley! ;)

Ford replaced tank and lpfp and still does if progressively getting worse ...they are thinking software issue but it’s def the pump you gain put it in a bucket full of diesel and watch the pump chatter
Did you ever figure your issue out?

mine was the same way, I bought a set of cooper at3 xlt in the 35 inch, sold the duratracs for 750.00...problem solved
Hate to ask, I am looking at different tires myself. What was the exact tire size. I saw you repsponded they for the stock 8 inch rim. The Cooper tires I looked up said 8.5 inch rim

Same here- took mine in for excessive noise and they said it was LPFP - they dropped the tank and put a new one and it still does it. They called in to Ford Friday to see if they have any guidance and I’m waiting to hear back. Symptoms are loud pumping noise / humming and a vibration/ banging almost in the fuel tank that you can feel if you put your hands on it. Truck runs fine though ??‍♂️
Ever get to the bottom of this?
Had a tsb performed still have the same issue.

I’ve been getting a quick chirp or squeak noise when shutting my truck off. It sounds like belt gets a quick slip when engine shuts off. It doesn’t happen every time, 50/50. Anyone else have this issue on the diesel?

I’ve been getting a quick chirp or squeak noise when shutting my truck off. It sounds like belt gets a quick slip when engine shuts off. It doesn’t happen every time, 50/50. Anyone else have this issue on the diesel?
Normal for a diesel, everyone one I've owned has done it. My '05 6.0l did it the most. My '15 6.7l and Tremor 6.7l do it occasional. Personal opinion, I believe it has to do with the way a diesel engine shuts off. Do how high the compression is the engine immediately stops, causing the serpentine belt to chirp sometimes.

Normal for a diesel, everyone one I've owned has done it. My '05 6.0l did it the most. My '15 6.7l and Tremor 6.7l do it occasional. Personal opinion, I believe it has to do with the way a diesel engine shuts off. Do how high the compression is the engine immediately stops, causing the serpentine belt to chirp sometimes.
Thanks!

Here are a few issues I have ran into since picking up my 7.3 Tremor new in May 2020 and I currently have 16k miles on it.
1. Tranny has a loud rattle and whining when idling. I was told this is normal.
2. A piece of roof trim came loose and appears they drilled the body screw in and missed the hole on the trim. To fix this they removed the rear window and mounted a new piece of trim. The body shop squirted the window caulk on the side of my truck.
3. The AC switches over to heat in the middle of summer.
4. The front brakes began to squeal. I tow a small 5th wheel (8k lbs). I was told to increase my trailer brake and they would turn my front rotors. I did what they suggested, even though what I was using prior was ok for my 09 f-250. The squeal went away.
5. The front brakes are squealing again. I drove 5 hours without towing or hauling anything and the brakes started squealing again. I was told that they may need to put a heavier brake set up than what is on it. Maybe something heavier than what is on a F-350 (not my words).
6. I am getting what appears to be a warning message regarding front camera and front parking assist even though I don't have either.

Is anyone else having numerous issues like this? I have read through the thread and seems to me everyone is having 1-2 issues.

none of that is normal......and my tranny is silent....20k miles 6.7

I took a 1100 mile road trip and my audio and GPS doesn’t work. I stopped at a dealer 6 hours away from home in Knoxville, TN and their radio guy was not there that day. They done a reset to factory settings with no luck. Anyone else have this problem? It says audio off and will not let me click anything audio. The GPS says Clinton, TN. Hell I am 7 hours away in Memphis now. That was a boring drive with no radio. My wife made me listen to a podcast on her phone ?View attachment 789
Sounds like the issue I encountered the apim Module it controls the radio and gps mine did that and the dealer thought it was just the stereo screen. After that fail the replaced the apim

Back