2020 F250 Tremor “Transmission Problems" Gen1/Gen2?

Iron Man

Live life to it's Fullest Thanking GOD for it all
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F350 6.7 Iconic Silver Platinum Tremor w/winch
Current Ride #2
2020 Jaguar F Pace SVR - 2020 Harley Davidsnon Limited CVO
I was wondering if a Christian Sepulveda is on this Forum. If you are did you have your Tremor problems fixed. He posted the Utube video I was watching while working out.
He had 7.3 and numerous problems but the winding and grinding sound coming from muffler area might have been the Tranny Problems people have been having.
I always want to help Brothers out. I wanted to try to seek him out and say dude this site will give you some insight.
There was a Utube video someone here posted saying the Gen 1 10 Speed is defective. And that guy on the video also had a 5 day old truck and the Ford service department told him they were putting a Gen 2 10 speed in because the Gen 1 was scrap.
Again to all of you that share your wisdom to us, you are truly getting many Blessings From GOD. I’m certainly trying to pay it forward, all wisdom you all have helped me with.
A Truly Heartfelt Thank You To You All.
??✌️???????????

I was wondering if a Christian Sepulveda is on this Forum. If you are did you have your Tremor problems fixed. He posted the Utube video I was watching while working out.
He had 7.3 and numerous problems but the winding and grinding sound coming from muffler area might have been the Tranny Problems people have been having.
I always want to help Brothers out. I wanted to try to seek him out and say dude this site will give you some insight.
There was a Utube video someone here posted saying the Gen 1 10 Speed is defective. And that guy on the video also had a 5 day old truck and the Ford service department told him they were putting a Gen 2 10 speed in because the Gen 1 was scrap.
Again to all of you that share your wisdom to us, you are truly getting many Blessings From GOD. I’m certainly trying to pay it forward, all wisdom you all have helped me with.
A Truly Heartfelt Thank You To You All.
??✌️???????????
I found an update and he had his truck in the shop for 10 days and got it back 10/4 and no issues. Service department was closed so he doesn’t know what was wrong. Sorry to maybe panic some who say here we go again Tremor problems. Any way back to lifting.

I found an update and he had his truck in the shop for 10 days and got it back 10/4 and no issues. Service department was closed so he doesn’t know what was wrong. Sorry to maybe panic some who say here we go again Tremor problems. Any way back to lifting.
Would be nice to know how to identify the difference between Gen 1 and Gen 2? My truck was delivered about a week ago, I'd think mine would ok? Only about 400 miles on my truck so far

UPDATE:

Not ok. My truck is in the shop for the TSB, and once they had a look it needs a torque converter which is on backorder and no word when they will be available :mad:

Last edited:
Would be nice to know how to identify the difference between Gen 1 and Gen 2? My truck was delivered about a week ago, I'd think mine would ok? Only about 400 miles on my truck so far
This was the Utube video of the Gen 1 problems. Sorry I don’t know how to bring up a link for you to get it.

Attachments

• C601B365-7D46-42D7-B285-52EC60EBDAF2.jpeg
    C601B365-7D46-42D7-B285-52EC60EBDAF2.jpeg
    250.3 KB · Views: 220
This was the Utube video of the Gen 1 problems. Sorry I don’t know how to bring up a link for you to get it.
I just watched the video (y) Your screenshot was enough to find it, thanks

Here's the link:

First time I've heard of different generation transmissions. Would be interesting to find out more about this. Is it a 7.3l issue only?

I just checked my truck. It does indeed have this exact same noise. It does not in Park or Neutral, but it does make the sound in Reverse or Drive with brake on, as if waiting at a stop light. This guy in the video says Ford is working with him on it. I'll be trying to find out about the Gen 2. And watching this thread for sure.

I just checked my truck. It does indeed have this exact same noise. It does not in Park or Neutral, but it does make the sound in Reverse or Drive with brake on, as if waiting at a stop light. This guy in the video says Ford is working with him on it. I'll be trying to find out about the Gen 2. And watching this thread for sure.
My man. Pay it forward with any information to help the next brother out with any of your experiences. This wasn’t me who first posted this video. But how helpful that brother was for sharing. This Forum is Awesome.
Why should you have that noise that will probably get worse in time. Let a lone may breakdown on you at the worst time and left stranded.
Good luck with your new Beast. ✌️

Somebody posted this a couple weeks ago.
One has to remember Ford produces over a million trucks a year with many different suppliers. There will be times a part or two are not perfect. This does not mean theres a problem with all the parts or trucks.

It is up to Ford to fix it or any problems. If they balk or choose not to that would be the problem.

Hey Brad - That's doesn't sound good - What engine do you have? Please keep us updated!

One has to remember Ford produces over a million trucks a year with many different suppliers. There will be times a part or two are not perfect. This does not mean theres a problem with all the parts or trucks.

It is up to Ford to fix it or any problems. If they balk or choose not to that would be the problem.

Thanks for mentioning that. Here's the link to the other thread:

Not sure if this recall from a few months ago is related or not.

recall.jpg

Agreed on all counts

Here's what I was able to get. Seems a little different then what SVT4X4 had so I'll share. Sorry for the weird format, but all the info is there:

1602986185225.png

EDIT: I just noticed it says 13 vehicles affected, that's not many....

Here's what I was able to get. Seems a little different then what SVT4X4 had so I'll share. Sorry for the weird format, but all the info is there:

View attachment 7128

So they claim 13.

View attachment 7128

Sounds like a different issue

Sounds like a different issue

They are both related to Torque converter failures, both claim they would result in extra brake pedal pressure being required, and both claim they make make the engine stall.

I started the post a few weeks ago regarding the noise when stopped but in gear. Took my truck into the dealer last Wednesday. Called on Friday and they said it was a bad torque converter. Ford sent them a replacement part, and I should have the vehicle possibly today. They want to get it installed and put some miles on it before I get it back. I will update when I get the truck, but it did seem to require more pressure on the brake pedal and when downshifting, from 5 down, it would seem to shift pretty hard and drive up my rpms. Sort of like downshifting when towing. I am hopeful this will fix the problem, as I have sumo springs, pmf sterring stabilzers, replacement bumpers ready to get put on.

Latest Discussions

Back