Rock Taxi

Tremoraholic
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F350 6.7l King Ranch Tremor
Current Ride #2
2004 Jeep Wrangler LJ Unlimited
I noticed over the holiday weekend on the highway, that my lane keep assist has stopped jiggling the wheel when I cross the lines. I read that the sensor is in the windshield, and it is clean and unobstructed, and I have turn the sensitive and notifications to the max settings to make sure it is on. Any ideas what could be going on?

Ed

I noticed over the holiday weekend on the highway, that my lane keep assist has stopped jiggling the wheel when I cross the lines. I read that the sensor is in the windshield, and it is clean and unobstructed, and I have turn the sensitive and notifications to the max settings to make sure it is on. Any ideas what could be going on?

Ed
Do you still get the green dashed lines and do they turn red when you get close or over the line?
20230530_181452.jpg

Did you scratch your cluster? :(
No, pretty sure that is just the lighting.

Edit: or at least I don't notice it. I'll point it out to my detailing buddy and it'll drive him nuts so much that he'll fix it.

No, pretty sure that is just the lighting.

Edit: or at least I don't notice it. I'll point it out to my detailing buddy and it'll drive him nuts so much that he'll fix it.
Only way I recommend cleaning those going forward is with a light puff of air. The plastic is way too soft; even microfiber can cause it because of the dust being moved around with pressure is what scratches it. @MiTremor906

Last edited:

Ed
I have the same issue, on a '20 also, will try the recommendations here, thanks!

I would consider yourself lucky. I'm not a fan of the lane keeping assist. It's never turned on. Didn't like it in my F-150 either.

My 2016 lane keep assist just wiggled the wheel a bit and I liked it. However, my 23 has another great/terrible feature. I don't know if its blue cruise or not, but in the HUD the sides of the HUD get thick blue bars and the truck will steer for me. This is great at times, but the horrible part is when it has my tires approximately 6" from the right line and nearly 18" from the left line. I don't know about the rest of you, but I would prefer to drive closer to the left than the right. At least on the left I am more aware of my surroundings.

Ed
Check the Lane Keeping System On /Off button. According to my owners manual (page 251) : “ The button is above the audio unit or on the center console.” My button has an image of a vehicle swerving out of the lane above right of the audio unit screen.

Ok, I own being an idiot. I must have hit the button above the audio unit when I pressed the camera button. One push and it is back working.

Thanks all for the input.

Ed

Ok, I own being an idiot. I must have hit the button above the audio unit when I pressed the camera button. One push and it is back working.

Ed
At least it was an easy fix. I forgot about the button as well.

Ed
Glad it was a simple fix!!

Could you imagine taking this into the dealership and they just look at you and say, you have to push this button.

I took my wifes old honda pilot into honda because the rear wiper wasent working. They took the cover off, noticed the nut was very loose, and tightened it. I felt so dumb.

Morale of the story, we all make mistakes, just laugh at it and move on.

Back