2020+ Super Duty Known Issues

Duke, like I have been saying since this forum was started, if you don’t want any chrome or brushed aluminum on your truck you have to order the Tremor with the Lariat Sport package. Is this the same dealer that let preorder the truck with a Ford Performance winch that has not been released for sale yet? If so, you really need to find another dealer. Best of luck

He’s right, the only way to do this will be with the sport package. I thought to order like you and paint everything but my wife just said do in now and be done!

that's what the dealership said we can paint the bumpers and get a black grille i said absolutely not

i would but they have my 13 raptor that i traded in and if i take the cash it would be $32,500 if i take the trade it's $35,500 SO I WOULD LOOSE $3,000 but for my pain and suffering since oct the dealer is giving me the lariat sport package tremor for the price of the xlt tremor

WHERE DID YOU ORDER TRUCK FROM I JUST GOT MY VIN# AND TRUCK HAS CHROME I ORDERED IT NO CHROME I'M F-ING PISSED BECAUSE TRUCK WAS ORDERED ON 11/18/19 AND WAS SUPPOSED TO BE DELIVERED 2/26/20 I HOPE I DON'T HAVE TO REORDER
Seriously....listen to abnmp557...
The man knows his super duties.
I have walked in your shoes...felt what your feeling...make sure they have allocations left when you order!!!!!
My 1st order was on August 21.....and now my truck will be here by march 30.3rd order ..long story
Good luck .

Seriously....listen to abnmp557...
The man knows his super duties.
I have walked in your shoes...felt what your feeling...make sure they have allocations left when you order!!!!!
My 1st order was on August 21.....and now my truck will be here by march 30.3rd order ..long story
Good luck .
Thanks Hammrod. I hope you get your truck soon (3rd time has to be a charm and possibly a record of some sorts).

I took a 1100 mile road trip and my audio and GPS doesn’t work. I stopped at a dealer 6 hours away from home in Knoxville, TN and their radio guy was not there that day. They done a reset to factory settings with no luck. Anyone else have this problem? It says audio off and will not let me click anything audio. The GPS says Clinton, TN. Hell I am 7 hours away in Memphis now. That was a boring drive with no radio. My wife made me listen to a podcast on her phone ?
87CA7E6A-A12F-4ED2-810C-4EC77BC5C94E.jpeg

i don't know maybe try disconnecting the battery for a couple minutes maybe that will reset it is worth a try

Twice today on the highway, with no touching anything, my audio turned on. Volume 11. I was sitting still, android phone was unplugged on the wireless charger, Ford & Alexa was on, no input on steering wheel controls, but out of nowhere, the radio came on at pain level volume. Time #1, standing outside the truck at Dairy Queen with the truck idling, and #2, pulling out of the same DQ 10 minutes later, sitting and waiting for traffic to clear to get back on the highway.

Not sure yet if anything identifiable I am doing is causing this, but it is very annoying.

Ed

I took a 1100 mile road trip and my audio and GPS doesn’t work. I stopped at a dealer 6 hours away from home in Knoxville, TN and their radio guy was not there that day. They done a reset to factory settings with no luck. Anyone else have this problem? It says audio off and will not let me click anything audio. The GPS says Clinton, TN. Hell I am 7 hours away in Memphis now. That was a boring drive with no radio. My wife made me listen to a podcast on her phone ?View attachment 789
Had the issue on my 17 Raptor, the APIC module is bad and had it replaced under warranty.

I took a 1100 mile road trip and my audio and GPS doesn’t work. I stopped at a dealer 6 hours away from home in Knoxville, TN and their radio guy was not there that day. They done a reset to factory settings with no luck. Anyone else have this problem? It says audio off and will not let me click anything audio. The GPS says Clinton, TN. Hell I am 7 hours away in Memphis now. That was a boring drive with no radio. My wife made me listen to a podcast on her phone ?

Update: I took my truck into the dealer I bought it from today (Landers Ford Collierville, TN). They tried resetting to factory (try #2), disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes and a few other tricks up their sleeves. Nothing worked and they want me to leave it with them for a few days but they were out of loaner vehicles. I guess I will be without GPS and Audio for a few more weeks.

Purchased my 6.7 Tremor on 12/26/19. After a couple days I noticed the tailgate made a loud popping sound and there was some resistance when being closed. I figured it was no big deal and planned on bringing it up to the service advisor when I brought it in for the first oil change. After that I had zero issues until it failed to start on 2/5/20. Ford roadside assistance picked up and dropped off the truck at the dealer. I was given a loaner and in a couple days was told that the reason for the no start was the fuel pump control module and the part wouldn’t ship from Ford until 2/14. The tail gate issue had to do with the torsion bar bracket and that part was unavailable and they would notify me in a couple days after they could figure out when it wold become available. A week later they notified me that the tailgate part would ship 2/21 and my truck should be ready by 2/25. The part didn't end up shipping until 3/6 and I didn’t end up picking the truck up until this past Tuesday 3/10. The tailgate is good now and everything was good until this morning (Saturday) when I stopped for breakfast and the truck again failed to start. There are less than 1900 miles on this vehicle. I didn’t even have the truck back in my possession 4 full days. On top of all this, while waiting on the tow truck to come this morning I noticed not all of the view options on the 360 camera are working. A few of the options are only displaying a scrambled, pixilated ant race view. After spending this much on a vehicle its extremely frustrating to say the least.

My 7.3 Tremor had trouble starting and they changed the fuel pump control module. It ran fine for a couple of weeks and one morning wouldn't start until eighth try. Been ok since but I am also frustrated. Under 2 k miles and shouldn't have any issues on new truck. As mine is gas maybe it was easier for me to start and the problem being intermittent, it was harder to find. Dealer did duplicate problem finally, but still waiting for other shoe to drop. I imagine on a diesel it may be harder to start but I wonder if the 6.7 and 7.3 use the same fuel pump control module. One time it was running but sputtering. Haven't had that since module was replaced. Hope they fix your truck right. Keep us posted.

Last edited:
Extremely disappointed with Ford on all of this, have a business and have used Ford trucks almost exclusively and have had very good luck for 35+ years. This is ridiculous!

Extremely disappointed with Ford on all of this, have a business and have used Ford trucks almost exclusively and have had very good luck for 35+ years. This is ridiculous!

Same here, have owned just under 600 trucks in 40+ years. Almost all Fords, maybe 30 Chevy's and 1 dodge. Some guys here have had more problems in a few months of ownership than I have had in 40 + years. I have 6 of the 17-20 f-250's - f-450 and haven't had any issues other than 1 radio that went bad. No issues with the F-150's at all.

Keep in mind, people who have issues come to the internet to complain and share. People who have no issues just drive around happy and not posting on forums for the most part. I'm over 2k miles on my 7.3 and have had zero issues.
This is the eighth Ford I’ve purchased new. I’ve had a 99, 02, 03, 07,10,14 and 17 F150. Never had problems with any of them except the 17 F150. Around 37000 miles the turbo actuators failed. Then around 40000 miles part of the computer components that communicate with GPS failed leaving me with no navigation and without functionality of the Sync system. At times the am/fm radio failed to work leaving me with a silent ride. Also had to bring it in when the door lock and window electrical system went haywire and failed to work. When things were good with my Fords I was more than happy to post on these type of forums with my feelings on how great of a product they were putting out. Now I have a 70k truck that is less than 4 months old with less than 2k miles on it and I can’t trust it to even start much less trust it to safely take me and my family 300 miles away with a $40k camper dragging behind us. By the way, the loaner I was given for the first 5 weeks my truck was in the shop was a 7.3 gasser and it did great. Good luck with yours hope you don’t have the same experience myself and others have had.

Keep in mind, people who have issues come to the internet to complain and share. People who have no issues just drive around happy and not posting on forums for the most part. I'm over 2k miles on my 7.3 and have had zero issues.

Agreed.. we’re also talking a first year release of the truck and there are always a few little things that need to get worked out. These threads specifically I’ve always thought should have a Vote on the first post to allow everyone to vote if they have been happy or disappointed with their vehicle.. with the ability to change it down the road.

Agreed.. we’re also talking a first year release of the truck and there are always a few little things that need to get worked out. These threads specifically I’ve always thought should have a Vote on the first post to allow everyone to vote if they have been happy or disappointed with their vehicle.. with the ability to change it down the road.
This is the 3rd generation of the 6.7

Back