2020 F350 Super Duty

Joe

Tremor Newbie
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F350 Lariat 6.7
I made a mistake today at a new fuel station and put 30 gallons of High Sulpher diesel in my fuel tank. I am fully aware that this is not good. I have a couple of questions about this: one; will one tank of high sulphur fuel be incredibly bad? Two; if so, how does one drain the tank?

shouldn't be a problem, It may cause more frequent regens .... so probably best to drive alot because regen doesn't like short drives it likes long drive periods

I didn’t even know you could still buy that at a regular gas station, I though it was all the ultra low now. Will have to pay more attention when I fill up in the future.

I didn’t even know you could still buy that at a regular gas station, I though it was all the ultra low now. Will have to pay more attention when I fill up in the future.
I gotta agree with @McCrosky2004, and wonder how this is possible. Assuming you're not in Mexico or something. Even off-road vehicle diesel fuel was supposed to transition to ultra low sulfur in, like, 2015 or so in the U.S.

Are you sure it wasn't ULSD, labeled wrong, or some other such mistake?

Ya, I thought you could only buy ultra Sulphur diesel? Even farm co-ops sell low Sulphur fuel.

It was at a commercial fuel depot, there was a couple of trucks at two islands so I went to the third, just didn’t pay attention and loaded up with High Sulphur.

Back