Tremor Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
U.S. ARMY 96-99
Current Ride
2020 F250 7.3 LARIAT TREMOR
Current Ride #2
Too many toyz that are ever changing to list :)
Well... as much as we would like our trucks to be perfect... it aint gonna happen! I figured I would start a thread where everyone could post known issues, problems, defects and how they were resolved either from the dealer or owner fix. This should be helpful knowledge should one of us have the same problem. Maybe this could be a sticky?

Last edited:
I have noticed 4 things that are not 100% on my truck, but don't seem to affect any critical functions.

1. The movable sunroof glass does not line up perfectly with the fixed portion (if it ever leaks or makes noise I will address - otherwise cosmetic that you can only see with the right reflection on the roof while in an office building looking down on the truck)
2. The emblem on the grill has a 1/8" gap on the mount on the passenger side but flush with no gap on the drivers side, and flexes a bit like it is not fully clipped/screwed on when I push on it. (I might pull the grill at some point to see if there is a fastener on the back that isn't tight, appears to be cosmetic)
3. The front driver's seat leather is gathered and puckers on the back of the seat near the floor/console right at the bottom corner of the seat. (I might see how it is attached - if velcro I bet I can re-seal it and fix. Totally cosmetic)
4. There are times that the audio turns on by itself. Not a real problem except it is at max volume and makes me poop my pants when it happens. It has happened when on accessory, when starting, or after driving a while. It usually occurs while driving with no know input from me, but maybe I hit a button on the steering wheel?. (This actually sucks. It is very loud and out of the blue. I am trying to see if it is related to putting in my thumb drive with 3,000 MP3's, after I plug my phone into the USB and use Android Auto Apps, or what behaviors cause it. I will try and figure that out and resolve the issue somehow to keep laundry cost and seat cleaning bills down)

Other than that, so far near perfect.

Ed

I read about all the sunroof problems, and is the reason why I didn't order it. I didn't feel like paying over a thousand dollars for more problems.

Just got my truck on 2/12/20 and the window up switch from the drivers seat is not working for the driver side rear window, but it goes up using the switch in the rear seat. I have not yet contacted the dealer about it.

Other than my issue with the fuel pump control module, the only thing odd I have found is the rear passenger wheel hub cap keeps getting crooked like it wants to fall off. Should let the dealer know before I get it back.

My A/C is not working, All the modes are good but the compressor is not kicking on. I'm waiting for a loaner to be available. I'll post what happens here.

Just got an engine code for my NOX sensor not working. Cleared it, will see if it pops back up.

My issue is the Goodyear tires that come on the tremor,,I drove mine about 300 miles this past week to Alt and back on I 20 .above 70 mph and sometimes (but not long) 80-85 this damm Truck is all over the road, rear tires felt like they had 20 psi in them, have 67 psi.. l,m thinking the 35/11/18 tires on 8" wide rims are just too narrow for this truck at high speeds, 60 -65 not bad but hold on above about that, I've owned probably 8-10 SD over the years and just traded my 17 SD lariat for this tremor package, 17 had 35/12.5 /20 and handled great at high speeds,,, got to be the pizza cutter tires, I'm hopeful that they wear out soon. ??

My issue is the Goodyear tires that come on the tremor,,I drove mine about 300 miles this past week to Alt and back on I 20 .above 70 mph and sometimes (but not long) 80-85 this damm Truck is all over the road, rear tires felt like they had 20 psi in them, have 67 psi.. l,m thinking the 35/11/18 tires on 8" wide rims are just too narrow for this truck at high speeds, 60 -65 not bad but hold on above about that, I've owned probably 8-10 SD over the years and just traded my 17 SD lariat for this tremor package, 17 had 35/12.5 /20 and handled great at high speeds,,, got to be the pizza cutter tires, I'm hopeful that they wear out soon. ??

Sandman,

I am with you. They are pretty quiet so far given the tread design, but I have not been overly pleased with them overall except off-road. I will share that at 1,400 miles, mine seem to be breaking in a little bit and getting somewhat better. Not so much better I would tell you that you will start loving them, but after airing the rear down to 65 and getting some miles on them, they suck less.

Ed

Sandman,

I am with you. They are pretty quiet so far given the tread design, but I have not been overly pleased with them overall except off-road. I will share that at 1,400 miles, mine seem to be breaking in a little bit and getting somewhat better. Not so much better I would tell you that you will start loving them, but after airing the rear down to 65 and getting some miles on them, they suck less.

Ed
Glad I am not the only one,,I was seriously worried maybe a rim is loose or something, lousy stearing at 80

anyone having the security horn go off for no reason?, happened twice now and i don't think i butt dialed my key fob
Did it again, but I think I found the problem, my 70 pound lab in the backseat moved, not jumped, but sat up,,,wondering if there is a sensitivity setting, the dog goes with me everywhere and I do want to lock the truck

Did it again, but I think I found the problem, my 70 pound lab in the backseat moved, not jumped, but sat up,,,wondering if there is a sensitivity setting, the dog goes with me everywhere and I do want to lock the truck

Dsimons,

When you shut off your truck, do you get a message on the dash about all sensors or perimeter sensors? There are interior sensor in the overhead console that sense motion inside your truck. If you select perimeter sensors, it turns off the interior sensors. Hope that is the issue. I will look next time I connect FORScan to see of you can set a default on the motion sensors to not cover the interior.

Ed

Dsimons,

When you shut off your truck, do you get a message on the dash about all sensors or perimeter sensors? There are interior sensor in the overhead console that sense motion inside your truck. If you select perimeter sensors, it turns off the interior sensors. Hope that is the issue. I will look next time I connect FORScan to see of you can set a default on the motion sensors to not cover the interior.

Ed
Thank you

Not likely, ran that size (285/75r18) for a decade on different trucks. I personally think that’s the right size. Sure sounds like alignment issue.

Not likely, ran that size (285/75r18) for a decade on different trucks. I personally think that’s the right size. Sure sounds like alignment issue.
Could be Kman ,,I'm called my tire shop buddy and that's what he said to check 4 wheel alignment 1st,,hope you guys are correct, don't really want new tires they roll great, going Slow, ??

I haven’t noticed any problems with the truck wandering and I drove 900 miles at 85mph straight home when I bought the truck. I really like the duratracs I’ve had them on 3 different trucks, they have always been quiet and well mannered for me.

Dropped mine off this morning and got in a loaner for the a/c fix hope it doesn’t take long.

Oh and yes the interior sensor is what’s setting the alarm off my kids do it when I’m fueling and lock the door out of habit.

I haven’t noticed any problems with the truck wandering and I drove 900 miles at 85mph straight home when I bought the truck. I really like the duratracs I’ve had them on 3 different trucks, they have always been quiet and well mannered for me.

Dropped mine off this morning and got in a loaner for the a/c fix hope it doesn’t take long.

AC issue... due tell! I live in AZ and that's like saying on the Titanic... we have a leak.

Back