Miltary
Army
Current Ride
Velocity Blue F350 Diesel with Sport & Ultimate package
Current Ride #2
20 Explorer / 18 Indian Chieftain Limited / 19 Can-Am Defender XMR
First Responder
Volunteer Firefighter
Im currently overseas and working with the MAS to order a truck. However, I was searching for when 2021 come out, and found this:

Sources familiar with production plans tell Ford Authority that the last day to order the current 2020 Super Duty is July 10th, and the last day to change orders is August 13th. Production will then end for the 2020 model year on November 1st at the Ford Kentucky Truck Plant, followed by the Ford Ohio Assembly Plant on November 6th.

How accurite do you think this is?

So if i waited and ordered right when ordering opens, when do you think i would get delivery?

alaskannate

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Miltary
USAF retired
Im currently overseas and working with the MAS to order a truck. However, I was searching for when 2021 come out, and found this:

Sources familiar with production plans tell Ford Authority that the last day to order the current 2020 Super Duty is July 10th, and the last day to change orders is August 13th. Production will then end for the 2020 model year on November 1st at the Ford Kentucky Truck Plant, followed by the Ford Ohio Assembly Plant on November 6th.

How accurite do you think this is?

So if i waited and ordered right when ordering opens, when do you think i would get delivery?

Working overseas as well and was told Jun 29th was the last for 2020.

richtor

Tremor Addict
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Race Red F250 Tremor
From my understanding, if you order now you could get it by early oct. if you wait it could be December or January before it shows up.

I believe the yearly transition often happens in sept not first of nov.

OP
IceSoldier88

IceSoldier88

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Miltary
Army
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
First Responder
Volunteer Firefighter
From my understanding, if you order now you could get it by early oct. if you wait it could be December or January before it shows up.

I believe the yearly transition often happens in sept not first of nov.

So if i wait for 2021 ordering to open. Do you think it woudl be safe to say id have it by April?

richtor

Tremor Addict
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Race Red F250 Tremor
So if i wait for 2021 ordering to open. Do you think it woudl be safe to say id have it by April?
Yes, why would you not?

It generally takes 2-3 months for a order to go from places to dealer delivered.

When will you be stateside?

OP
IceSoldier88

IceSoldier88

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Miltary
Army
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
First Responder
Volunteer Firefighter
Yes, why would you not?

It generally takes 2-3 months for a order to go from places to dealer delivered.

When will you be stateside?

I ask because my MAS sales rep says he doesn't know for sure because of COVID, and how many people get in before i do. I am leaning towards getting a 2021 so if there's any bugs or tweaks they should be worked out, and the winch should be available. I get home in December, but I need it no later then Aprilish for camping season. But would prefer sooner

richtor

Tremor Addict
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Race Red F250 Tremor
I ask because my MAS sales rep says he doesn't know for sure because of COVID, and how many people get in before i do. I am leaning towards getting a 2021 so if there's any bugs or tweaks they should be worked out, and the winch should be available. I get home in December, but I need it no later then Aprilish for camping season. But would prefer sooner
Personally, I think the bugs are being worked out now because of the down time based on the virus. The biggest issue is the cameras. I think you’re good to go, with either the 20 or 21. 20 will be one year old Even when brand new and may offer additional rebates. I expect a big(2% or higher) price increase on the 21. Right now the tremor in base form is as cheap as a decently optioned 150.

20: lower price but 1 yr old.
21: higher price and maybe sync 4.
If your dealer orders right you could have your 21 in December.

Moringa

Tremor Newbie
Reaction Points
Hi everyone first time poster. I was looking to order the 2020 tremor but am waiting to see if 2021 will get any updates worth waiting for.

OP
IceSoldier88

IceSoldier88

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Miltary
Army
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
First Responder
Volunteer Firefighter
Personally, I think the bugs are being worked out now because of the down time based on the virus. The biggest issue is the cameras. I think you’re good to go, with either the 20 or 21. 20 will be one year old Even when brand new and may offer additional rebates. I expect a big(2% or higher) price increase on the 21. Right now the tremor in base form is as cheap as a decently optioned 150.

20: lower price but 1 yr old.
21: higher price and maybe sync 4.
If your dealer orders right you could have your 21 in December.

Im going through a third party Military Auto Sales (for deployed soldiers) its a discounted price. And im custom ordering it. So im being told cant order the 2021 yet. if anyone hears diffrent please let me know. Im hoping for sync 4 and new radio screen. I don't mind it being a year old. Keeping it for the long haul. Thats why im ordering it the way i want.

richtor

Tremor Addict
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Race Red F250 Tremor
Im going through a third party Military Auto Sales (for deployed soldiers) its a discounted price. And im custom ordering it. So im being told cant order the 2021 yet. if anyone hears diffrent please let me know. Im hoping for sync 4 and new radio screen. I don't mind it being a year old. Keeping it for the long haul. Thats why im ordering it the way i want.
The screen will be the same, they might add sync 4 but I’d be surprised. They may want to keep it as 150 then bronco exclusive for first year.

The price will go up on the 21, it won’t matter who you buy it from. 5% off of $67k(21) will be higher than 5% off of $65k(20) Good luck in your decision.

modified

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2017 Ford Rapor
Current Ride #2
2020 Diesel Tremor
Welcome to the forum @IceSoldier88 and thanks for your service 🍻

I've been searching every day for 2021 Super Duty information. I'm guessing we won't see any major changes with the 2021s. I'm still on the hunt for a Tremor. I'm sure I'll keep this truck for the next 7-10 years so I would like it to be as current as possible. If we don't see any major changes, I'm hoping to find a good deal on a 2020.

OP
IceSoldier88

IceSoldier88

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Miltary
Army
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
First Responder
Volunteer Firefighter

I've been searching every day for 2021 Super Duty information. I'm guessing we won't see any major changes with the 2021s. I'm still on the hunt for a Tremor. I'm sure I'll keep this truck for the next 7-10 years so I would like it to be as current as possible. If we don't see any major changes, I'm hoping to find a good deal on a 2020.

Thats my intent. Im custom ordering it and plan for 7-10 years. Which is why im considering holding out for 21. But also looking at the diesel over the new gasser.

Warpath

Lobber of midgets
Reaction Points
Miltary
U.S. Army
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor
Current Ride #2
2020 Shelby GT500
Thats my intent. Im custom ordering it and plan for 7-10 years. Which is why im considering holding out for 21. But also looking at the diesel over the new gasser.
I would just hold out till 2021. This way you can keep your deployment money just a little longer.

Grabber

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor
Current Ride #2
2009 GT500 & 2018 E350
If you look at Ford's past practice, they always update the F150 first, then follow with the Super Duty a year or 2 later. I doubt there will be any major changes (maybe some colors) other than price (going up for sure) for 2021. It will be at least 2022 before your see any changes.

richtor

Tremor Addict
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Race Red F250 Tremor
If you look at Ford's past practice, they always update the F150 first, then follow with the Super Duty a year or 2 later. I doubt there will be any major changes (maybe some colors) other than price (going up for sure) for 2021. It will be at least 2022 before your see any changes.
The Lariat Tremor Ultimate package 7.3 I built was $66k. Last time I was at the local dealer they had 3 or more 20 150’s(the old one, haha) lariat at $65-67k. There is no way the 150 should cost the same as the 250 Tremor! Most certainly the 21 150 is going up in price as with the 21 superduty. The only question is how much?

Mike Alcocer

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Miltary
Air Force Reserve, Spouse
Current Ride
2020 F-250 XLT Tremor 6.7
First Responder
Fire Captain
Am I the only one who is planning on this being a 20+ year truck?

JC_Tremor

Toasty
Reaction Points
Miltary
USN
Current Ride
Focus ST

I'm sure you'll let us know when you finally pick one up. I gotta ask, what are you waiting for? I figured you'd have been one of the first to own one.