2020+ Super Duty Known Issues

I usually never buy something when it first comes out but it was time to replace my old truck and I wanted the Tremor as soon as I read about it. Always had good experiences with Ford and did expect a few wrinkles to be ironed out. As long as they take care of it and it lasts a long time. I love my Tremor!

I usually never buy something when it first comes out but it was time to replace my old truck and I wanted the Tremor as soon as I read about it. Always had good experiences with Ford and did expect a few wrinkles to be ironed out. As long as they take care of it and it lasts a long time. I love my Tremor!
I was in the same situation as you. My 2007 King Ranch is way past her prime; it was time for a new truck so, despite new engine and tranny, I took the plunge. Should pick it up this Tuesday. Here’s hoping no big long-term issues.

I am sure your new truck will be fine. One thing I like about these forums is if there is a problem, you see if anyone else has the same issue and how it was resolved. People do tend to make more noise about problems than someone who has no problems, but it does seem more Tremors are trouble free than the couple with issues. For what it's worth, my truck was built on a Friday, and you never want one built on a Monday or a Friday lol! It was also the Friday before Christmas.!

I am sure your new truck will be fine. One thing I like about these forums is if there is a problem, you see if anyone else has the same issue and how it was resolved. People do tend to make more noise about problems than someone who has no problems, but it does seem more Tremors are trouble free than the couple with issues. For what it's worth, my truck was built on a Friday, and you never want one built on a Monday or a Friday lol! It was also the Friday before Christmas.!
How did you figure out what day yours was built?

Mine was a Taco Tuesday build; it will probably smell like refried beans when I get it. ??

They sent me a build date. For some reason, my truck was ready in a month from when I ordered and I got a King Ranch with spray liner.

They sent me a build date. For some reason, my truck was ready in a month from when I ordered and I got a King Ranch with spray liner.
Interesting, I also got the King Ranch with bed liner in 31 days. Did you go with the two tone or one color and chrome?

I got the 2 tone with chrome on grills and mirrors. Bumpers slate grey.

Well after the dealership had my truck for 5 days I finally got my beast back!! They had to replace the entire radio head unit. I can’t imagine what that cost. All is good now and hopefully none of us will have that issue again.

4. There are times that the audio turns on by itself. Not a real problem except it is at max volume and makes me poop my pants when it happens. It has happened when on accessory, when starting, or after driving a while. It usually occurs while driving with no know input from me, but maybe I hit a button on the steering wheel?. (This actually sucks. It is very loud and out of the blue. I am trying to see if it is related to putting in my thumb drive with 3,000 MP3's, after I plug my phone into the USB and use Android Auto Apps, or what behaviors cause it. I will try and figure that out and resolve the issue somehow to keep laundry cost and seat cleaning bills down)

Other than that, so far near perfect.

Ed

I had this happen twice yesterday while driving for 12 hours. Both times involved Ford Navigation running to a destination, Ford+Alexa enabled and taking my phone off the wireless charging pad. Ford+Alexa would display an error that it "stopped working - reconnect" on the screen and on came the music.

Still trying to figure it out.

Ed

I had this happen twice yesterday while driving for 12 hours. Both times involved Ford Navigation running to a destination, Ford+Alexa enabled and taking my phone off the wireless charging pad. Ford+Alexa would display an error that it "stopped working - reconnect" on the screen and on came the music.

Still trying to figure it out.

Ed
I have an iPhone X and the apple car play is not compatible. It works but does strange things to my settings on the truck and causes my phone to crash. So I won't use the apple car play at all. It give me a huge headache. so I am done with it.

Did it again, but I think I found the problem, my 70 pound lab in the backseat moved, not jumped, but sat up,,,wondering if there is a sensitivity setting, the dog goes with me everywhere and I do want to lock the truck
The interior has motion sensors and when you shut off the vehicle they activate.

Well my truck made it a whole 4 weeks out of the shop this time. It failed to start again today so back to the dealer it goes. This makes it the 3rd time for the same issue. This time I will be going the buy back route unfortunately. I have to be able to trust that my truck will start. It made it to almost 3500 miles on the 6.7. It's a shame too because its such a badass looking rig.
IMG_7827.jpg
Hope you guys aren't having to go through the same BS I am.

That sucks, the 6.7 isn't new for this year is it? I was a little concerned going with the 7.3 first year, I have gotten screwed in the past with new model years on various OEM's so keeping my fingers crossed!

That sucks, the 6.7 isn't new for this year is it? I was a little concerned going with the 7.3 first year, I have gotten screwed in the past with new model years on various OEM's so keeping my fingers crossed!

No, its not entirely new but there are some decent changes to the 2020 6.7

Man, sorry to hear that! You gonna try and get another one?
Not sure yet. I’ve had Fords my whole life and they’ve been great trucks until the last two. I would love to have another Tremor but idk man...

Picking mine up tomorrow. Ranch Hand sport front bumper goes on with a Warn winch, rear anti sway bar, air bags, then my Cirrus 820 gets strapped on. After break-in oil change, its north to Alaska or border trolling until they open it. I don't have time in the calendar for issues! Fingers crossed!

Back