2020+ Super Duty Known Issues

I had a Service Advancetrac message recently. I made a thread about it but no replys so assume it is not common. It seemed to be depowered and had no drive modes available. I was towing 8k at the time and pulled over, restarted the truck and it never came back on. Strange... Also had my trans replaced at 1500 miles due to a leak at torque converter, put 1000 towing miles on the new one last week and didnt have any issues besides this message.

Ford replaced tank and lpfp and still does if progressively getting worse ...they are thinking software issue but it’s def the pump you gain put it in a bucket full of diesel and watch the pump chatter

On mine they had us change the fuel filters (they were fine which we already knew since truck only had 8k miles) and then after eliminating that as a cause Ford came back and said it’s a “normal operation noise”

On mine they had us change the fuel filters (they were fine which we already knew since truck only had 8k miles) and then after eliminating that as a cause Ford came back and said it’s a “normal operation noise”
That’s upsetting it’s anything but normal

would like to see those results, thinking about the same.

That was my plan for a while, but now I'm OK with the chrome. At 47 years old, with a family and lots of other time-consuming hobbies, I'm just not motivated to deal with it. lol.

Well... as much as we would like our trucks to be perfect... it aint gonna happen! I figured I would start a thread where everyone could post known issues, problems, defects and how they were resolved either from the dealer or owner fix. This should be helpful knowledge should one of us have the same problem. Maybe this could be a sticky?
Watch out for this issue with our rear backup cameras. See my u-tube video:
Well... as much as we would like our trucks to be perfect... it aint gonna happen! I figured I would start a thread where everyone could post known issues, problems, defects and how they were resolved either from the dealer or owner fix. This should be helpful knowledge should one of us have the same problem. Maybe this could be a sticky?
Having Rear Camera Issues....Recall soon. See issue here: 2020 Ford Superduty Rear backup cameras Issue - YouTube

2020 7.3 Tremor 4.30... whining all the time. wierd shifting.

So, I have driven mine for 11,000 miles and have had a starting issue.
When I get into the truck and put my foot on the brake to start the truck all lights (headlights, dash lights, interior lights, you name it) would be flashing. This include the little green light on the Start Engine button. But when I press the Start Engine button the truck would not start. I try and try, without touching the brake and even the accessory would not work. Only work around is to lock the truck, then press the remote start on the key fob, unlock the truck and then push the engine start button without pressing the brake.
Also, if I do not put it in gear within 10 seconds it shuts off and I have to key fob remote start again.

This has happened 6 times and each time I take it to the dealer they cannot duplicate the action. I have video of each time and show the dealer, but again since they cannot recreate the issue their hands are tied.

My only option now is to, leave the truckalone when the flashing lights happen, call a tow truck and get it to the dealer in this condition. Praying it didn’t fix itself.

HELP!!!

So, I have driven mine for 11,000 miles and have had a starting issue.
When I get into the truck and put my foot on the brake to start the truck all lights (headlights, dash lights, interior lights, you name it) would be flashing. This include the little green light on the Start Engine button. But when I press the Start Engine button the truck would not start. I try and try, without touching the brake and even the accessory would not work. Only work around is to lock the truck, then press the remote start on the key fob, unlock the truck and then push the engine start button without pressing the brake.
Also, if I do not put it in gear within 10 seconds it shuts off and I have to key fob remote start again.

This has happened 6 times and each time I take it to the dealer they cannot duplicate the action. I have video of each time and show the dealer, but again since they cannot recreate the issue their hands are tied.

My only option now is to, leave the truckalone when the flashing lights happen, call a tow truck and get it to the dealer in this condition. Praying it didn’t fix itself.

HELP!!!
It sounds like its stuck in a previous start sequence which it remembers last start/ shutoff. I would try to disconnect negative terminal of cranking battery, wait a minute and reconnect and see if it resets. I had to do this on a Beemer I had once before doing similar crap.

It sounds like its stuck in a previous start sequence which it remembers last start/ shutoff. I would try to disconnect negative terminal of cranking battery, wait a minute and reconnect and see if it resets. I had to do this on a Beemer I had once before doing similar crap.
I will try it later today after getting off work. I will report back if it continues after that!

thank you

anyone having the security horn go off for no reason?, happened twice now and i don't think i butt dialed my key fob
My alarm goes off spontaneously nearly every day and many times a day and mostly during the night. I have it scheduled for service but looks like there is a 2 month wait. I'm sick of getting woke up during the night and I'm sure my neighbors are too!

That's terrible! I would be so mad every time it happened, I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep.

Well 1000kms into mine and I have a coolant leak out the front. Also -40 here these days. Going in on Monday to have it looked at.

My issue is the Goodyear tires that come on the tremor,,I drove mine about 300 miles this past week to Alt and back on I 20 .above 70 mph and sometimes (but not long) 80-85 this damm Truck is all over the road, rear tires felt like they had 20 psi in them, have 67 psi.. l,m thinking the 35/11/18 tires on 8" wide rims are just too narrow for this truck at high speeds, 60 -65 not bad but hold on above about that, I've owned probably 8-10 SD over the years and just traded my 17 SD lariat for this tremor package, 17 had 35/12.5 /20 and handled great at high speeds,,, got to be the pizza cutter tires, I'm hopeful that they wear out soon. ??
mine was the same way, I bought a set of cooper at3 xlt in the 35 inch, sold the duratracs for 750.00...problem solved

Did the at3 xlt’s fit fine on the tremor 18x8 rim?

Well my truck made it a whole 4 weeks out of the shop this time. It failed to start again today so back to the dealer it goes. This makes it the 3rd time for the same issue. This time I will be going the buy back route unfortunately. I have to be able to trust that my truck will start. It made it to almost 3500 miles on the 6.7. It's a shame too because its such a badass looking rig.View attachment 1657 Hope you guys aren't having to go through the same BS I am.
any update on your situation?

Well given I live in Yellowknife and temps have been down to -44C, I may be the first Cylinder Head Frost Plug to go. Apparently it'll be a few weeks before I get it back.

My issue is the Goodyear tires that come on the tremor,,I drove mine about 300 miles this past week to Alt and back on I 20 .above 70 mph and sometimes (but not long) 80-85 this damm Truck is all over the road, rear tires felt like they had 20 psi in them, have 67 psi.. l,m thinking the 35/11/18 tires on 8" wide rims are just too narrow for this truck at high speeds, 60 -65 not bad but hold on above about that, I've owned probably 8-10 SD over the years and just traded my 17 SD lariat for this tremor package, 17 had 35/12.5 /20 and handled great at high speeds,,, got to be the pizza cutter tires, I'm hopeful that they wear out soon. ??
I’m feeling the same about my 2021 with less than 100 miles. My first SD, it was validating to know you’ve had a few SDs and the tremor isn’t up to par. I hope it’s simply the tires like you say

Back