TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Military
U.S. Army
Current Ride
2020 6.7 Lariat Sport Tremor
Current Ride #2
2013 Rubicon Unlimited
Here is a dyno comparison by TFL of the 6.2 vs 7.3.

Not to bad, I would love to see what 5 star can do to this engine. They did tunes for my 6.2 GEN1 Raptor, the gains on that truck were amazing.

I am not a big fan of dynos. They are a great tool for tuners but really don't reflect much about real world performance. I want to see how the 7.3 with the 10 speed transmission compares when someone actually hauls a heavy load uphill with it.

Another thing to add is it appears the truck hit the mph limit right about the time it starts to get to the rpm “sweet spot”. I bet there’s some bigger HP numbers hiding around 5000 rpm. I agree that the real test is towing, look forward to seeing TFLtruck run this up the Ike.

Dynos....... so many variables. Elevation, temp., design (drum, inertia type etc.) makes them OK for apples to apples at the same place and same time. But the caveat is truly with the PCU's becoming so complex and multi faceted the tranny, engine timing, throttle blade position, etc are all held hostage to the EPA and corporate lawyers. Many times a limp mode after a few runs retards timing due to temp. or pre-determined parameters unbeknownst to the operator. Not like the old days with jet changes and changing weights on my distributor advance mechanism haha.

Ford 7.3L Godzilla Engine Dyno Results, Teardown & Comparison to Coyote & 351 Windsor

did I hear them say the speed was limited to 90 MPH? Is that a dyno thing or computer on the truck?

did I hear them say the speed was limited to 90 MPH? Is that a dyno thing or computer on the truck?
I am going to assume it’s set in the PCM based on the rating of the tires, just like the Raptor has a limit of 99 mph from the factory. I had 5star tune change my GEN1 to 150, never dropped a tune in my GEN2. I am sure 5star Tuning will do the same for the 7.3l.

I believe it is based on the PCM as well. They were in a higher gear (6th or 7th) for 1:1 to get the truest numbers they hit the factory seed limiter (I'm thinking) Not sure if anyone can confirm / deny that they have had their Tremor above 90?

I believe it is based on the PCM as well. They were in a higher gear (6th or 7th) for 1:1 to get the truest numbers they hit the factory seed limiter (I'm thinking) Not sure if anyone can confirm / deny that they have had their Tremor above 90?

LOL, not above it but right at it. When passing someone I was not used to the speed at which these vehicles accelerate at. I was there almost instantly.

Back