Military
Army
Current Ride
Velocity Blue F350 Diesel with Sport & Ultimate package
Current Ride #2
20 Explorer / 18 Indian Chieftain Limited / 19 Can-Am Defender XMR
First Responder
Volunteer Firefighter
Im currently deployed and working with Militar Auto Source (MAS) to get a new truck. I received the following email about ordering a 2020, and abut getting the winch with it.

***Ford has closed down their 2020 production without any pre-warning.
This is good though as they’ll start the 2021 s sooner. I've attached 2 estimates 2021 quotes above based on the specs you sent.
In regards to the Lariat I'm unable to add the strobe lights with the Box lighting.
Also, they got back to me on the winch kit. I received the following email from them below. Essentially it will be on a best effort basis when the order goes in:

**Aaron the winch was added to some models but there are a lot of rules about where it can be ordered. I would say submit the order without the winch, attach the exact build the customer wants from Ford.com and submit the order 'best efforts' with the detailed build. We'll work with the Order Processor to get it submitted as best efforts after buildout but no promises.

So it looks like I will be ordering a 2021.

Also if I want box lighting and strobes what's easier to add afterward? Box lighting? Does anyone have any experience with ford strobes?

I also attached the build sheet for your viewing pleasure. Fully loaded XLT diesel in the bidget. However the Fully loaded LARIAT diesel is just outside my reach without putting money down. However with his program as better rebates/specials come up, I will get them. Does it work like that with a normal dealer?

Attachments

• 2021Estimate.PDF
    211.8 KB · Views: 133
  • 2021LAriatestimate'.PDF
    201.6 KB · Views: 104
Also with these 2 builds. What do you think the payload will be?

Well crap, i was going to go in and order one on Monday......

Well crap, i was going to go in and order one on Monday......
Holy crap. I guess this is the reason I haven’t got my VIN yet!!
I wonder this will work with people having pending 2020 orders. I guess they will just be just paired with a 2021 exact build?

I wonder this will work with people having pending 2020 orders. I guess they will just be just paired with a 2021 exact build?

I think you will still get 2020. Maybe they are to back-ordered, so using this as a catch-up time?

Anyone see anything I missed or not worth getting on my quotes?

Did they get back to you? I thought you ordered before I did?

Sometimes they do roll over orders to the new my. I would be pissed if they did that for mine as that would be 2-3k more for mine. To spend that extra money I’d want LED push start one touch doors.

Anyone see anything I missed or not worth getting on my quotes?
I did not see that carefully. Looks like you’re getting about $5k off msrp. I think they did a good job estimating the up cost on the 21.

My one comment is the a Platinum 7.3 that I built was $74k msrp.

Did they get back to you? I thought you ordered before I did?

Sometimes they do roll over orders to the new my. I would be pissed if they did that for mine as that would be 2-3k more for mine. To spend that extra money I’d want LED push start one touch doors.

My dealer managers had no update on VIN# for my order. He gets weekly updates on Tuesdays. I think the reason is that most of my build has all the stuff that is on backorder.
I wouldn’t be to worried about getting a 2021 if it get to me this year.

I did not see that carefully. Looks like you’re getting about $5k off msrp. I think they did a good job estimating the up cost on the 21.

My one comment is the a Platinum 7.3 that I built was $74k msrp.

I like the lariat and getting the diesel. If i went with 7.3 it be 10K less. Thanks for reviewing it and checking to see if i missed anything.

My dealer managers had no update on VIN# for my order. He gets weekly updates on Tuesdays. I think the reason is that most of my build has all the stuff that is on backorder.
I wouldn’t be to worried about getting a 2021 if it get to me this year.
What’s on back order?

What’s on back order?
Some of the parts like the customer placed camera and a few other items as listed in icesolders build listed them
Lariat sport package and a few other items.
575A6C9B-C6E5-44C0-9B08-987C9232D454.jpeg

I was working with two separate dealers to try to get a good price. While at the one dealer on Tuesday (6/30) he mentioned that Friday (7/3) was the last day to order a 2020. My order was placed on Thursday (7/2). They did not mention anything about shutting down new orders/production but then again something could have happened that I am unaware of.

I found a source that matched what the one dealer told me ( kinda surprised he was honest about it) . The information can be found here: https://www.donlen.com/buildstart-trucks-ford.html

Also stumbled upon 2021 start up dates, I cannot verify the accuracy of this but the information can be found here: http://www.napletonfleet.com/run_static.php?htm=startup_dates.htm

Wow, this is big news. I read an article a few weeks ago that hinted around this time frame..

Sources familiar with production plans tell Ford Authority that the last day to order the current 2020 Super Duty is July 10th, and the last day to change orders is August 13th. Production will then end for the 2020 model year on November 1st at the Ford Kentucky Truck Plant, followed by the Ford Ohio Assembly Plant on November 6th.

Your build looks awesome! I like the split bench setup on the front. I'm sure it will be nice to have all the extras that the Lariat package includes, but it's always tough deciding if it's worth the extra $$.

I believe you get the current rebates at the time of delivery. Keep an eye on the POC Thread, that could be a nice little bonus off the price of the truck.

Wow, this is big news. I read an article a few weeks ago that hinted around this time frame..

Your build looks awesome! I like the split bench setup on the front. I'm sure it will be nice to have all the extras that the Lariat package includes, but it's always tough deciding if it's worth the extra $$.

I believe you get the current rebates at the time of delivery. Keep an eye on the POC Thread, that could be a nice little bonus off the price of the truck.

Iv hear that before about the rebates that are available at the time of delivery. However, i think because its a special program for service members that is why we get the better ones it goes until delivery (or a month before, that's when payment is due).

I went with the split-bench because of the kids and makes it more comfortable for long trips. I did enjoy my console in my 150. but i don't feel I'm losing anything.

I just submitted my 2021 order based off of 2020 build. Supposedly it puts me on the preorder list to get me to the top of the list, and then when the official order form comes out ill redo it to match the 2021

I keep trying ot get the PCO, but no luck yet

Back